Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Did the creators forget about Ben Grimm?

Hi, my first thread ever starts with something that's bothering me for months now.

Where the hell is Ben Grimm?
    After his developement in "Ultimate Secret/Enemy/Doom", he just appeared in Spider-Man 155 (Peter Parkers Birthday Party),
    and then he was never seen again.

Wasn't he somehow with the army or somehting? So in all this civil war stuff going on the ultimates, where was he?
    And the whole Reed Richards storyline, Sue was there, Johnny with the X-Men, but where was Ben?

I think this is realy disappointing,

what do you think?

It's one of the worst things ever. He became so awesome in Doomsday. He should be a front and center member of the Ultimates as far as I'm concerned.
    Comics are more better.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

If they forgot about that horrible relationship between him and Sue, all the power to the writer. Just wish it was Ben appearing instead of Sue in the Ultimates.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

During his AMA on Reddit yesterday Humphries stated:

...Lots of plans for Sue but none for Ben right now.
    So sadly, we probably will not see Grimm for another year or so.

Yes, the creators have pretty much forgotten about anything good in the Ultimate Universe.

Maybe they are trying to make Sue Storm a more interesting charact.. I am sorry even I cannot commit that sentence to this electronic format. There are a few characters from the FF side of things they have forgotten about like what the hell happened to Johnny Storm and Namor ?

Why is Sue getting all this attention and Ben is left glowing in the dark? Aren't they supposed to be married? Maybe Humphries can do some good and make Sue a likeable character again.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Maybe Ben is making or guarding Reed's prison or using his powers to help rebuild damage cities after the Hydra thing

Ben should be a front and center Ultimates member, humphries doesn't seem to get this title at all and it has me worried about Uncanny Xforce

It would be nice if Ben was brought back somewhere in the Ultimate U. Its just like Johnny has been missing for a bit as well. A new Ult. Fantastic Four would be nice.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

BANNED

Purple Ben, Nova and Captain Mahr-Vehl. Three extraordinary, interesting characters. All of whom have been criminally underused.

But considering how Ben is practically the Superman of the UU, it doesn't make any sense why the creators would choose not to include him during the recent events. His powerlevel is insane. I want him to go up against something huge all by himself, something like Gah-Lak-Tus. I honestly think he could give the Gah-Lak-Tus swarm a decent battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If they forgot about that horrible relationship between him and Sue, all the power to the writer. Just wish it was Ben appearing instead of Sue in the Ultimates.
    Right on!!
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

I'm still waiting for the debut of Ultimate Comics: Fantastic Four #1

I'm surprised Bendis hasn't used him more seeing as he was the one who created him.

I have to say I was never a fan of the rushed relationship between him and Sue. Fair enough that they get together but getting married so quickly seems silly. I hope she says something in the Ultimates along the lines of it was all a bit rushed so they have cooled it a bit and Ben has gone off somewhere for a while.

I never really understood what his new power set was other than being purple

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    I never really understood what his new power set was other than being purple
    A hyper powerful Cosmic-y - Super-Sayan - Sentry/BlueMarvel - type of powerset.