View Poll Results: WHICH WAS THE BEST COMIC BOOK PUBLISHED BY DC ON 1/9/13?

Voters
47. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Action Comics #15

6 12.77%
  • Animal Man #16

0 0%
  • Batwing #16

1 2.13%
  • Detective Comics #16

8 17.02%
  • Dial H #8

10 21.28%
  • Earth 2 #8

7 14.89%
  • Green Arrow #16

0 0%
  • GL: New Guardians Annual #1

4 8.51%
  • Human Bomb #2

1 2.13%
  • Smallville Season 11 #9

0 0%
  • Stormwatch #16

1 2.13%
  • Swamp Thing #16

3 6.38%
  • The Phantom Stranger #4

3 6.38%
  • Other (Digital, etc.)

3 6.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC Comic book of the week - 1/9/13 Edition

You all know the drill, vote for which DC book you thought was the best this week.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

It's a dead tie between Dial H and Action Comics. Action may actually have been technically better, but I got more 'new' from Dial, and it was completely on point AND hilarious, so I'm giving it the nod.

In order...

Dial H
    Action
    Animal Man
    Phantom Stranger
    Swamp Thing
    New Guardians Annual
    Stormwatch
    Earth 2

Adding in Marvel, you get...

Dial H
    Action
    X Men Legacy
    Animal Man
    Phantom Stranger
    Thor
    Swamp Thing
    New Guardians Annual
    Stormwatch
    Avengers Arena
    Earth 2

Great week.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Really looking forward to Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Stormwatch and Phantom Stranger since JC is involved.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Dial H gets better by the issue. I think it's currently the best of the New 52, bypassing Wonder Woman.

I'll vote for Worlds' Finest #8. Except it's not on the list. So I'll vote for Other.

I dropped Dial H because of the art. I just can't get into a story if I don't like the art.
    Last edited by Yttrium; 01-09-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Current favorites: Claymore, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Justice League, Birds of Prey

BANNED

Action Comics
    Dial H
    Earth-2
    Phantom Stranger (dropped)

Will probably get around to Stormwatch and Detective when the price drops.

Yttrium;16441235]I'll vote for Worlds' Finest #8. Except it's not on the list. So I'll vote for Other
    I would agree with that, good pacing and an enigmatic ending.

Dial H brings us the creepiest new villian of the New 52. And he didn't even have to disfigure himself to do it.
    Same Day: Batgirl, Supergirl, WW, DemonK, JLD, Dial H, Earth 2, SoS
    Maybe Later: Action, GL, Aqua, DCUP, Titans, Firestorm, Animal, Swampy, Batwoman, Worlds F, JL, Flash, PhantomS, BoP, GL: NG

Quote Originally Posted by Yttrium View Post
    I'll vote for Worlds' Finest #8. Except it's not on the list. So I'll vote for Other.

I dropped Dial H because of the art. I just can't get into a story if I don't like the art.
    CRAP! Sorry, I don't know how I missed that. It's on my pull list and everything.

Anyway, I voted for Dial H. I think it was exceptional. Animal Man and Swamp Thing were also good, but the first arc of both was way better. I'm not sure where this Rotworld cross-over is going, but I hope it gets there fast. Earth 2 was good as well, loved the new character reveal. Worlds' Finest I think was ok, but nothing really happened.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman

double post

I'm not voting this week since I have a three way tie for my best book this time around and I can't find anything that would make one title edge out the other two even by a slim margin. Earth 2, Batwing and Worlds' Finest were all very solid reads for me this week. The art in Legends of the Dark Knight was not really appealing to me this go round even though the stories were fun so it comes in second and I didn't even bother to read 'Tec this week as I'm temporarily 'dropping' the title for the time being. (I'm using the word dropping here loosely as it still remains on my pull list and I'll still pick it up for my roommate but I'm not going to be reading it for a bit.)
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

BANNED

I'm going with the New Guardians Annual purely out of the astonishment at how good it was compared to the monthly. It FINALLY felt like a book set in space, not just the wacky adventures of Kyle and the Color Brigade. (Actually not having Kyle as a focus may have helped.) As a backdoor pilot, it also did its job, as I'm really looking forward to Threshold next week now.

Detective Comics, although that's a bit of a cheat. I expect Animal Man and Earth 2 to be great, and this week is no exception. 'Tec gets the nod this week simply because of how much better it is now than at the beginning of it's run. I really love what Layman and Fabok are doing on the title. This issue in particular was a story about Gotham, what's going on in the back alleys while the Joker has everyone else's attention. Batman is almost a secondary character here, which I think is a great use of the title. There's room for a lot of stories in Gotham.

Best comic I read overall this week was the final issue of Sweet Tooth. Such a beautiful, emotional, and fitting end to the series. If you were at all curious or considering picking up the series, I strongly urge you to get the trades. The series is excellent throughout, and the payoff at the end is well worth it.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

This whole week was so good, so all are really close and none were bad by any means.

Phantom Stranger
    Dial H
    Detective Comics
    Swamp Thing
    Animal Man
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

voted for Swampy but frankly i'm getting fed up by Rotworld. thankfully it ends soon.

overall, a really weak week. apart from ST i read Action, Earth 2 and Phantom Stranger. none were particulary good and i downright hated Action... this is the kind of Morrison i don't care for at all.