Page 187 of 198 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2965

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    "WE" do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    What yanapryde said.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunrise24 View Post
    100% this.
    Total agreement with Yanapride on the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicker Man View Post
    Nobody makes him a monsterr. We consider him bad writer and plagiatist who wrote horible stoy that's painful to read. Nobody says he did it on purrpose.
    Trust me, there have been plenty who have gone as far as to call Hopeless a monster for his "abuse" of fictional characters. Not sure how many fans are claiming that he is a "plagiatist," however.

I find Avengers Arena to be a very enjoyable and fairly well-written book. If the final issue lives up to my expectations, the whole series will be one that simultaneously saddens me (poor Mettle) and entertains me. That's pretty good considering the fact that my reactions ranged from distaste to disappointment when this title was announced and the first few issues were hit-or-miss.
    Pull List: Animal Man, Avengers Arena, Suicide Risk, Suicide Squad, Superior Foes, Swamp Thing, X-Men
    Trade Waiting: Superior Spider-Man, Unwritten, The Walking Dead

I wonder one thing. Did anyone actually predict that 11 contestants would live to see day 30 besides crimsonspider?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost. View Post
    Trust me, there have been plenty who have gone as far as to call Hopeless a monster for his "abuse" of fictional characters. Not sure how many fans are claiming that he is a "plagiatist," however.
    Oh, the way he treats the character has been nothing but shit, I still fea Chase and Nico may never recover from what crap he pulled them through. But nobody claims it's intentional - we (and by that I mean crritics o the book, so all loads of fanboys in this thread who want to correct me, sit) consider him an idiot, not a bastard who decided to ruin them on purpose.
    As for plagiatism - have you read Battle Royale? I did. I can see what he directly stolen from it, sometimes without even pretending to change anything.

I find Avengers Arena to be a very enjoyable and fairly well-written book.
    And I find it painful to read, clumsy, commiting every mistake I hate in modern comics, falling into every pitfall of moderrn comics and all-of all insult to graphic storytelling. I wrote dozens of pages about what's bad with it and I haven't yet scrrratched the surface. It's the wost comics book I've read in my entire life. Ultimatum? Better. Nemesis? Better. Unfunnies? Better. Avengers Arena is colossal failure on every level and I hope it will be over and forrgotten and some good writer will help characters ruined by it recover.

Avengers Arena is colossal failure on every level .
    Clearly, it is not. Evidenced by the continuation of this title's roster in Avengers Undercover, and the continued positive reception it receives both here and on amongst professional critics.

You hate it.
    We know.
    Its ALL we know about you.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

And I find it painful to read, clumsy, commiting every mistake I hate in modern comics, falling into every pitfall of moderrn comics and all-of all insult to graphic storytelling. I wrote dozens of pages about what's bad with it and I haven't yet scrrratched the surface. It's the wost comics book I've read in my entire life. Ultimatum? Better. Nemesis? Better. Unfunnies? Better. Avengers Arena is colossal failure on every level and I hope it will be over and forrgotten and some good writer will help characters ruined by it recover.

So what? So what if you think like that? Who would give a fuck about your idiotic pointless comments about this brilliant book which you already told at least 100 times. You have very VERY serious problems. If you are getting this angry over a comic book I don't even want to know what your family is suffering.
    Nothing you say will change the pace of the book or the career of Hopeless. It will change nothing. NOTHING! Why do you still insist of expressing the same opinion again and again and again? What good it is for us? For you? No one has to ready your crap in this forum. Can't you see how most of the people here are sharing the same opinion that is exact opposite of yours? I don't get it. Go to a place where people share the same opinion with you. You call Hopeless an idiot, yet you act like a complete idiot.

And omg! What is this about BR. I've read the first 50 issues and hated it.

I don't believe that anyone should "change" their "opinon" simply because I don't agree with it.

I'm merely correcting your many "we think" and "this is" statements. Carry on grieving, as is your right.
    Seems like wasted energy is all. They do have a Runaways thread, in the Marvel Comics section, I believe. Might be more enjoyable.

And proud of it.
    .....? So are you admitting that you're trying to anger the fans, or...?

And can everyone agree to drop the hostile adult language? Everyone needs to chill out. Its a book. A BOOK.
    Fiction even.
    Last edited by yanapryde; 11-18-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    cpjudd.com

The Runaways thread died after this book was released as did any discussion about characters in this book TBH.

The "we" refers to majority of people since it isn't liked by a TON of people who have read the issues.

And I haven't been the only one who predicted this book. A lot of people have.

After Red Raven's death and how he wrote Hazmat issue 1, people went with horror tropes and the most cliche ways to push the story forward which included PIS.
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

Issue 17 got 8 out of 10 in Newsarama's review. :)

wow someone shook

edit: had a huge laugh at "proud of being tiresome"

you are acting so shook
    like look at the guy get so worked up and offended :points:

everyone has their own opinions and tastes if u don't like hopeless then don't read his work. if u don't like Avengers Arena DONT READ IT. and don't come on here hating this is a thread about people actually like the book.

on a lighter note I'm re-reading the series so everything can be fresh in my mind for the finale!

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorDeadpool View Post
    everyone has their own opinions and tastes if u don't like hopeless then don't read his work. if u don't like Avengers Arena DONT READ IT.
    1) I'm still hoping he will somehow pull a stunt to prove I was wrong about him.
    2) This series causes a trainwreck paradox in me - so horrible you cannot bear t, but you cannot turn your eyes away.
    3) I'm worried what will happen to my favorrite characters and if they survive thsi shit
    4) Would you rather like me to complain about book I haven't read?
    Last edited by Wicker Man; 11-19-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Some people just take pleasure in sharing their misery. Its sad.
    cpjudd.com

MOD BREAK

Everyone, let's get back to discussing the book and characters of Avengers Arena. Knock off the personal battles and insults. Talk comics, don't bash other posters or creators just because you differ in opinion. If there are posters you have trouble interacting with, then I advise you to put them on IGNORE. If you see problematic posts, report them to moderation. Thanks.