Page 38 of 198 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    In the spirit of moving the conversation away from talking about talking about the book...

I'm definitely in the 'it feels like ages since the last issue' camp, so I went back to check out:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14735

Really looking forward to the Runaway issue, finally getting some interaction between them and the AA kids.
    Still no colored preview for it? The inks are . . . okay, but it could easily be made or broken by the coloring. They look like they'd be better served by a brighter pallet, but the overall dark and muted pallet of Arena serves the themes well and may not jive with the pencil style.

This one will be tricky, art wise.
    Last edited by Majin Gojira; 02-03-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Okay guys, enough with the derailing and discussing each other.

Majin Gojira, I get your grievances and difference of opinion about the title but there's no need to keep repeating the same arguments so please move on.

so what have been revealed so far as the mechanisms preventing people from tunneling, swimming or flying their way out? I assume nobody has teleportation powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    Okay guys, enough with the derailing and discussing each other.

Majin Gojira, I get your grievances and difference of opinion about the title but there's no need to keep repeating the same arguments so please move on.
    How is it derailing when it's within topic?

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Because it was really really boring

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    No, the stuff I've had to remove really wasn't nor was it conducive towards moving the thread along in a less negative manner but that's the last I'm going to discuss of this.

Moving on:

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    In the spirit of moving the conversation away from talking about talking about the book...

I'm definitely in the 'it feels like ages since the last issue' camp, so I went back to check out:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14735

Really looking forward to the Runaway issue, finally getting some interaction between them and the AA kids.
    I'll be curious to see how this looks colored, I like Vitti's stuff but I don't know if he's the best choice to keep consistency with Kev's art. I think they should have gone back to Declan Shalvey who partnered with Kev in T-Bolts but that's just me playing armchair editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Still no colored preview for it? The inks are . . . okay, but it could easily be made or broken by the coloring. They look like they'd be better served by a brighter pallet, but the overall dark and muted pallet of Arena serves the themes well and may not jive with the pencil style.

This one will be tricky, art wise.
    Yep, agreed.

I'm also glad Cammi's backstory to how she got to earth was explained and through the use of S.W.O.R.D., I'm still not a fan of the concept of the book but admittedly it has it's strengths in other areas. Hope she survives to see Drax again at some point and I'd like to see Darkhawk/Juston & his Sentinel get out of it alive as well cuz Sentinel is too cool for this school.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Juston and Sentinel and Darkhawk will not escape. At best, Sentinel and Juston will fuse. Darkhawk will join with Cammi or Chase or possibly Ryker or a Hogwarts kid. It is known.

I have no familiarity with Vitti's work. Google suggests that once inked and coloured it will be more than adequate.

Majin, I like you did a lengthy reply but it was really rather lengthy, so all I can say in reply without getting a tl;dr going is that I live Southern Hemisphere side rather than Stateside so procuring Battle Royale is still an issue.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

I rather agree. If the series is "legitimate" with the deaths (IE: It's not VR, but that does not negate resurrections later down the road one way or the other), Juston fusing with his buddy to become an Omega Sentinel and Dark Hawk legacy-ing his armor to Cammi or Chase are very distinct possibilities.

Yeah, it was a lengthy response, but what's sick is that the article I'm finishing up on it and the genre as a whole has exceeded 15K words. Pehraps I'm a little obsessed.

Sorry about the Battle Royale unavailability for you. It's a shame, as it really is a good movie. Not sure what the convention scene is like where you are, but that may be your only option as a way of catching it legitimately.
    Last edited by Majin Gojira; 02-04-2013 at 06:14 AM.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Because they're very much like a real group of teens, who perhaps don't like each other but are bound together as an insular group due to circumstance.

You don't see how they can be favourites, but the Braddock Academy kids have been the focus of much of the positive and excited discussion about the book along with Ryker.
    Plus Bloodstone's "snarky comment" was him calling out Kid B and Nara for picking on Ryker.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    Juston and Sentinel and Darkhawk will not escape. At best, Sentinel and Juston will fuse. Darkhawk will join with Cammi or Chase or possibly Ryker or a Hogwarts kid. It is known.

I have no familiarity with Vitti's work. Google suggests that once inked and coloured it will be more than adequate.

Majin, I like you did a lengthy reply but it was really rather lengthy, so all I can say in reply without getting a tl;dr going is that I live Southern Hemisphere side rather than Stateside so procuring Battle Royale is still an issue.
    Juston, Sentinel, and Darkhawk are going to be free and you're going to LIKE IT.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    I rather agree. If the series is "legitimate" with the deaths (IE: It's not VR, but that does not negate resurrections later down the road one way or the other), Juston fusing with his buddy to become an Omega Sentinel and Dark Hawk legacy-ing his armor to Cammi or Chase are very distinct possibilities.

Yeah, it was a lengthy response, but what's sick is that the article I'm finishing up on it and the genre as a whole has exceeded 15K words. Pehraps I'm a little obsessed.

Sorry about the Battle Royale unavailability for you. It's a shame, as it really is a good movie. Not sure what the convention scene is like where you are, but that may be your only option as a way of catching it legitimately.
    One pretty low key convention a year where I am. Still, I got to speak to Ron Marz briefly last year at it. Lovely fellow. Might be able to find it, there are a few DVD stalls.
    I'll be interested to read your article.
    The fusings can be a way for 'at least 10 to die' while developing rather than burning properties. Its a cop out but one I have no issue with. A couple of resurrections wouldn't bug me. Unless it is superbly well done as a twist, VR would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    Juston, Sentinel, and Darkhawk are going to be free and you're going to LIKE IT.
    Hopeless could write Babsgirl, Marrow and Santa Claus and I would like it. Though maybe you're being optimistic. Maybe I'm being pessimistic. Sentinel has already exploded, the Darkhawk armour has been torn from its host and Juston is particularly weak without his mecha.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Plus Bloodstone's "snarky comment" was him calling out Kid B and Nara for picking on Ryker.
    I love Bloodstone already. A reserved guy who might be the most 'good' Hogwarts kid. Or maybe the most massive and apathetic dick. I do not support RykerxCullen but I acknowledge the allure.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what have been revealed so far as the mechanisms preventing people from tunneling, swimming or flying their way out? I assume nobody has teleportation powers.
    He has a force field up. Although this does not explain why Nico cannot teleport herself out or why Darkhawk could not try blasting his way through.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Since the comics industry monolith still works on the archaic pre-order system for sales projections, you can get your digital pre-order in at comiXology for Arena #4 if you're a digital comics reader and you'd like to support the books you love.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

This book needs more Nico.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"