Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Mephisto Vs The Daleks

Those damn Daleks have been messing around with portals and wormholes again!

On this occasion, a portal has been opened to Mephisto's realm, and a scout sent to stealthily investigate it. Luckily, old Mephy hadn't noticed, as he was too busy busting out remote threats to a distant galaxy.

Anyway, as you would expect, the scout has established that you don't just attack Mephisto in his realm without some serious prep. So, the Daleks temporarily close the wormhole and use their resources to prep as best they can for a full-on assault of Mephisto's realm. Time isn't really a factor when you're a Dalek, so they take as long as they need and prep to the best of their abilities.

And then the attack is launched; The wormhole is reopened and they pour in.

Can the Daleks take down Mephisto in his own realm?

Edit: Just realised I gave no reason whatsoever as to why the Daleks would want or need to make this attack. So the reason is simply because they're Daleks.
    Last edited by KJ Stewart; 01-09-2013 at 03:34 AM.

BANNED

Do the Daleks have access to the Reality Bomb?

Anyway, in his own realm Mephisto can tussle with Galactus if I'm remembering things correctly.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

I haven't watched much Dr. Who so I'm not 100% sure, but my first instinct is to say no. I can't remember if Mephisto has a soul rip, but from what I've seen he has pretty decent reality warping on a planetary to possibly-multiversal level. I know the Daleks at their best have been able to laugh at time war-related retconning of reality, but I'm not sure if that would help them against a mystical rewrite. (Of course, I seem to recall the Whoverse having witches and such scattered here and there, so the Daleks might have decent defenses against that anyway.)

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

F-ing with Mephisto in his own realm seems like really bad idea, and something that the Daleks would probably just not do. He's got some pretty good reality warping feats in his own realm, so he should just be able to, I dunno, put stairs everywhere? :-)

I could see him doing that and disabling their rockets just for fun.

For reality warping OUTSIDE of his realm, there is the whole OMD/BND nonsense from Spider-Man (making the entire universe forget Peter is Spider-Man and going firther, making it damn near impossible for them to figure it out even in the face of absolute evidence), the crazy crap he tried against the Beyonder in SW2, et. al. He's got abilities that should just place him past "Dalek" level, from what I've seen. I admit, though, that I have only seen a smattering of post-5th Doctor episodes, and I understand that they are SIGNIFICANTLY more badass since.

Well the newer versions can fly/hover so I don't see the stairs being an issue anymore. However as much technology you want winging at Mephisto, he is still in his realm of power. Against the Cybermen sure one Dalek could take many; against a demonic presence of this sort I'd figure the Doctor's tech skills would be better here then the Daleks. It would boil down to the potential use of the Reality Bomb and Mephisto countering it; I think he has a slighter edge in reality manipulation then them however due to more experience. He might just toy with them make them think they won, and then with a whisper no more Daleks.
    "Try to Remember. It's Only a Game!"

I think Mephisto is a bit much even for the daleks. I think the best they could do is flee. Unless you're spotting them the reality bomb, but that involved like..plucking various planets out of time and space. Which I guess they could still do with prep. So it would basically be the reality bomb or a loss.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-09-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

The only remotely comparable example I can think is is from the First Doctor which is hardly relevant anymore but the Doctor and the Daleks somehow moved into a dimension where supernatural entities were real. It was actually a realm where all human dreams and fears became reality and the daleks couldn't have any effect on such entities or intellectually cope with the sheer illogic of the realm. They got absolutely stomped. I know they've come a long way since then.

BANNED

Still curious about whether the Daleks have the Reality Bomb but that would probably turn the match into a stalemate. In that, both sides die.

Screw the rules I have $$ Seto Kaiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Man View Post
    Do the Daleks have access to the Reality Bomb?

Anyway, in his own realm Mephisto can tussle with Galactus if I'm remembering things correctly.
    Thought that as long as they stayed in the Crucible that they would be safe from the effects of the bomb?

Without it I don't think they have much of a chance attacking Mephisto in his own realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    I haven't watched much Dr. Who so I'm not 100% sure, but my first instinct is to say no. I can't remember if Mephisto has a soul rip, but from what I've seen he has pretty decent reality warping on a planetary to possibly-multiversal level. I know the Daleks at their best have been able to laugh at time war-related retconning of reality, but I'm not sure if that would help them against a mystical rewrite. (Of course, I seem to recall the Whoverse having witches and such scattered here and there, so the Daleks might have decent defenses against that anyway.)
    Thing about the Time Lock on the Time War was that it was less to hold the Daleks and more to hold the other Time Lords. It's not a rewrite of reality, it was more of a prison sentence. It's hard to explain exactly.

BANNED

Still curious about whether the Daleks have the Reality Bomb but that would probably turn the match into a stalemate. In that, both sides die.
    They have prep. The answer is in the opening post. They have access to whatever they normally have access to with prep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Thought that as long as they stayed in the Crucible that they would be safe from the effects of the bomb?

Without it I don't think they have much of a chance attacking Mephisto in his own realm.
    Not sure if they would have access to the Crucible in Mephisto's realm either.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    They have prep. The answer is in the opening post. They have access to whatever they normally have access to with prep.
    Well, I don't think the Reality Bomb or the Crucible would be standard stuff they could get in Mephisto's realm.

Unless I'm missing something.
    Last edited by Gram; 01-09-2013 at 02:41 PM.

BANNED

Well, I don't think the Reality Bomb and the Crucible would be standard stuff they could get in Mephisto's realm.
    The prepping does not take place in Mephisto's realm.

BANNED

Ah, well if they prepare before they enter it then sure.

Seeing as Davros was they only way the Daleks knew how to make the Reality Bomb, and he's not a Dalek even though he made them (He's considered an enemy by a large faction of Daleks simply for BEING Non-Dalek), I'm don't think that would count.

Even so, All Mephisto needs to do is move one planet and the delicate Reality Bomb alignment is shattered, so using the Reality Bomb against a competent Reality Warper is pretty useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

BANNED

They could probably get to Davros if they have access to indefinite prep-time.

However, the reality warping would be tricky. Not sure if the Daleks have anything to counter that.