Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

I suppose it will be either Tanner or his new best friend that bites it...and I'd be perfectly ok with that since I don't think Tanner is that great a villain (swords are fine, ambition is fine...but the power that everyone automatically believes him save in the face of solid evidence is only making everyone else look stupid). And the other one...has lost the initial appeal.

I am interested in seeing if and who will now get drafted into this little civil war.

Indeed I have always seen Tanner as a crappier version of Tao.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BANNED

Conceptually, he's a very cool character. Cornell squandered the potential there, which is why his Stormwatch was by far the most frustrating book of the New 52. Milligan didn't do much to improve it either.

I am interested in seeing if and who will now get drafted into this little civil war.
    My only concern with that is with the current writer it won't be as cool as it could be. Don't get me wrong I do like the writer , but I don't think this is his best work
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    While if they kill off Jenny it could open up them introducing Elijah Snow
    Or Jackson King/Battalion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Well, that was an interesting twist.

We all know that Harry Tanner was the one disguised as a Shadow Lord to frame Midnighter (Just because he hates him), the thing is that another member from Stormwatch betrays the team and it was'nt who you would expect.
    It was exactly who I was expecting...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    It was exactly who I was expecting...
    Yes, to recap this issue in a single word: predictable; Jack continues to be wallpaper.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

To further confirm that Starlin will be shuffling off the actual Authority/Stormwatch crew in favor of his own pet characters, he recently said on his facebook page that a cover he just drew with Midnighter, Apollo, Jenny and Harry collapsed before an Anti-Monitor style villain would be " the one and only time [he] will be drawing these particular characters." Despite the fact that he is working on the covers of future issues of the series.

In a way, it's exciting, because he certainly wouldn't have been able to capture the modern tone and personalities of that group. In another it's a bit sad that he won't even try to stretch himself.

Either way, this book looks to be getting a revamp so conclusive that it will be almost unrecgonizable, with the Weird, Eye, and probably Lobo.

Guys I'd like to see take on the inevitable "Authority" relaunch:

Joshua Hale Fialkov
    Andy Diggle
    Nick Spencer
    JMS (based on Supreme Power)
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    To further confirm that Starlin will be shuffling off the actual Authority/Stormwatch crew in favor of his own pet characters, he recently said on his facebook page that a cover he just drew with Midnighter, Apollo, Jenny and Harry collapsed before an Anti-Monitor style villain would be " the one and only time [he] will be drawing these particular characters." Despite the fact that he is working on the covers of future issues of the series.

In a way, it's exciting, because he certainly wouldn't have been able to capture the modern tone and personalities of that group. In another it's a bit sad that he won't even try to stretch himself.

Either way, this book looks to be getting a revamp so conclusive that it will be almost unrecgonizable, with the Weird, Eye, and probably Lobo.

Guys I'd like to see take on the inevitable "Authority" relaunch:

Joshua Hale Fialkov
    Andy Diggle
    Nick Spencer
    JMS (based on Supreme Power)
    Yeah, I hope one of Fialkov's rumoured projects is an Authority book.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Yeah, I hope one of Fialkov's rumoured projects is an Authority book.
    I'd be down with that, or perhaps they could bring in DnA?
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO

DnA already had a run, and it was underwhelming.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Yeah, there's plenty, newer voices DC have access to for an Authority book.

What it really needs is someone ready to push boundaries again and give it a solid mix of brutal edginess backed up with good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    DnA already had a run, and it was underwhelming.
    Hmm I never read that run so it completely slipped my mind they already had a chance with this team.

Oh well, hope DC gives the chance to one of their talented up and comers.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Why do I get this feeling that pretty much all the Wildstorm stuff that got introduced into the nu52 has died? Really, all thats left is Ravagers with Warblade there and Team 7. But Stormwatch sounds like its being made a completely different creature with different characters there. Grifter and Voodoo are shortly going. Only rarely seen the Daemonites now and they were hyping the Daemonites as this big threat in the beginning and its now been ages since they are even seen. At least, seen in a good sense... read the Superman Annual for the Daemonites and got really disappointed with it
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    Why do I get this feeling that pretty much all the Wildstorm stuff that got introduced into the nu52 has died? Really, all thats left is Ravagers with Warblade there and Team 7. But Stormwatch sounds like its being made a completely different creature with different characters there. Grifter and Voodoo are shortly going. Only rarely seen the Daemonites now and they were hyping the Daemonites as this big threat in the beginning and its now been ages since they are even seen. At least, seen in a good sense... read the Superman Annual for the Daemonites and got really disappointed with it
    yeah, I am of the same mind about this. now sure why its the case, but I do like Jack Hawksmoor, Midnighter, and Appollo.