Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saga, #9

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
    No. Nobody.
    I thought the action looked stilted.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Did anyone else dislike the way Staples drew the art?
    No. Nobody.
    Frankly, I find the artwork and designs at times to be a bit too silly and or weird to fully immerse myself in this comic or take it completely seriously. It's not often I run into cases where the artwork can be decent but also hurt the comic at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There's few things better than to watch a classic in the making; now I know how the people reading Watchmen or V for Vendetta back at the time of the release felt. Almost every other book feels irrelevant in comparison.
    You are right, but i just hope it doesn't lose its way as a monthly ongoing and not a 12 issue series like V and Watchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Frankly, I find the artwork and designs at times to be a bit too silly and or weird to fully immerse myself in this comic or take it completely seriously. It's not often I run into cases where the artwork can be decent but also hurt the comic at the same time.
    Again, I like the art for the most part, but just found the action in this issue awkward.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by FailureByDesign View Post
    You are right, but i just hope it doesn't lose its way as a monthly ongoing and not a 12 issue series like V and Watchmen.
    Vaughn had planned it end very bitterly on 6 issues if it didn't kick off. Luckily it's a huge seller and I think he's said at conventions that he essentially wants it to last longer than Y and Ex Machina combined, which would be like 120 issues right?
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Deluge View Post
    Vaughn had planned it end very bitterly on 6 issues if it didn't kick off. Luckily it's a huge seller and I think he's said at conventions that he essentially wants it to last longer than Y and Ex Machina combined, which would be like 120 issues right?
    Yup, he has often joked that he wants to do one more issue than Kirkman does on Walking Dead. Which is kind of my point, some might argue that Walking Dead has dipped in quality etc as it has gone on (opinion of course) and i don't want that for Saga.

A very solid issue. The creative imagery and funny dialogue is as good as ever. However, It felt a little dull compared to previous issues due to the lack of plot development and strong character moments. I was able to get through it pretty quickly to be honest. But overall, good issue.

I was a little wary with the direction after seeing the cover, but I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I really hope the series doesn't end anytime soon. I really like where it's going and if it were to end in the near future, I don't feel like it would wrap up well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortecks View Post
    I was a little wary with the direction after seeing the cover, but I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it.

I really hope the series doesn't end anytime soon. I really like where it's going and if it were to end in the near future, I don't feel like it would wrap up well.
    That cover looks like The Will's mind's eye view of himself.

kinda sad the stalk wasn't coming back for real, she's awesome.

I finally read issues 1-9, as I got curious enough to look into what all the love for this comic was about.

As a whole, I found it okay, but I kept getting the feeling a lot of the comic was being weird just to be weird, or for shock value. I don't know if that's actually the case, but it put me off it a bit.

I also think the art was okay, but I've seen much better art from Fiona Staples than what is in this comic, and what's in Saga seems kinda like a step down for her, and definitely not as amazing as I've heard.

Overall I think it's a good comic, but I didn't come away as impressed as a lot of people seem to.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Hey, it's not for everyone. No worries.