View Poll Results: What Is The Best Batman Spinoff?!

Voters
101. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batgirl

14 13.86%
  • Batwoman

39 38.61%
  • Nightwing

34 33.66%
  • Catwoman

4 3.96%
  • Batwing

7 6.93%
  • Birds of Prey

2 1.98%
  • Red Hood & the Outlaws

29 28.71%
  • Other

8 7.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Red Hood and the Outlaws, Nightwing and Batwoman are the ones I follow. Batwoman is the best of the bunch, I love the art and current arc with Wonder Woman is fantastic. Red Hood is fun read, nice mix of characters and interesting moments with all the main cast. Also it has the tie ins to Batman so it adds to those stories as well. Nightwing is ok, I'm probably only reading it because it's Dick Grayson, it also has the tie ins, but it's less exciting than the other two.

Batwoman and RHaTO are the only 2 I can wholeheartedly recommend.

Catwoman

Overtly weird, but dense with Nocenti's usual social commentary, characterization and fantastical Sanodoval art. The heists are smart, funny and on a large scale.

Batwoman

I would say this book has a big heart and takes it's own time to move the action/plot.

Batwoman and RHATO are the only ones worth recommending.

Balls, I voted Red Hood but I should have voted Batwoman.

That's fine though, they each represent what I want to see more of; Bat books that go outside themselves, try to do something different. Not just street level superheroics, but utilize the full expanse of the DCU, and the imaginations of their writers. Gods, magic, science fiction, mysticism...it's all there, and it's all glorious.

A book like Nightwing, or even Batgirl, they're trading on the Batman-space, and that's just utterly bland to me. Especially since, in the case of Nightwing, the character lends himself to a bigger, lighter, more superheroic direction.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Voted Red Hood... and then was shocked to see it and Batwoman are leading the polls.

Dunno how Nightwing is just behind it though, that book has been mediocre at best and utterly terrible at its worst (I'm thinking of the DeFalco issues).

Oh I forgot about Talon. I would have picked that.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Voted Red Hood... and then was shocked to see it and Batwoman are leading the polls.

Dunno how Nightwing is just behind it though, that book has been mediocre at best and utterly terrible at its worst (I'm thinking of the DeFalco issues).
    LOL it might be mediocre, but it is better then the other books.

My top three are:

1. Red Hood and the Outlaws: This is my top Bat book right now because of it's unique feel and the fact that for the most part it's not set in Gotham at all. The team is small but works well together and their adventures are only limited by the imagination of the writer. They've done some street level stuff, been in space and dealt with a mystical cult. It's also a very character driven book.

2. Talon: This is my second favorite Bat book. Calvin Rose (Talon) is a very interesting new character and the world building being done around him has been good. It's a spin-off title from the Court of Owls storyline but instead of it feeling like it's beholden to that it seems to be adding to the Owls mythos in a way that wasn't touched on in the main story. This one is also not set in Gotham for the most part which only adds to my interest in the title.

3. Batwing: This one is my third favorite Bat title. David Zavimbe (Batwing) is a representative of Batman, Inc. who works primarily in the Congo and a very interesting character. Winick, who was the initial writer of the series, has created a firm foundation for him and given him some interesting supporting characters to help him in his fight for justice and Nicieza seems to have taken that and has started to flesh out the characters and setting a bit more.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    LOL it might be mediocre, but it is better then the other books.
    Thats why it got my vote. Its far from spectacular, and can be frustrating, but quite frankly non of the Batfamily books have been spectacular. So while Nightwing might not be spectacular, its not bad (except for the DeFalco issues). Which is more then i can say for a number of the others.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-10-2013 at 10:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post

Dick Grayson has a lot of fans.

I'm surprised the consensus on Red Hood has shifted quite a bit.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 01-10-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Batgirl or Nightwing for me. Batgirl has been good and had Constantine good character development and storytelling. Nightwing, with the exception of the DeFalco fill in issues, has been the same. Both have good art and good leads.

I personally didn't end up reading Batwoman because I couldn't connect with or get invested with the main character; the art is great, and I've heard good things, so of course your mileage may vary.
    "That's the thing about the Phoenix. There always has to be destruction... Before rebirth. " - Scott Summers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I'm surprised the consensus on Red Hood has shifted quite a bit.
    Red Hood may not be loved by many, but its fans are rabid.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

BANNED

Not really.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

RHatO has manage to win itself a bit of cult following, at least vocally. Its a book people seem to either love or hate.

Anyway, here's more polls that might help the OP.

Best of 2012 in Batman Comics

Worst of 2012 in Batman Comics
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-10-2013 at 10:44 AM.