Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Animal Man Omnibus

I'm thinking about Preordering the Grant Morrison Omnibus coming out in July but haven't heard anything at all about this series

You mean to say you haven't heard of one of the greatest comic book runs of all time? There are ample reviews on the internet if you want to find out more, the series is actually quite old. If you like Grant Morrison, order it. If you like great comics, order it. Just order it.

Buy it. It's worth every penny and then some.

BANNED

I hope they collect the whole run. Comixology stops abruptly on this series for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I hope they collect the whole run. Comixology stops abruptly on this series for some reason.
    There is a tpb of Pete Milligan's run and the start of Tom Veitch's run coming out next month.

It's hard to believe that you haven't heard anything about it. The run has been on CBR's top 100 runs lists and probably has had some other articles on here alone.
    Personally, I'm not a fan mostly due to the last issue but even the other issues aren't worth the praise.

But I'm in the small minority, so you most likely will like it.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    There is a tpb of Pete Milligan's run and the start of Tom Veitch's run coming out next month.
    That's the only time where I wish they'd put less in a TPB.

Milligan's run was brilliant - up there with Morrison's - but Tom Veitch's just isn't in the same class. (It's not bad - just a bit mediocre)
    Last edited by dancj; 01-14-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    That's the only time where I widh they'd put less in a TPB.

Milligan's run was brilliant - up there with Morrison's - but Tom Veitch's just isn't in the same class. (It's not bad - just a bit mediocre)
    Haha. True.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I'm thinking about Preordering the Grant Morrison Omnibus coming out in July but haven't heard anything at all about this series
    It's sort of meh to me. The thing is, I didn't find myself caring about the main character or even liking him all that much during the course of it. When something ulimately big happens to him and that has to go fix it, I didn't really care since I didn't feel connected to him. The side and supporting characters I didn't care about since I didn't think they were interesting, developed enough, and or just forgettable. I mean, I could care less about Buddy's family in this comic since there really isn't much to them.

Then there is the villains in this comic. My god Morrison, what the hell? These bad guys are just so laughably bad and so one dimensionly evil, that they felt like parodies of the villains in Walker, Texas Ranger and Captain Planet. There's nothing to these people at all that it was so irritating! Why are they like this? What is their deal? What the hell was up with that hunter in the first arc?

There are things to like here like themes, ideas, thought provoking moments, interesting concepts, etc. However, I just couldn't get past these characters. They sunk this comic for me hard. You'll probably like this though despite the problems. I'm the minority here. Just look at all the posts above me for people who like this series and could point out why its good.

Though I recommend just getting the trades (60 bucks total for 3 volumes at 20 dollars a piece for brand new copies) since you could end up wasting a bit of money if it turns out you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It's sort of meh to me. The thing is, I didn't find myself caring about the main character or even liking him all that much during the course of it. When something ulimately big happens to him and that has to go fix it, I didn't really care since I didn't feel connected to him. The side and supporting characters I didn't care about since I didn't think they were interesting, developed enough, and or just forgettable. I mean, I could care less about Buddy's family in this comic since there really isn't much to them.

Then there is the villains in this comic. My god Morrison, what the hell? These bad guys are just so laughably bad and so one dimensionly evil, that they felt like parodies of the villains in Walker, Texas Ranger and Captain Planet. There's nothing to these people at all that it was so irritating! Why are they like this? What is their deal? What the hell was up with that hunter in the first arc?

There are things to like here like themes, ideas, thought provoking moments, interesting concepts, etc. However, I just couldn't get past these characters. They sunk this comic for me hard. You'll probably like this though despite the problems. I'm the minority here. Just look at all the posts above me for people who like this series and could point out why its good.

Though I recommend just getting the trades (60 bucks total for 3 volumes at 20 dollars a piece for brand new copies) since you could end up wasting a bit of money if it turns out you don't like it.
    So true. Hate the bad guys in this.

I think it's an alright run. There are a few issues that absolutely stand out and are so incredible. Then, there's issues that are okay. I like it enough that I am going to buy it.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Quote Originally Posted by fever00 View Post
    I just want the Delano run collected.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by fever00 View Post
    I just want the Delano run collected.
    Thank you!

Hopefully the upcoming Milligam/Veitch trade sells well, otherwise I don't suspect we'll see them continue collecting *any* of this series...

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Thank you!

Hopefully the upcoming Milligam/Veitch trade sells well, otherwise I don't suspect we'll see them continue collecting *any* of this series...
    I was never a big fan of the Delano stuff (and I do like some of his other work), but didn't he actually introduce the Red as a concept and had that already been part of the Animal Man mythos?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just do it, it's great stuff. I'm actually pulling out my trades and re-reading it this week.