Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    This statement is so wrong I barley know where to start. First he didn't kill Connor out of pride he did it for the same reason Josh set tried to set them up in the first place, because they needed someone to take the fall for the death of Haggaman. That issue wasn't going away until they had a body. So it was to protect Nora who actually killed him. With that if he took him in alive you have to deal with him trying to tell the truth that he didn't do it and if they didn't believe him he was dead anyway. On that same note they didn't make him look like a fool at all he agreed to meet them and was setting them up to kill them but Josh and Nora just happened to be there, which no one had planned at the time the meeting was agreed to, and that gave the numbers advantage to the wolves and caused his back up to run away but wasn't them making him look like a fool. Second he wasn't going to kill Bryn when he killed Connor, if he was he would have, she was about to attack him because he killed her brother and gave her a chance to back down which she did because Nora got involved. The statement that he was going to kill Nora, his best friend's girlfriend, the person all this was done to cover for just makes no sense at all.

The witch is devouring people's souls, I think that qualifies as evil but maybe you and I have different definitions of the term.

As far as Aiden having a drinking problem it's more that he gets depressed when things go bad and he starts over indulging in everything.
    After watching the episode again(i didn't know syfy.com show reruns) youre right. As for the Witch she told them the risk they ignor them so fault on Sally and the way Aidan reacted when they told him they use blood magic so maybe he can help. The devouring souls(one) and finding Ray(i dont get that part) is her way of teaching these kids to respect the balance but hey it's too soon to tell so maybe shes evil or being a witch.

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    They are not bad people they are monsters playing at being human. They care about people but to protect those people that they care about they do monster like things.
    I have a hard time getting in with this line of thought. I wouldn't classify them as evil, but then I would say they are not good people. Aidan has murdered several people for no valid reason(being hungry isn't a good reason, especially since in the first ep of the series he had access to blood bags). I don't think you lose your "bad person" status if you are a killer and just feel bad about it afterwards. They aren't helpless they all had choices and they continue to make bad ones. Maybe if they had to kill in self defense and then felt bad sure, but those aren't the circumstances I'm talking about.

All because they want to believe illusion that they can have normal lives, but the fact is what they are makes that impossible and leads them to the things they do. They are fighting against just going all out on doing terrible things on purpose but they keep trying to have normal relationships and jobs while avoiding thinking about what they are and that leads to situations where things go wrong or they have to do something horrible for a friend.
    Again though they never *have* to do something horrible for a friend..they choose to do something horrible for a friend. That is what separates bad people from good people. A good person might think about killing Ray to cure himself of being a werewolf, but a bad person actually goes through with it. Likewise a good person might be tempted to bring Henry some food so he can heal, but a bad person actually does so and then ends up snapping their necks because they shockingly freak out at the sight of a dude with no skin. We are also 3 seasons in now, everytime they try to fix something by doing something horrible just makes you scratch your head and wonder why they haven't learned their lessons already. I realize this is a tv show and if they became model citizens it would be boring, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrach Fan View Post
    After watching the episode again(i didn't know syfy.com show reruns) youre right. As for the Witch she told them the risk they ignor them so fault on Sally and the way Aidan reacted when they told him they use blood magic so maybe he can help. The devouring souls(one) and finding Ray(i dont get that part) is her way of teaching these kids to respect the balance but hey it's too soon to tell so maybe shes evil or being a witch.
    It's hard to imagine the ghost/soul eating witch isn't evil here. She clearly intended for Sally not to listen to her warnings. If all she cared about was balance she could of been all "No I'm not going to resurrect this crazy ghost, there is a balance". Seems like she cares about power more then balance. Though if she is evil then she fits right in with everyone else. Can you just imagine the scene when the characters find out? "Oh, you are a super evil witch, super evil!". The witch responds "Yeahh..so that heart of a dead guy who died by your hand you brought me, we forgetting about that or did I just hallucinate that entire encounter?". Sally responds with something like "you are still super evil and mean" and then the witch goes to respond, but burps and says "Sorry, that ghost of the guy you killed because you didn't listen to the person who brought you back to friggin life"? Yeah I ate him and dude is giving me heartburn, pass me a tums and then continue!"
    Last edited by Surtur; 03-02-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

You know i just realize that Ray didn't tur into a werewolf when he died was it a writer mistake or it just happens to purbreed? And it looks like Sally gonna be a zombie or just going to die soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I have a hard time getting in with this line of thought. I wouldn't classify them as evil, but then I would say they are not good people. Aidan has murdered several people for no valid reason(being hungry isn't a good reason, especially since in the first ep of the series he had access to blood bags). ...
    Aidan hasn't had access to the blood bags for some time now, since the hospital changed the security for the area he was getting them from. I haven't been paying complete attention to this season, but has the flu bug/vaccine problem/crap-I-can't-just-feed-off-anyone thing been solved for vampires yet?

Quote Originally Posted by G. Wayne View Post
    Aidan hasn't had access to the blood bags for some time now, since the hospital changed the security for the area he was getting them from. I haven't been paying complete attention to this season, but has the flu bug/vaccine problem/crap-I-can't-just-feed-off-anyone thing been solved for vampires yet?
    I know but I'm talking about the very first season of the series, the very first episode..Aidan takes a co-worker home..sleeps with her then kills her by feeding off her. He had access to blood bags and blood dens at the time so he really doesn't have much of an excuse for that killing. She gets turned into a vampire, but not by Aidan.

As for if the flu thing has been resolved, not yet. Why do I get the feeling the bubble boy becoming a vampire might be the key? I'd also still like to know what happened to Mother, is she dead? In hiding? Though I don't know why Aidan doesn't just feed off animals for now. Unless this is a flue both humans and animals can catch.

You know i just realize that Ray didn't tur into a werewolf when he died was it a writer mistake or it just happens to purbreed? And it looks like Sally gonna be a zombie or just going to die soon.
    No it just happens to purebreds. Which is potentially problematic. What if the twins had lived to be 90 and died of old age in the hospital? Suddenly there would be a dead wolf there. Though maybe if they die of natural causes they stay human.
    Last edited by Surtur; 03-03-2013 at 07:19 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Wayne View Post
    I have this weird feeling that the cure for the flu is feeding from a werewolf, or put another way, Aidan is already safe to drink from whoever and has no idea.

It's hard to imagine the ghost/soul eating witch isn't evil here. She clearly intended for Sally not to listen to her warnings. If all she cared about was balance she could of been all "No I'm not going to resurrect this crazy ghost, there is a balance". Seems like she cares about power more then balance. Though if she is evil then she fits right in with everyone else. Can you just imagine the scene when the characters find out? "Oh, you are a super evil witch, super evil!". The witch responds "Yeahh..so that heart of a dead guy who died by your hand you brought me, we forgetting about that or did I just hallucinate that entire encounter?". Sally responds with something like "you are still super evil and mean" and then the witch goes to respond, but burps and says "Sorry, that ghost of the guy you killed because you didn't listen to the person who brought you back to friggin life"? Yeah I ate him and dude is giving me heartburn, pass me a tums and then continue!"
    Oh, she's evil no question. She's probably centuries old and the souls she eats replenish her. But you notice her powers are limited by consent. That why she always makes very specific deals, if they don't think the consequences through that's not her fault.

And as far as asking who is good, uh, the whole point is that they are monsters trying to regain some semblance of humanity. Josh managed it. He can walk away any time and not look back. But walking away is not what Josh does, and for that matter he WANTS the wolf back. There's a part of him that misses it, that's why the hallucination at the bar.

And why is Sally's hair falling out? I don't read up on spoilers, so this is a guess. I bet she has to eat human flesh to maintain her body, that's why she's always hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead_h View Post
    And as far as asking who is good, uh, the whole point is that they are monsters trying to regain some semblance of humanity.
    I know this, but murdering people is counter productive to that. Just because they want their humanity back doesn't make them good. I'm not saying they are pure evil or anything, but even Josh(who is the nicest guy there) is a killer. A person who kills someone else in order to make their life easier just doesn't seem like a good person to me. That wasn't the wolf that killed Ray, it was just Josh. It's ironic that one of Joshes more monstrous acts were not done by his monstrous side.

Josh managed it. He can walk away any time and not look back.
    He managed it by killing another person though. Specifically luring said person out to the woods. That's like one step forward, two steps back to me. It is true Ray then attacked Josh and Nora, but I really can't blame him since they lured him out there and told him they were going to kill him, pointed guns at him, etc. I'd try to kill them too if I were him, especially if I had a child at home.

And why is Sally's hair falling out? I don't read up on spoilers, so this is a guess. I bet she has to eat human flesh to maintain her body, that's why she's always hungry.
    I hope not because this would mean that Sally for some reason forgot to actually ask the witch about the specifics of what she'd been turned into. Hell it is astounding that when first told that it would be bad for Sally to encounter people she knew in life that nobody actually bothered to ask about what that specifically meant.
    Last edited by Surtur; 03-03-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Well hope Rays son doesn't grow up to be a werewolf hunter when he finds out that his dad was killed by one or he takes the role of Tom(UKver.) and be another Vamp hunter that thinks that it was vampires that kill his dad. At first i thought that the cure just make Josh full control of his transformation like Oz in Buffy that only extreme emotions like rage will bring the wolf out, but looking at the preview it looks like Liam will turn him back.

Well hope Rays son doesn't grow up to be a werewolf hunter when he finds out that his dad was killed by one or he takes the role of Tom(UKver.) and be another Vamp hunter that thinks that it was vampires that kill his dad. At first i thought that the cure just make Josh full control of his transformation like Oz in Buffy that only extreme emotions like rage will bring the wolf out, but looking at the preview it looks like Liam will turn him back.
    Yeah and Ray's kid would have every right to seek vengeance. Of course it would probably end with Josh/Npra/Aidan/Sally killing him as well. Then just for good measure they'll probably go hunt down the kids Mom too( might as well reunite the entire family).

I know but I'm talking about the very first season of the series, the very first episode..Aidan takes a co-worker home..sleeps with her then kills her by feeding off her. He had access to blood bags and blood dens at the time so he really doesn't have much of an excuse for that killing. She gets turned into a vampire, but not by Aidan.
    The original show idea for "Being Human" was that it was going to be about three drug addicts (normal humans). I think the recovering drug addict route is where they've went with Aidan. If you've ever known an addict (even one in recovery), they'll often do horrible things to get their next fix.

As for if the flu thing has been resolved, not yet. Why do I get the feeling the bubble boy becoming a vampire might be the key? I'd also still like to know what happened to Mother, is she dead? In hiding? Though I don't know why Aidan doesn't just feed off animals for now. Unless this is a flue both humans and animals can catch.
    I believe Atlee (Amish vamp) said Mother was dead. As for why Aidan and other don't feed on animals, I think it ties back into the addiction thing. Blood of any kind is sustenance. Bagged human blood is slightly tastier. Feeding off a live unwilling victim is like crack to them.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

I don't think Animal blood works as sustenance. It's like Vampire blood, they can drink it but they don't really get anything out of it

Well, it was only a matter of time before Josh was turned again. I just didn't know if it would Liam or Nora somehow accidentally doing it.

Zombie Sally certainly opens up more potential storylines for the character, and it gives her a more parallel thematic arc to Aiden and Josh.

As for Aiden himself, I was surprised to see him get infected. I wonder what the cure entails. I'm pretty sure that Bubble Boy is going to be involved somehow. A blood transfusion maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    The original show idea for "Being Human" was that it was going to be about three drug addicts (normal humans). I think the recovering drug addict route is where they've went with Aidan. If you've ever known an addict (even one in recovery), they'll often do horrible things to get their next fix.
    I get that, but the thing with drug addicts..that is like if I'm a heroin addict and I have bags full of heroin at home, but I choose to kill someone on the street and take their heroin instead.

I believe Atlee (Amish vamp) said Mother was dead. As for why Aidan and other don't feed on animals, I think it ties back into the addiction thing. Blood of any kind is sustenance. Bagged human blood is slightly tastier. Feeding off a live unwilling victim is like crack to them.
    I think he might of said they were "dead or in hiding".

I get that, but the thing with drug addicts..that is like if I'm a heroin addict and I have bags full of heroin at home, but I choose to kill someone on the street and take their heroin instead.
    Not quite. Bagged blood is more like eating MRE's for humans. Feeding live is like eating your favorite food laced with crack. It's been established throughout the series that they can survive off bagged blood but feeding live not only tastes much better but also gives vampires a high.

I think he might of said they were "dead or in hiding".
    I'm pretty sure he said Mother and all the others were dead. Anybody have that ep recorded so we can confirm?
    Last edited by maczero; 03-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

What I don't get about the latest episode is why didn't Sally immediately go visit the witch for help? Ok so first she wanted to check with Nick, but after he told her he wasn't experiencing any problems she should of gone to the witch. I find it funny how Stevie is the only one of the 3 brought back who was smart enough to leave the town he was from, thus getting out of the place you're most likely to kill people you knew. Though at least Nick isn't leaving the house.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Not quite. Bagged blood is more like eating MRE's for human. Feeding live is like eating your favorite food laced with crack. It's been established throughout the series that they can survive off bagged blood but feeding live not only tastes much better but also gives vampires a high.
    Fair enough, but there were also blood dens available at the time too IIRC. Though I get that it was done to give us an example of how addictive live blood can be to vamps.

I'm pretty sure he said Mother and all the others were dead. Anybody have that ep recorded so we can confirm?
    You might be right my memory is a little hazy.
    Last edited by Surtur; 03-05-2013 at 11:31 AM.