Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

I love this series. Thor and Scarlet Spider are my favorite solo titles by Marvel

This has been a masterful story thus far. Just finished reading the issue, and I CAN'T WAIT for the conclusion. The pacing by Aaron in each issue increased steadily and with much anticipation. Every conversation between characters has a purpose. Everything just makes sense. The characterization has been excellent and quite consistent. I love the banter between Thor and the Librarian of Omnipotence City. At each point in the story when the timeline jumps is fascinating as this whole mystery is beginning to come together. The tragic opening scene of Asgard crumbling while Thor is casually treated as a whipping boy in his old age is quite the visual to behold. The last five or six pages, after Thor leaves the library and heads for Chronux, really got me going. For all the criticism of Gorr's look, the character itself is petrifying. Thanks to Ribic's beautiful, expressive storytelling we're allowed to feel dread through the look on the faces of Gorr's victims. I also love that he appears to be a brilliant madman as opposed to merely a cold-blooded killer. The art is just magnificent. It's like visual poetry in motion. Ribic's lines are well-defined but also well-refined, and Scorcina's colors (much like Dean White) brilliantly illustrate the mood and tone of the story. I was mesmerized in the last scene with Old King Thor crawling to his demise. And that last page of a battle-weary Thor arriving on the scene was "holy shit" worthy. I can't wait for #5. This is, BY FAR, Marvel's best monthly.

I'm just curious as to where both Thor and Gorr are headed. I would think Gorr would be heading to the past, based on Shadrak's testimony of Young Thor apparently doing something damanging enough to Gorr to where he holds a grudge for a few centuries. I think we can assume that Present Thor arrives in the future where his Older Self is getting brutalized. The tension is palpable. I can't wait for the conclusion of this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    SOOOOOO GOOOOOD
    I swear to God the second I get a steady income I am buying this!

Lurkish Member Captain Jibberish's Avatar
    Near Lake Superior. But not in it. It's cold in there.

Best issue yet, the next one can't come soon enough! I agree with those saying this is the best Marvel NOW series at the moment; I trust Hickman to deliver some amazing stories once his Avengers have built up enough steam, Gillen always does good work and I can't wait for his Young Avengers, and Bendis has been delivering some of his best work on All New X-Men since maybe his first Dark Avengers series (still miss Gillen's Uncanny, though!), but Thor God of Thunder has just been amazing right out the gate. The different eras have been a lot of fun, and I can't wait to find out what happens next, now that it seems they are about to be tied together! And that art from Ribic! The best art I've seen in a monthly comic book in a long time, just beautiful. Bring on the next issue!

This was such a mark-out moment for me. I haven't been this wowed at a singular visual in a comic book in a LONG time. I can't freaking wait for #5 for the big showdown.

patience gone in 3, 2... GokaiRed's Avatar

It might be interesting if Gorr tried to go back far enough to destroy the origin point of all gods, thus removing them from existence entirely. Of course, the other Thors would have to stop him. I honestly would love it if all three versions of Thor somehow were able to fight together to stop him.

So far, this is among Marvel's absolute best by a serious margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    agreed. one of my favorite NOW books.
    It's one of the best! I'm loving it and I've never liked Thor before.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Once again, another amazing issue by Aaron and Ribic!!!!
    The last page indeed is a sight to behold!

The D stands for Dennis D. Perez's Avatar

Great issue. Loving this series and one of the best (if not the best) Marvel Now title out there
    In the middle of the night...

So... I really don't like Marvel because of their business practices and having in the past screwed up comics I liked by forcing double-shipping and in turn lowering the comics quality. I decided to try this comic yesterday, and I am annoyed that I am once again going to be buying a Marvel comic.

This comic is ridiculously good, and I am afraid for the time when Marvel starts throwing random fill-in artists and writers at it, as I'm sure they will do at some point. One of the good things about it is that it's self-contained, so I don't have to worry about Marvel's stupid events creeping into it.

The only complaint I have about it is the dumb banner ads on the covers, since I like to take out my comics from time to time and look at covers. Having some big red banners on the covers screws them up in my opinion. Kinda like when DC was advertising the Green Lantern movie on their covers.
    Last edited by wiski; 01-10-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Confused by custom titles

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post

This was such a mark-out moment for me. I haven't been this wowed at a singular visual in a comic book in a LONG time. I can't freaking wait for #5 for the big showdown.
    Olivier Coipel -- wherever you are and whatever you're doing, you need to come back to Thor soon... Esad Ribic and Ivor Svorcina are making us forget that you've been the best Thor artist of the last 20 years... Speaking of Thor artists, it looks like we're going to see Walt Simonson draw an arc of the Hulk with Thor in it: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...-and-thor-too/

Jason Aaron has been a superb fit for this title; I haven't been this excited to read a Thor comic since JMS/Coipel re-launched it and, so far, I'm enjoying this run just as much as I did JMS' run. I have a feeling I'll wind up liking it better when all's said and done.

Amazing issue. Easily the best Marvel Now series imho.

BANNED

IGN called this issue "good" this issue was AMAZING!!

It is astonishing just how bloody brilliant this book is. Everyone is bringing their absolute A game with every single issue. Loved this issue so much; it had violence, plot progression, chartacter development and humor in exactly the right doses, and the art is simply perfect. Well done Aaron and Ribic.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkestKnight View Post
    IGN called this issue "good" this issue was AMAZING!!
    Just another reason to not place much stock in IGN reviews.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame