Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Man, DeFalco really can't write very well, can he? Once this crossover is done, I'm dropping the hell out of this. Just awful.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Read the preview. The dialog, to me, consists of the Adam West Batman days. "Conner, quick, do you remember the plan?" "YES BATMAN, DIPITTY, DOO DAH! You mean the one to use my TTK as a distraction?! Coming right up mentor Batman but I assure you, feathery one, I am not as dumb as I look!" Just can't get into that type of writing where EVERYTHING is said out loud in the midst of action when it's not necessary.

Does anyone have detailed spoilers for this issue? I'm really debating on if I should pick this up or not.

Did anything interesting or game changing happen?

Not as bad as the last issue as far as dialogue went. Though that would be seriously hard to top.

It also looks like we've just seen how Supes and Kon went back into the past. And again, nice to see more Cyborg. I think as of late he's had more screentime and done more stuff in a Superman crossover than the actual Justice League book.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Not as bad as the last issue as far as dialogue went. Though that would be seriously hard to top.

It also looks like we've just seen how Supes and Kon went back into the past. And again, nice to see more Cyborg. I think as of late he's had more screentime and done more stuff in a Superman crossover than the actual Justice League book.

Spoilers please? Be as detailed as u can

Sure. Kon starts breaking down the forcefield as we saw in the preview, then we get a shot of H'el and Kara talking. He shows her Krypton for a moment only to reveal it's just before the destruction hit, and the two re-affirm their resolve to save Krypton or whatever. Kon breaks the forcefield down, Flash is able to find a way to vibrate through the fortress' exterior, and Supes and Cyborg boom-tube into the fortress.
    H'el as it turns out was screwing with the boom-tubes somehow and drops them in front of killer droids kept in the fortress.
    Wonder Woman manages to break down the front door and then holds off the other robots so Kon and Bats can get inside, looking for Kryponite but find H'el has already removed it.
    Supes and Cyborg are dealing with all the dangerous crap in the Fortress, and Cyborg asks why he didn't just put them in the League's secure facility, but Supes thought they were too dangerous for even that. They come to an alien-prison machine that allegedly teleports people through neverending pocket dimensions, or something. The machine is going haywire and teleports Supes, and then Kon decides to be teleported as well to try and bring him back. I think this could be how they end up back in time but I might be wrong.
    And meanwhile, the Herald appears on the last couple pages to say the Oracle has finally responded to his message.

Sure. Kon starts breaking down the forcefield as we saw in the preview, then we get a shot of H'el and Kara talking. He shows her Krypton for a moment only to reveal it's just before the destruction hit, and the two re-affirm their resolve to save Krypton or whatever. Kon breaks the forcefield down, Flash is able to find a way to vibrate through the fortress' exterior, and Supes and Cyborg boom-tube into the fortress.
    H'el as it turns out was screwing with the boom-tubes somehow and drops them in front of killer droids kept in the fortress.
    Wonder Woman manages to break down the front door and then holds off the other robots so Kon and Bats can get inside, looking for Kryponite but find H'el has already removed it.
    Supes and Cyborg are dealing with all the dangerous crap in the Fortress, and Cyborg asks why he didn't just put them in the League's secure facility, but Supes thought they were too dangerous for even that. They come to an alien-prison machine that allegedly teleports people through neverending pocket dimensions, or something. The machine is going haywire and teleports Supes, and then Kon decides to be teleported as well to try and bring him back. I think this could be how they end up back in time but I might be wrong.
    And meanwhile, the Herald appears on the last couple pages to say the Oracle has finally responded to his message.
    Wow that actually doesn't sound like it sucks! Thank you for the spoilers.

I don't think this is them going back in time, especially reading it in conjunction with the Superboy Annual solicits.
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

Picked this up to see where things are headed and people saying it's not that bad of an issue. Good to see the League Cameo, always enjoyed seeing the interactions in this types of appearances. Hoping I can get past the corny dialogue.

Lotta whiners on this thread, lol.

I liked it, quite a character change from issue one to now with Kon jumping in after Supes. Can't say there hasnt been character development. XD Interesting seeing the League respecting Kon soo soon. Actions are louder than words I guess. Also funny considering his terrible relationships with the Titans, Ravagers and Legion.

Curious to see where the book goes with his powers and his big brother. Its nice that the 3 supers are soo much closer in age in this universe.

BANNED

Lobdell should have just written Superboy for this crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Lobdell should have just written Superboy for this crossover.
    Is it possible that now that Lobdell is off Red Hood And The Outlaws, he returns on Superboy?

Quote Originally Posted by the Sun God View Post
    Is it possible that now that Lobdell is off Red Hood And The Outlaws, he returns on Superboy?
    You don't know how happy that would make me.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You don't know how happy that would make me.
    Fingers crossed. In the worst case scenario we'll have DeFalco also on Superman.
    Last edited by the Sun God; 01-16-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the Sun God View Post
    Fingers crossed. In the worst case scenario we'll have DeFalco also on Superman.
    Dear god, please don't speak of such things even in the hypothetical Mr. Lobdell seems like he wouldn't give up Superman for anything right now, and if he were to add Superboy to that plate I could see a more cohesive continuity forming. Lobdell seems to be the captain of the Superman ship right now.

I just hope to see more Superman and Superboy interaction under Mr. Lobdell's pen. Superman 15 was just too good!