Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars, #1

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    It does seem odd to me that, if the whole idea is for this series to require *no* knowledge of anything but the movies, it doesn't explain how Vader knows Skywalker's name.
    Aside from Luke probably being a galactic folk hero by now (the Hero of Yavin 4), Imperial Intelligence probably discovered the names of everyone who participated in that battle.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Earl View Post
    Aside from Luke probably being a galactic folk hero by now (the Hero of Yavin 4), Imperial Intelligence probably discovered the names of everyone who participated in that battle.
    Given that they're constantly struggling to find the rebels, I doubt they could find out the names of every pilot from that battle. I suppose it is possible that the Rebels would promote Luke's name and history for propaganda. "Luke Skywalker, from a simple farm on Tattooine, stood up against the Empire and won. AND SO CAN YOU!"
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Given that they're constantly struggling to find the rebels, I doubt they could find out the names of every pilot from that battle.
    Finding the names of the main players involved at a major battle is far more easier than finding out where the rebels have re-established a base of operations. Imperial Intelligence likely had undercover agents scattered from the Core to the Outer Rim out secretly listening for any news about the Rebellion, and if the name "Skywalker" kept coming up in overheard conversations as the one that took out the Death Star...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

It's kind of funny to think that they didn't have any internet in Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    Well, it was a long, long time ago...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Well, it was a long, long time ago...
    In a galaxy far far away...

it's this book good ?
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    They do have some star wars version of the internet, but I don't remember what it was called, have to check in my novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Scurlogg_Hawkk View Post
    it's this book good ?
    It's decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    They do have some star wars version of the internet, but I don't remember what it was called, have to check in my novels.
    Hmm to be honest they seem to be lacking in a lot of entertainment from what i have seen they have live space jazz and bars.

There is the HoloNet, but I think that's actually more along the lines of television (one book I have has a scene where Han is watching breaking news on the HoloNet), and holofeatures.

There are also mentions of hyperspace messages, which is probably equivalent to e-mail.
    Last edited by Michael24; 01-16-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

I watch breaking news on the internet.

Pretty sure the Holonet is a combination internet/cable TV thing for faster then light networking.

BANNED

I am personally in favor of no internet. The imperiial takeover makes more sense in that case.

I've been reading the Star Wars comics in trade paperbacks so I didn't pre-order this. However, when prices jumped up to $40 on eBay I got damn curious as to why everyone was so jazzed for this book. I managed to find a newsstand copy yesterday. I still don't see why it's such a collectors item, but did I enjoy this book. This is Luke and Leia. Han and Chewie. Vader. The characters I grew up with.

This is the kind of story I've always wanted more of. Del Rey's novels have become a plodding mess. (Thankfully, they appear to be heading in the right direction.) This? This was Star Wars. (Could have used a little less narration, though.)

-----------

Question: Where was the digital code? I looked and I don't think the newsstand copies have them.
    Last edited by DonC; 01-20-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Question: Where was the digital code? I looked and I don't think the newsstand copies don't have them.
    not sure the page number, but it was the ad page in the middle of the vader/emperor exchange. an ad for the massive on the front and digital code page on back. peel off sticker just like the marvel books.
    SPACE FOR RENT!