Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    And SWORDs and MI-13s. Though beating a passive defense system is different than dealing with an active offense.

It creates a larger and larger specter of doubt in the "Wait, if he can do that, why is he holding back/picking on kids at all?" vein.
    As per Gambit, MI-13's security is horrifically fragile on their most heavily guarded installations. There's no reason to assume a possibly-affiliated boarding school had comparable security, let alone superior.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerose View Post
    He will come back as the Omega Sentinel when Juston is about to die.
    Hopefully not, though. Juston might do the impossible and prove himself slightly interesting without the safety net provided by his tired robo-friend meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    It's not a problem for me but I can imagine maybe for certain readers it would completely destroy their suspension of disbelief and be another black mark against this title.
    Eh, it's not that bad a thing compared to the things that strained my SoD. Then again, the first line of the first issue broke mine initially (then it was rebroke by Godmode Arcade after the before scenes recovered it somewhat).

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    As per Gambit, MI-13's security is horrifically fragile on their most heavily guarded installations. There's no reason to assume a possibly-affiliated boarding school had comparable security, let alone superior.
    That reminds me, I really need to pick up some Gambit for that arc alone.

Still, I dislike story arcs that rely on showing the heroes of it or other heroes to be incompetent. Just seems lazy.

Though since at least two were somewhat established, it's not so bad.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

I think that answer will fall under the overall "How is Arcade doing this at all/knows of these kids" umbrella. If he can do one, the other isn't much of a stretch.
    No she was siting with her space suit in the same room as Brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Speculating, but the obvious reason is that she needs to have it on her for story reasons so she can use it on the island. It might seem dumb on SWORDs part, but you could imagine their base is so advanced it had dampers in place that meant her equipment was useless while she was on board.

It's not a problem for me but I can imagine maybe for certain readers it would completely destroy their suspension of disbelief and be another black mark against this title.
    If Arcade would have given her equipment after the teleport like Majin said I would have liked it more.

Hell her in space Prison clothes with nothing but two stones knives fighting X23 Ridick/Drax style would have been cooler.

Arena is still my favorite Marvel Comicbook and this is me just being a little bit nit-picking
    Last edited by Jakerose; 01-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.

No she was siting with her space suit in the same room as Brand.
    Space suit does equate to full equipment out load. Check the scene again, her jetpack is missing. Arcade may have equipped them just before they woke up. Remember, Mettle and Hazmat were naked before they were taken. I think it's even mentioned in #1.

Then again, Nico's staff was outside her body when she appeared.

As far as nitpicks go, there's worse things to complain about them (and I can, at length, as demonstrated).

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

BANNED

I can't imagine Drax would be pissed off. He doesn't even know where Cammi is. He abandoned her like a year ago (in MU time). And Wolverine may not be aware of what's happened to Laura yet. Who knows if the AA staff told anyone right away, or if they are even back from their Christmas break (those slackers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Mind View Post
    Hopefully not, though. Juston might do the impossible and prove himself slightly interesting without the safety net provided by his tired robo-friend meme.
    I wonder if Juston may not end up becoming the new Darkhawk.

I assume the fact that the killer stole Darkhawk's amulet is of some significance. I'm guessing that's why he was brought to the island in the first place.

BANNED

I doubt Dr Pym would need 30 days to find the kids no mater where they are.
    He couldn't find Janet, and he looked for well over 30 days for her. You're giving him TOO much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    He couldn't find Janet, and he looked for well over 30 days for her. You're giving him TOO much credit.
    In his defense, he started from a false lead (heading "up" instead of "down") and found a false hope.

On the only important thing to me on the issue(X-23):
    Hopeless gets it.He truly gets it.

I Loved the issue for evething else aswell.Dat Brand cameo.

Considering that Drax is dead, I doubt theres nothing he can do to save Cammi. I must say though that he did not abandon her. He did try to find her with Moondragon, but got sidetracked when Phyla died and he wanted to be a better father to his daughter. He never totally gave up on Cammi.

Is anybody reading Secret Avengers ?
    Is Pym a Deathlock now ?

BANNED

In his defense, he started from a false lead (heading "up" instead of "down") and found a false hope.
    Not much a defense. lol.

Anyhow, I really liked this issue, but the pacing felt a little off. The Juston portion could have been more clear I think. Cammi's little melt down was amusing though, and it's good to see the stress these kids are being put under. I'm really excited to see Nico and Chase. Also, what the hell happened to Reptil? I figured he'd be with Hazmat and Laura, but I didn't see him.

Theory: The mystery attacker caused Ryker's machine arm to fire at Hazmat.