Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Does the wonder woman fan base do anything other than complain.
    I was merely commenting that it was a sad fate and that Diana would have been heartbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    I was merely commenting that it was a sad fate and that Diana would have been heartbroken.
    I agree, Mark, this is a sad fate for Diana. Any Soul Calibur fans here? Kindof reminds me of Sophitia and Pyrrha.

I haven't read the issue, yet, just the spoilers - is it clear whether Fury was taken before or after Diana's death?
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Bored with Post Life Jason456701's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    I agree, Mark, this is a sad fate for Diana. Any Soul Calibur fans here? Kindof reminds me of Sophitia and Pyrrha.

I haven't read the issue, yet, just the spoilers - is it clear whether Fury was taken before or after Diana's death?
    It isn't mentioned in the issue but I would assume she was taken before Diana's death probably during the time Stepenwolf's forces invaded/destroyed Amazon Island.

Jason, thanks for the info. - though it does seem plausible, it also feels a little odd that there was no mention in #1.
    - Longfellow

Jason, thanks for the info. - though it does seem plausible, it also feels a little odd that there was no mention in #1.
    He said he "took" her at an impressionable age and trained her in Apokolyps warfare. This would imply she was a child, as opposed to an adult in this book. So... I guess we're to assume Diana was p*ssed off about that too and she just didn't "think" about it in the issue.

Both Supes and Bats had moments showcasing their family members (yeah, I know, for promotion and such), but Diana doesn't even mention a missing daughter? I know it's not a direct contradiction, but it sounds a little too retro-fitted for my tastes.
    - Longfellow

Both Supes and Bats had moments showcasing their family members (yeah, I know, for promotion and such), but Diana doesn't even mention a missing daughter? I know it's not a direct contradiction, but it sounds a little too retro-fitted for my tastes.
    I thought of that too, actually... but one doesn't just "think up" something like this from one issue to the next. They must've had Fury in the plans and didn't want to give it away early by mentioning her in #1.

I really do hope she comes around later on at some point. When and if she does, she could wear her mom's uniform as a tribute!

What if it's one of those wacky comic stories in which WW didn't know she had a daughter?

But yeah, I agree with your assessment.

The curious one.

I think that was because the only time we saw the three of them they were heavily into the battle and both Superman and Batman had Supergirl and Robin to think about as it was happening.

The curious one.

Another sad thing about it is if all of the amazon's are dead who's going to tell Fury what her mother was truly like?

Judging by their technological level they must have everything about Wonder Woman life stored at Google Cloud.

I think that was because the only time we saw the three of them they were heavily into the battle and both Superman and Batman had Supergirl and Robin to think about as it was happening.
    Sorry, I don't really buy this explanation. For starters, we see them talking BEFORE the fighting starts. Moreover, if Clark can be shown to have concern for Supergirl, even though he has purposefully sent her as far away as he can, I don't see a reason Diana wouldn't think of her missing daughter in a moment like this.

I get that Supergirl and Robin were shown to advertise their own adventures. I even understand that there's no mention of lil' Fury so as to save it for a "shocking reveal" later. I just think it's weak writing in this case (not to be confused with thinking all of the writing on the story has been weak, nor am I suggesting that this can't lead to interesting developments).

eta:
    "... Every Demon I kill ... Revenge for a fallen sister... For Amazons Island."

"All Gone now. My home and my sisters."

"I am Diana, the last Amazon!"

Now, does that really sound like a mother of a kidnapped daughter? I say thee, NAY!

Another sad thing about it is if all of the amazon's are dead who's going to tell Fury what her mother was truly like?
    I like Slvn's suggestion of Flash. But, in a way, she'll be very Superman-ish in that her home and her people are gone before she ever got a chance to know them.
    Last edited by americanwonder; 01-09-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    - Longfellow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Sort of, yeah. Hitler was on one side, and Stalin was on the other.
    Hitler's poison and downfall started with the Battle of Britain; than the fall came at Stalingrad; the allies than finished him off. Not trying to downplay the allies, but I think Hitler was already wobble after the Battle of Britain and Stalingrad. At the end though, we can say it was evil against evil against evil in a way (e.g. Hitler vs Stalin). At that time, the allies did allow some of the less popularized atrocities to take place; if certain things hadn't taken place, Hitler might have been allowed to drive the Gypsies and Africans to extinction and no one would have winked an eye; sorry to inject vitriol, but would that have been the case? Had Hitler not attacked Britain, what on Earth would Hitler have been allowed to get away doing? Although the Jews did face a dark moment here in World War II, everyone has completely wrote a Holocaust of the Christians during World War I out of the record books; it's only a footnote to be noticed by greater research.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 01-09-2013 at 05:51 PM.

The curious one.

Sorry, I don't really buy this explanation. For starters, we see them talking BEFORE the fighting starts. Moreover, if Clark can be shown to have concern for Supergirl, even though he has purposefully sent her as far away as he can, I don't see a reason Diana wouldn't think of her missing daughter in a moment like this.

I get that Supergirl and Robin were shown to advertise their own adventures. I even understand that there's no mention of lil' Fury so as to save it for a "shocking reveal" later. I just think it's weak writing in this case (not to be confused with thinking all of the writing on the story has been weak, nor am I suggesting that this can't lead to interesting developments).

eta:
    "... Every Demon I kill ... Revenge for a fallen sister... For Amazons Island."

"All Gone now. My home and my sisters."

"I am Diana, the last Amazon!"

Now, does that really sound like a mother of a kidnapped daughter? I say thee, NAY!

I like Slvn's suggestion of Flash. But, in a way, she'll be very Superman-ish in that her home and her people are gone before she ever got a chance to know them.
    Maybe Diana thought her daughter dead. If she knew that Stepanwolf had her on Apocolyps she would have figured out a way to get there.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    Hitler's poison and downfall started with the Battle of Britain; than the fall came at Stalingrad; the allies than finished him off. Not trying to downplay the allies, but I think Hitler was already wobble after the Battle of Britain and Stalingrad. At the end though, we can say it was evil against evil against evil in a way (e.g. Hitler vs Stalin). At that time, the allies did allow some of the less popularized atrocities to take place; if certain things hadn't taken place, Hitler might have been allowed to drive the Gypsies and Africans to extinction and no one would have winked an eye; sorry to inject vitriol, but would that have been the case? Had Hitler not attacked Britain, what on Earth would Hitler have been allowed to get away doing? Although the Jews did face a dark moment here in World War II, everyone has completely wrote a Holocaust of the Christians during World War I out of the record books; it's only a footnote to be noticed by greater research.
    When Hitler invaded Russia -one of the top ten mistakes of the 20th century- Stalin basically hid in his house for a few days until members of the government came to him. He expect them to kill him, instead they said "lead us" and he did, though making sure that that everyone else got the blame and he got the credit. He and Hitler were very much alike. If Hitler hadn't gone after Poland I agree he could have gotten away with a lot more. There was no real international press back then, not like there is now.