Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Hmm I guess if I had to rate it... maybe 7.5 or 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Altercator View Post
    Btw, anyone getting the Dr Horrible vibe with Spock's goggle, gloves, & labcoat combo?
    Definitely! I got chills when Spock raised his goggles to look Max in the eye. I think Max did too, at that moment.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Definitely! I got chills when Spock raised his goggles to look Max in the eye. I think Max did too, at that moment.
    Max is so going to fire Peter...especially after the beatdown Spider-Man gave Boomerang.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

OK, I have checked "Superior Spider-Man #1" to see if, as Dan Slott said, it really calmed me down against him because of what he did in "Amazing Spider-Man #700". This is my opinion:

I STILL HATE THIS DEEPLY!!! Doc Ock in Peter's body is still repulsive!! Just one issue and this miserable has already broken almost every rule in Spiderman's book. Just one issue, and he already commited almost all the Seven Deadly Sins; sins that we will never see Peter commiting unless there was some "extreme circunstances":
    + Anger: He was so desirous to stop being "a loser" that he released all his wrath on the bad guys and he almost kill them.
    + Lust: In his date with MJ (*gonna be sick*), he ignored completely what Mary Jane told him and only paid attention to her breast. The real Spidey could have his desires, but he would NEVER do something like that; especially with the woman that was once his bride.
    + Gluttony: No sure if it counts like "gluttony", but someone like Peter would have never taken so much vine (or any alcohol) in his normal circunstances. Drinking is for Iron Man or Wolverine.
    + Pride: Spiderman has been always remarkable because of his selflessness, always worrying much more because anyone else before himself. So adding to his character the unbelievable ego of someone like Dr Octopus (which only real worry is himself), completely destroys the greatest hero from Marvel's Universe. Running away from a battle like a coward, leaving the bad guys free to do whatever they want... SPIDEY WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING!!!
    + Greed: Even when he has Peter's identity, he's still obssessed with making his "sucesses" in the name of "Otto Octavius". And even when he has so many things as Peter Parker, it seems he still wants more. More money, more luxuries... etc.
    + Envy: Spiderman had lots of reason to have envy on several people; like Johnny Storm because he was a loved hero while Spiderman was despised thanks to "J Jerk Jameson". However, even he's struggling with himself, is obvious that Doc Ock envies Peter way more than any envy Peter had had in his life. Possibly because, in the end, Peter accomplished way more things than Ock in all his life; just by walking "in the right way".
    + Sloth: Even having the proportional strength of a spider, it seems all those years depending of his mechanical arms has turned him into a sloth unable to move the Living Brain by himself.

And did you see Peter-Fake's clothes in his job at Horizon Labs? He has made Peter look like just like the classical "mad evil genius"!!! Disgusting!!

The only good thing is at the end, when we see Peter is still inside his body, just not in absolute control. I should have figured out that someone like Peter will never "cross to the light" with an imposter taking over his life. If he had done it, he would really have stopped to being "Peter Parker". Let's just hope he will find a way to recover his life in the future... BECAUSE HE HAS TO!!! This is the only good thing I find in "Superior Spider-Man", but everything else is disgusting!! So I'm still mad with Dan Slott because of creating such piece of junk.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    OK, I have checked "Superior Spider-Man #1" to see if, as Dan Slott said, it really calmed me down against him because of what he did in "Amazing Spider-Man #700". This is my opinion:

I STILL HATE THIS DEEPLY!!! Doc Ock in Peter's body is still repulsive!! Just one issue and this miserable has already broken almost every rule in Spiderman's book. Just one issue, and he already commited almost all the Seven Deadly Sins; sins that we will never see Peter commiting unless there was some "extreme circunstances":
    + Anger: He was so desirous to stop being "a loser" that he released all his wrath on the bad guys and he almost kill them.
    + Lust: In his date with MJ (*gonna be sick*), he ignored completely what Mary Jane told him and only paid attention to her breast. The real Spidey could have his desires, but he would NEVER do something like that; especially with the woman that was once his bride.
    + Gluttony: No sure if it counts like "gluttony", but someone like Peter would have never taken so much vine (or any alcohol) in his normal circunstances. Drinking is for Iron Man or Wolverine.
    + Pride: Spiderman has been always remarkable because of his selflessness, always worrying much more because anyone else before himself. So adding to his character the unbelievable ego of someone like Dr Octopus (which only real worry is himself), completely destroys the greatest hero from Marvel's Universe. Running away from a battle like a coward, leaving the bad guys free to do whatever they want... SPIDEY WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING!!!
    + Greed: Even when he has Peter's identity, he's still obssessed with making his "sucesses" in the name of "Otto Octavius". And even when he has so many things as Peter Parker, it seems he still wants more. More money, more luxuries... etc.
    + Envy: Spiderman had lots of reason to have envy on several people; like Johnny Storm because he was a loved hero while Spiderman was despised thanks to "J Jerk Jameson". However, even he's struggling with himself, is obvious that Doc Ock envies Peter way more than any envy Peter had had in his life. Possibly because, in the end, Peter accomplished way more things than Ock in all his life; just by walking "in the right way".
    + Sloth: Even having the proportional strength of a spider, it seems all those years depending of his mechanical arms has turned him into a sloth unable to move the Living Brain by himself.

And did you see Peter-Fake's clothes in his job at Horizon Labs? He has made Peter look like just like the classical "mad evil genius"!!! Disgusting!!

The only good thing is at the end, when we see Peter is still inside his body, just not in absolute control. I should have figured out that someone like Peter will never "cross to the light" with an imposter taking over his life. If he had done it, he would really have stopped to being "Peter Parker". Let's just hope he will find a way to recover his life in the future... BECAUSE HE HAS TO!!! This is the only good thing I find in "Superior Spider-Man", but everything else is disgusting!! So I'm still mad with Dan Slott because of creating such piece of junk.
    I'm not even sure if you're playing a part with all this or not.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I don't know what you mean. I'm only expressing my opinion about how disgusting is this whole stuff named "Superior Spiderman".

I STILL HATE THIS DEEPLY!!! Doc Ock in Peter's body is still repulsive!!
    Umm...yeah, I don't think we're supposed to actually like the guy.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Umm...yeah, I don't think we're supposed to actually like the guy.
    Are we suppose to buy a book staring a guy we don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by bskell View Post
    If the stories are interesting, why not?

Of course it's up to the individual what they like, or what they choose to spend money on, but personally I find this a very interesting departure from the usual kind of Spidey stories.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 01-10-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Confused by custom titles

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I feel much better about the concept now. This issue was a X1000 times better than ASM 700 in terms of concept and execution (yes, that's hyperbole). And it does more justice to Peter in one panel than ASM 700 did in 50+ pages.
    I don't often post on the Spidey threads, even though I've been reading ASM for years now, but when the whole Otto as Peter story arc emerged, I wasn't that worried because I felt that this was Slott's way of expanding on Peter as a character and person.

To elaborate: since Slott's run, we've had Peter go from being a photographer/occasional substitute teacher who's always down on his luck to a successful scientist and a member of not only the Avengers but also the Future Foundation. I felt that this was important because it seemed like after 50 years, he needed to move forward from that place in his life.

Now that we've explored that part of Peter (the professional part), I think Slott's exploring the core of who Peter is -- the hero -- and he's using this device (freaky Friday starring Otto Octavius) to juxtapose how a similarly-gifted individual would fare without Pete's moral compass. We're basically being told that only Peter would make the specific sacrifices he's made to live up to Uncle Ben's credo.

Also, just to be practical, I always felt that it would be a cold day in hell if Marvel just decided to off Peter Parker permanently. Now that the cat's out of the bag, we're a Doctor Strange (recently re-elevated to Sorcerer Supreme) spell from Pete's consciousness booting Otto's out.

Speaking of Otto's consciousness, it wouldn't surprise me if Otto used his time at Horizon to clone/grow himself a younger, better version of his old body and transfer himself there. So a story along that line, with Peter somehow involved in the process would also work for me in place of Doc Strange magic.

As a side note, I felt that the scene in (ASM700) that Pete had with Uncle Ben was pretty emotional (at least it was for me) but it's not surprising that he was "sent back."
    Last edited by jpbl1976; 01-10-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I don't know what you mean. I'm only expressing my opinion about how disgusting is this whole stuff named "Superior Spiderman".
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances...

- William Shakespeare

Titles don't have to reflect the opinions of the writers about the characters. See "The Great McGinty."
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think there was a Simpsons joke about a burning robot with pain receptors.
    That was it! Whew, finally off my mind now.

Quote Originally Posted by bskell View Post
    Sure, why not? I watch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and there's not one redeeming character on that show, but it's hilarious.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    That was it! Whew, finally off my mind now.
    lol sorry. I could have helped you with that had i read your original post. "Why?! Why was I programmed to Feel Pain?"

here is the 8 second clip:

lol, its a classic.