Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 124
  1. #76

    Default

    I think he's talking about the Germany fight, you know...where Loki wasn't shown to be injured after the blast and actually wanted to be captured.

    That and he's giving Storm way too much credit, seeing as she basically has human level durability and her best feat is creating 3 tornadoes at once....that isn't going to help much since there were dozens of flyers and at least 5 Space Whales in that fight....she'll be blasted long before she manages to take out even a fraction of the enemies. assuming she isn't taken out by the ground troops.

  2. #77
    Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    He doesn't require time to use the energy blasts, like he did in the opening scene. And since none of the X-Men have above normal speed, they aren't dodging.
    That's true but he had no one oppose him. Is there any visual examples when he had someone oppose him and used the staff? Also, is there any visual proof how fast it was? Storm has shown fast reaction time when she saved Logan and when she attacked the three mutants in front of Jean house. You can check previous post for those examples. I doubt Wolverine would be phased by the blast.
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 01-23-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius

  3. #78
    Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake-eyes View Post
    I think he's talking about the Germany fight, you know...where Loki wasn't shown to be injured after the blast and actually wanted to be captured.

    That and he's giving Storm way too much credit, seeing as she basically has human level durability and her best feat is creating 3 tornadoes at once....that isn't going to help much since there were dozens of flyers and at least 5 Space Whales in that fight....she'll be blasted long before she manages to take out even a fraction of the enemies. assuming she isn't taken out by the ground troops.
    There you go! Still ignoring and still aren't willing to look at previous post. She did multiple tornadoes and she kept regenerating them as she was moving!

    I'm done.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius

  4. #79

    Default

    Considering the post you just quoted has me mentioning that she's made 3 tornadoes at once, how exactly am I ignoring that she can make multiple tornadoes?

    BTW, the staff blast flipped a police car, Wolverine doesn't have the feats needed to tank that kind of damage.
    Last edited by Snake-eyes; 01-23-2013 at 06:29 PM.

  5. #80
    Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake-eyes View Post
    Considering the post you just quoted has me mentioning that she's made 3 tornadoes at once, how exactly am I ignoring that she can make multiple tornadoes?

    BTW, the staff blast flipped a police car, Wolverine doesn't have the feats needed to tank that kind of damage.
    She made more then three it was like six to ten at first. You also ignore the fact that she continuously creates them as they are moving. You would have seen this if you actually paid attention. He survived being
    atomized, hits from the Juggernaut, thrown from the Juggernaut, attacks form Magneto and that isn't even everything.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius

  6. #81

    Default

    I don't have the DVD at hand to check the number of tornadoes, but I only recall 3...but if you say there were more, I'll take your word for it.

    However I do have a copy of The Last Stand and Wolverine has zero feats that suggest he could no-sell one of Loki or the alien's blasts.

  7. #82
    Fists of God Chou Blaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    14,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake-eyes View Post
    I don't have the DVD at hand to check the number of tornadoes, but I only recall 3...but if you say there were more, I'll take your word for it.

    However I do have a copy of The Last Stand and Wolverine has zero feats that suggest he could no-sell one of Loki or the alien's blasts.
    Especially considering a bullet to the head knocked him out.

  8. #83
    DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    6,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    She made more then three it was like six to ten at first. You also ignore the fact that she continuously creates them as they are moving. You would have seen this if you actually paid attention. He survived being
    atomized, hits from the Juggernaut, thrown from the Juggernaut, attacks form Magneto and that isn't even everything.
    The problem here is that her tornadoes are totally featless. They are basically distractions and don't do any damage to anything. They also take her multiple seconds to call up, seconds that she doesn't have, since Loki's just going to cook her or hit her with a knife.

    Logan survives, but, for example, Juggy pounds him into total inactivity, Magneto trivially immobilizes him and tosses him a mile (something that he doesn't just "pop up" from on screen), and a shot from a .38 cal revolver KTFO's him. He has no impressive speed - he's going to get knocked out by either opposing force here and then simply tied up or dogpiled or mind-controlled.

  9. #84
    The Exterminator The last dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    She made more then three it was like six to ten at first. You also ignore the fact that she continuously creates them as they are moving. You would have seen this if you actually paid attention. He survived being
    atomized, hits from the Juggernaut, thrown from the Juggernaut, attacks form Magneto and that isn't even everything.
    Your ignoring the fact that she wasnt moving. She was siting down in a plane and presumably concentrating entirely on creating them and ceeping them runing. The most said tornados did was make two jets crash.

  10. #85
    The King is always around BYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    6,255

    Default

    Tornadoes are good enough to kill normal folk, which will take out foot soldiers. Space whales has to be done via attrition, probably a combo of lightning, freeze, punching, and tons of stabbing by Wolverine.

    It's definitely doable, but no NYC left. Even if Wolverine is knocked out, he'll get back up soon enough as this is a scenario match.

    X-Men have no chance against Loki. Against Chituari, pyrrhic victory.

  11. #86
    Awesome Member saiyan jedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake-eyes View Post
    I don't have the DVD at hand to check the number of tornadoes, but I only recall 3...but if you say there were more, I'll take your word for it.

    However I do have a copy of The Last Stand and Wolverine has zero feats that suggest he could no-sell one of Loki or the alien's blasts.
    Wolverine blocked an optic blast from deadpool with his claws. The same ones that cut through the nuclear column they were fighting like butter. Its kind of a B.S. moment in the movie but it still stands.

  12. #87
    The King is always around BYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    6,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saiyan jedi View Post
    Wolverine blocked an optic blast from deadpool with his claws. The same ones that cut through the nuclear column they were fighting like butter. Its kind of a B.S. moment in the movie but it still stands.
    Yeah I have no idea what Wolverine feats are okay, what are PIS, and what are SMvsFL. I do know that getting shot in the head and KOed in X-2 was a low showing, so that gets dropped.

    His Origins feats are pretty ridiculous though, much more like his comics version.

  13. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saiyan jedi View Post
    Wolverine blocked an optic blast from deadpool with his claws. The same ones that cut through the nuclear column they were fighting like butter. Its kind of a B.S. moment in the movie but it still stands.
    So does all his other feats and Wolerine has about a dozen or more feats that have him getting ko'd or thrown around by far less force.

  14. #89
    Not my job to care Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    7,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    Yeah I have no idea what Wolverine feats are okay, what are PIS, and what are SMvsFL. I do know that getting shot in the head and KOed in X-2 was a low showing, so that gets dropped.

    His Origins feats are pretty ridiculous though, much more like his comics version.
    He got KTFO in the first film in his first five minutes by getting conked by Sabertooth, it might have been with a tree branch, I don't remember exactly but regardless in the main Xmen movies he's been knocked out multiple times by trauma to the head.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-24-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

  15. #90
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,009

    Default

    Yeah, the only thing really inconsistent in the three first movie is him regenerating from the disintegration.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •