Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default Bleedingcool: In April, DC Comics Brings Us “Holy Sh!t Month”?

"Blasphemy"? I dunno, Batman and Superman announcing they're better than Jesus?

Oh, joy. DC needlessly reacting to Marvel's temporary rise due to the freshness of Marvel NOW?

Why can't they just concentrate on good, solid stories instead of these flash-in-the-pan gimmicks?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, joy. DC needlessly reacting to Marvel's temporary rise due to the freshness of Marvel NOW?

Why can't they just concentrate on good, solid stories instead of these flash-in-the-pan gimmicks?
    Because nobody buys good, solid stories.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

The DC is so shortsighted. Is this apart of "Villain month"?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    That's just truth in advertising.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

BANNED

Each cover features a villain killing their respective hero nemesis?

My guess is every cover is a pic of the writer looking at the final issue going holy sh!t this isn't what I wrote when I turned in the script...

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

"Holy Sh!t" month? Those comics that month better make me say that at least once or I will not be a happy camper.

Veteran Member

This would explain why they're taking so long to release their solicitations in comparison to last month.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

It's April Fool's month, the covers are just going to be tittilations of things that aren't happening, IMO.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    It's April Fool's month, the covers are just going to be tittilations of things that aren't happening, IMO.
    That's probably it. Some deaths or other wild changes that don't actually take place at all inside.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    That's probably it. Some deaths or other wild changes that don't actually take place at all inside.
    So, par for the course, right? That's what they've been doing for a LONG time.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    No, blasphemy as in "holy shit". Hmm. I should rephrase.

All the covers will be brown!