Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Oh I don't deny that Jean has all sorts of issues, but even that was done with more subtlety than this.
    Chris Claremont is anything but subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Well she would also have found out that her dear mother wished she had never been born right when she was about to die, so I'm sure that would change her perspective about that. Besides, what's the point of crying about it anyway? She's not Cyclops after all.
    Regardless of how what her mom thought, no teenage girl, not even jean grey, would take the brutal murdering of her entire extended family in stride. It's ridiculous.

Bendis ignored it out of convenience, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by celestialbodies View Post
    [/B]Which is a real shame because Scott can't seem to get enough of her
    I don't really get why a Scott fan would hate Jean. I'm a bigger scott fan than a jean fan, but really it's not her fault the dude is an omega level self saboteur.

I'm personally a fan of both characters. Now their relationship? Ehhhhhhhh, it just brings both characters down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Chris Claremont is anything but subtle.
    There was an element of personal fantasy injected into all of that as well I'm sure.

Damn, good fill-in art by Marquez

Wolverine looks strangely confused in that third panel. "Oh uh...whoops?"

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    Regardless of how what her mom thought, no teenage girl, not even jean grey, would take the brutal murdering of her entire extended family in stride. It's ridiculous.

Bendis ignored it out of convenience, clearly.
    Well to be fair The End of Grey's is one bullet point on a looong list of things for Jean to react to. The Beast memory download was only towards things that specifically happened to her. I believe Bendis said he's aware of End of Grey's, so they may just be saving it for now.

im pretty sure that behind this is emma frost, you know like mastermind.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Well to be fair The End of Grey's is one bullet point on a looong list of things for Jean to react to. The Beast memory download was only towards things that specifically happened to her. I believe Bendis said he's aware of End of Grey's, so they may just be saving it for now.
    That's true. I could see Jean forcing it down until she's alone and has time to actually process it. And I could even see her viewing "Jean's" life story as just that, a story, and not her actual life, as a way of coping with that huge of a tragic infodump.

I don't really get why a Scott fan would hate Jean. I'm a bigger scott fan than a jean fan, but really it's not her fault the dude is an omega level self saboteur.

I'm personally a fan of both characters. Now their relationship? Ehhhhhhhh, it just brings both characters down.
    I can't argue with you about Jean dragging Scott down. You're right that he's been stronger without her. While I've also been a fan of both, I definitely prefer Scott over this version of Jean. Still, I'm writing off most of this version of Jean's bad behavior as "typical teenage girl".

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by .A View Post

Just imagine the kind of person that attends a Dazzler gig. Those thoughts must have been pretty depraved.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...r-Appreciation
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Comes with the territory. For Scott to excel some seem to think that Jean must be at fault for HIS own failings when she has always wanted him to open up while he wanted her to be smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by UserIDGoesHere;16446577[B
    ]I can't argue with you about Jean dragging Scott down. You're right that he's been stronger without her.[/B].

And this kind sir/ma'am is for you

I believe what you meant to say was Scott has always dragged Jean down, don't let Marvels' revisionist, and skewed version of Jean/Scott's past deceive you Jean has never held Scott back in the ways he's held her back. And what's funnier is what we've heard from Marvel these past years was the notion that Scott's better without Jean and yet all points of avenue for him pointed right back to her. It's too odd to even be remotely ironic.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
    im pretty sure that behind this is emma frost, you know like mastermind.
    She doesn't have her telepathy, so no it's not her.

David Marquez art is amazing. It's really keeping the quality level high.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Quote Originally Posted by UserIDGoesHere View Post
    I can't argue with you about Jean dragging Scott down. You're right that he's been stronger without her. While I've also been a fan of both, I definitely prefer Scott over this version of Jean. Still, I'm writing off most of this version of Jean's bad behavior as "typical teenage girl".
    if anithing scott is the one dragging down any woman that get the misfortune of being associated with him : it happened to jean and it appened to emma
    She sings directly to the sheep, "Oh noble sheep, we eat your babies. We use your brain to fight off rabies, but the most beautiful gift you give us is wool."

Quote Originally Posted by celestialbodies View Post
    Comes with the territory. For Scott to excel some seem to think that Jean must be at fault for HIS own failings when she has always wanted him to open up while he wanted her to be smaller.
    Eh, only if you let it. Like I said, I'm a huge scott fan, but Jean's still easily in my top 10. And anyone who doesn't acknowledge that Scott's worst enemy is Scott hasn't read much of the character.

I believe what you meant to say was Scott has always dragged Jean down, don't let Marvels' revisionist, and skewed version of Jean/Scott's past deceive you Jean has never held Scott back in the ways he's held her back. And what's funnier is what we've heard from Marvel these past years was the notion that Scott's better without Jean and yet all points of avenue for him pointed right back to her. It's too odd to even be remotely ironic.
    I don't think Scott always dragged Jean down, I think there was a time where she liked that he kept her grounded. The problem was that for Jean as of NXM (and before then even), that was far more an annoyance than a comfort.
    Last edited by Whip Whirlwind; 01-10-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    She doesn't have her telepathy, so no it's not her.
    maybe the phoenix change her TP as Magik