Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Haha I just viewed it, that was pretty funny. Who is the third person with Slott and Wacker artist?
    The lady? Ellie Pyle. Marvel assistant editor by day. Occasional off-off Broadway actress, playwright or director by night. Novelist by weekend.

Nice first issue, and it will be interesting to see where this leads. I doubt Doc Ock will stay in Peter’s body for a very long time though, as too many fans love PP, and the title will probably start losing readers if nothing happens. As for myself, I’ve got a more laidback view to things; sure I love Peter as a character, but I love good story-telling more.

I also predict that Wolverine will soon pop up in these pages, now that Spider-Man has become more like a light version of this character. It would be interesting to see how the change will affect their relationship.

One minor thing; I’m not sure how American tombstones usually look like, but Otto Octavius’ stone/grave looked like it was very ancient. How could this be, as he just passed away?
    If my words and grammar are not correct, that's because English is not my native language! My English would have been far worse if I hadn't read original comics for decades though!

Enjoyed the first issue, it will be fun to see what Superior Spidey does in the future, how much he f**ks up Pete's life.
    Initially I didn't like the idea of Ryan Stegman, but his art is actually pretty tight. Man what is up with that Ramos variant,- Spidey's torso looks like a giraffe's neck!
    I would like to know whether Peter's still 'in there' or if he's a ghost.

Personally I hope we get at least a years worth of Superior. It would be interesting to know how much leniency there is between Marvel and Slott with regard to sales figures of Superior vs when ASM is brought back. Before Superior#1 since EVERYONE was saying ASM would obviously be back when the next film hits I thought Slott and Marvel might try and keep the new title going beyond then, now I'm thinking it could be April 2014 after all. I mean, 16 months is a good run!
    Last edited by Dangerous; 01-10-2013 at 11:37 AM.

More predictions…

In 50 issues or so, Peter will be back to his own body, and Amazing Spider-Man will be re-started from #701 with Peter as the main character. Otto will turn into some kind of Spider-variant (maybe a Spider-Man with 4 extra arms), and continue Superior, and presto; Marvel has got another Spider-Man title!
    If my words and grammar are not correct, that's because English is not my native language! My English would have been far worse if I hadn't read original comics for decades though!

I enjoyed this week's issue. Was supposed to just try it out but I guess I'll be coming back.

We're all expecting that Peter will try to get his body back but I'm not expecting it to be this soon. Could have waited a few issues or so before Peter reappear again but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindworm View Post
    More predictions…

In 50 issues or so, Peter will be back to his own body, and Amazing Spider-Man will be re-started from #701 with Peter as the main character.
    No chance.

ASM will come back either at #732 or whatever (counting Superior's issues once that title ends), or it will be relaunched with a new #1 (more likely), whose issue numberings will eventually go back to ASM old numbers including Superior's to bring us ASM#800 bang on time in four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    No chance.

ASM will come back either at #732 or whatever (counting Superior's issues once that title ends), or it will be relaunched with a new #1 (more likely), whose issue numberings will eventually go back to ASM old numbers including Superior's to bring us ASM#800 bang on time in four years.
    Maybe, but I find it more likely that Marvel will use the chance of getting yet another book on the market, and that Amazing and Superior will co-exist, at least for some time. I agree that it’s possible with a new #1 Amazing though , and that they will go back to the old numbering in time for #800.

Maybe, but I find it more likely that Marvel will use the chance of getting yet another book on the market, and that Amazing and Superior will co-exist, at least for some time. I agree that it’s possible with a new #1 Amazing though , and that they will go back to the old numbering in time for #800.
    It's definitely possible that Marvel will try to market a "Dark Spidey"-type of book but considering that they already have a success with "Scarlet Spider" more or less filling that void as well as "Venom", I am not so sure. Keep in mind ASM (SSM for now) ships twice a month plus there's Avenging which appears to be playing a more important in-continuity role going forward so this may be enough Spidey for now. I prefer seeing Ock return (after a long rest when this is done) as an archenemy personally.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

One minor thing; I’m not sure how American tombstones usually look like, but Otto Octavius’ stone/grave looked like it was very ancient. How could this be, as he just passed away?
    It's not the first time he died!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    It's definitely possible that Marvel will try to market a "Dark Spidey"-type of book but considering that they already have a success with "Scarlet Spider" more or less filling that void as well as "Venom", I am not so sure. Keep in mind ASM (SSM for now) ships twice a month plus there's Avenging which appears to be playing a more important in-continuity role going forward so this may be enough Spidey for now. I prefer seeing Ock return (after a long rest when this is done) as an archenemy personally.
    Ock's at his best in the white Armani!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Ock's at his best in the white Armani!
    Love that presentation of the character, though how he was presented in this is a favorite of mine, too:

Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Love that presentation of the character, though how he was presented in this is a favorite of mine, too:

I haven't read that one. I'll have to check it out.

I love the Michelinie/Larsen take on the character best. Ock's such a cool customer in their hands!

Quote Originally Posted by MatsN View Post
    The surprise was that the back door was revealed in the very first issue. It would have been more fun if we were kept in the dark for a little while longer.
    But apart from that, a solid adventure.
    That's exactly how I felt. Ghost of Christmas Peter kinda takes the wind out of the sails.
    "When even one American - who has done nothing wrong - is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth - then all Americans are in peril."- Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by MatsN View Post
    The surprise was that the back door was revealed in the very first issue. It would have been more fun if we were kept in the dark for a little while longer.
    But apart from that, a solid adventure.
    Agree and disagree.

The theory at the lcs yesterday was that the reveal was pushed up to appease the anger of the fans. I somewhat doubt the validity of that considering artists and printing would all have had to be changed and rushed etc

Either way, it worked in my case. I was going to give Superior 2 (3 tops) issues before I just wiped my hands clean of Spider-man altogether...Dan Slott said that fans will stick with Superior if they just read the first issue (or something to that effect) and to be honest...Dan hasn't let me down yet.

I do think this Superior Spider-man is hit and miss. Peter Parker is terrible to read...He is such a douchebag. Spider-man...Is freaking awesome. I loved when he beat the tar outta Boomerang saying "This is what happens when you mess with Spider-man!"

But the key to the comics success (imo) is the man behind the mask. We don't need another selfish bad ass. Just read Wolverine if you want some lame tough guy without a care attitude.

I will probably stick this out for a bit longer, but if this goes for over a year...I'll probably drop it. I don't want to read Mad Scientist from the 50's Peter Parker.
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

When has Slott ever backed down from a story arc because of angry fans? He kept Roderick "dead" for nearly fifty issues!