Default Cavalier (Nedor Comics)

Anyone has heard of this character from Nedor Comics? So far I have contradicting data... in one he is a mid 20th century swashbuckler that has a portrait that tells him the future.... In another he is an undescribed hero from an alternate-realtiy version of the Justice League called "Smash" that for 30 years stays frozen in time... I am more interested in the later... What are his powers? his abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbat View Post
    Anyone has heard of this character from Nedor Comics? So far I have contradicting data... in one he is a mid 20th century swashbuckler that has a portrait that tells him the future.... In another he is an undescribed hero from an alternate-realtiy version of the Justice League called "Smash" that for 30 years stays frozen in time... I am more interested in the later... What are his powers? his abilities?
    They're both the same character, sort of. The latter is part of Alan Moore's ABC comics and his take on the "Flash of Two Worlds" and JLA-JSA team-ups where he has Tom Strong meet his GA counterpart, in this case the Nedor character Doc Strange. The two join forces to rescue the other Nedor heroes who had been captured which includes the Cavalier. As such, he is presumably still a non-powered hero, talented with a gun and rapier but around middle-age and packed a few pounds. And, being part of an Alan Moore-verse, there's probably a kink or two in his sexual closet.

The original, I'll just copy the info from my GA Heroes site: Cavalier: 1946, Thrilling #53 (Better). When the Duc De Chantrey's portrait frowns, curio shop owner Rance Raleigh knows trouble is afoot and he dresses as a French cavalier (in homage to the Duke) to fight crime. He's helped by Brooklyn friend Rocky. He's not averse to using a gun in addition to his foil.

So, the portrait doesn't tell the future and doesn't really converse at all, more of just a warning signal that something about is rotten.

Thanks! That solves the mystery then :D