Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default POLL: How Do You Feel About A Romance Between Superior Spider-Man and Mary Jane?

Now that you've read the fist issue of Dan Slott's "Superior Spider-Man," how do you feel about a possible romantic relationship between Mary Jane Watson and the new Spidey?

Full article here.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Well, I don't mind a relationship. Just not a romantic one.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Guarantee that a realationship does not develop between them. MJ will realize he is behaving strangely and end it.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

none of Peter's previous love interest should hook up with Spock... except maybe Felicia, she never accepted Peter but now that its Spock she might very well accept him and with her he'll get to do a whole lot more things that he's already used to doing so they would actually compliment each other rather well

Dying Wish goes "Boink" Farmernudie's Avatar

I'm fine with it....IF....Doc Ock tells them who he really is, and then the female is fine with a relationship with him...otherwise...it's basically a dirty old creeper-ish scenario i think. I find Ock like a dirty old man looking at MJ until then.
    Ok....Superior Spider-Man is kinda interesting, i admit....that being said....i miss Peter Parker and that there isn't a "real" spider-man monthly being published

God no. Their are two possibilities either Spock doesn't tell MJ making it so that their relationship is built on deception (and IF they have sex it would be rape by deception/fraud) or Spock does tell MJ and for them to have even a working relationship would require Sins Past level character assassination (except of MJ rather than Gwen).

Now that we know Spock is a boob man, I am expecting him to make a play for She-Hulk next time he sees her.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDracul View Post
    God no. Their are two possibilities either Spock doesn't tell MJ making it so that their relationship is built on deception (and IF they have sex it would be rape by deception/fraud) or Spock does tell MJ and for them to have even a working relationship would require Sins Past level character assassination (except of MJ rather than Gwen).
    Yep. All of this.

Good thing that ghost is around though huh?

Dying Wish goes "Boink" Farmernudie's Avatar

well, i agree pretty much with that assessment.

I don't see a scenario where MJ would EVER be with Doc Ock, unless via means of "sexual fraud"...and it'd just be wrong...unless they want to top Sins Past with "Superior Past"...
    Ok....Superior Spider-Man is kinda interesting, i admit....that being said....i miss Peter Parker and that there isn't a "real" spider-man monthly being published

Exactly! At least there's now the saving grace of Ghost Peter to potentially prevent SpOck from putting the moves on MJ. Although, why Mary Jane can't see that "Peter" is not Peter at this point, let alone is putting up with him behaving like such a pompous ass, is just beyond me.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Now that we know Spock is a boob man, I am expecting him to make a play for She-Hulk next time he sees her.
    Ock must feel really pissed about his luck...he's with a beautiful woman now, but he only has two hands!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Peter is being an ass, sure, but at the same time he's still clearly fighting guys like the Sinister Six. So it's probably harder for MJ to be all, "Oh! There's clearly a supervillain in Peter's body."

Maybe she thinks his Horizon job and all the money he makes is simply going to his head.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Ock must feel really pissed about his luck...he's with a beautiful woman now, but he only has two hands!
    I'm sure he has the tentacles in a box in the bedroom. He just needs to get MJ warmed up with a little anime first.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Seriosly, people, do you even need to ask? In my opinion, I only have 4 words: I'M-GONNA-BE-SICK!!!! And I mean REALLY sick if this really happens; so they better don't make this stupidity or.... And most of the voters share my opinion until now:
    + 561 votes (72,95 %) - No Way!
    + 110 votes (14,3 %) - Perhaps
    + 98 votes (12,74 %) - Yeah

I just can't believe there are a few fools able to think this is a good idea. Have you forgotten what happened to Octopus' last "girlfriend"?!! To the ones who don't remember it, it was Angelina Brancale, A.K.A Stunner.

There's only one interesting fact about this. You see, it seems Spider-Fake is going to give Alpha his powers back (such imbecile!). Considering this, how Octopus turned Angelina into Stunner and the short preview saw of "Superior Spider-Man #2"; I'm just thinking... What if he tries to do something similar to MJ? I mean, having Peter's memories, he can "remember" how Mary Jane temporally became Spiderman's "partner" when she gained spider-powers in "Spider Island". So, considering Ock's tremendous ego, if he wants to have "his perfect mate" from a woman able to defend herself (and not a stupid "damsel in distress"), what if he tries to do something to give Mary Jane spider-powers again? Now that could perfectly fit with this old preview from "Spider Island":

This is the only interesting thing I can imagine here. Everything else... IT'S EXTREMELY GROSS!!!!!!!!

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm sure he has the tentacles in a box in the bedroom. He just needs to get MJ warmed up with a little anime first.
    MJ would take a baseball bat to him Chameleon style!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton