Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saga, #9

Says alot when 9 issues in and a supporting character can carry a whole issue. Love the new dynamic, love the art, LOVE this book.

Did anyone else dislike the way Staples drew the art? Aside from that and the heavy handed dialogue, which wasn't that bad just a bit wonky with the pacing, I thought it was a decent issue. I reviewed it at the link in my signature if anyone is interested.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Great issue as always but why the hell would Sextillion bring the girl if they knew she wasn't a mooney?

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Aside from that and the heavy handed dialogue, which wasn't that bad just a bit wonky with the pacing, I thought it was a decent issue.

Lyyyiiiing
    Last edited by Darknet; 01-16-2013 at 01:46 PM.

On the off chance of actually making a sale?

Omfg !

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

There's few things better than to watch a classic in the making; now I know how the people reading Watchmen or V for Vendetta back at the time of the release felt. Almost every other book feels irrelevant in comparison.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    Great issue as always but why the hell would Sextillion bring the girl if they knew she wasn't a mooney?

Lyyyiiiing
    Lol. No way dude!
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

What's not to love about Saga, great characters, writing and dialogue, this book is simply amazing, and Lying Cat might actually be the star of this book...

It was nice seeing the Stalk again, missed Hazel a little this issue...

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Did anyone else dislike the way Staples drew the art?
    No. Nobody.

As usual, this book didn't disappoint. I love that I can not predict what is going to happen next. Gwendolyn looks to be a very solid character.

BANNED

This book has bar none the best dialogue in comics. BKV is just a master.

Great issue. The Will and Gwendolyn make a very cute couple. But it seems kinda of an easy match. So I'm sure some wrench will get thrown into that. The Will can't ever be happy. I have a hunch that's a rule.

Something I noticed about The Will this issue, did anyone else notice his cap has a cowl? Like... a super hero type mask cowl. I wonder if he'll ever put it on.
    Last edited by The Adventurer; 01-17-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Great issue. The Will and Gwendolyn make a very cute couple. But it seems kinda of an easy match. So I'm sure some wrench will get thrown into that. The Will can't ever be happy. I have a hunch that's a rule.

Something I noticed about The Will this issue, did anyone else notice his cap has a cowl? Like... a super hero type mask cowl. I wonder if he'll ever put it on.
    It's always been there, which now means you'll have to re-read previous chapters and try and get a look
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Loved this issue. Very cool to have this wrap around to Gwendolyn. We've definitely been hearing about her and now for her to be on the trail of Marko and the gang along with The Will is fantastic. Can't wait for the Alana/Gwendolyn faceoff we know is coming and seeing the other half of the translation rings was very cool. Vaughn is truly creating a masterpiece here. Every detail is important, every character feels real (even though they are some of the most far-fetched designs I've seen).

Another awesome part of this issue for me was the letters column. Hilarious to read the script that Vaughn gave Staples for the giant troll dude.
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals

Yeah, I only noticed the cowl this issue as well. Can't believe I've never noticed it.