Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Supreme #68: Do things get better?

Since my comic shop hasn't ordered it, I'm wondering if things get better by the conclusion of Supreme #68. I kind of hated the destruction of the Supremacy and all of the stuff that--in my view--made Supreme cool and interesting in the first place, but I've been hoping that that was really just part of a story arc that would see it all restored in the end. Since most people will see this Wednesday, I figured I'd post now and ask what people thought of it.

The issue ends on a cliffhanger, with very little resolved. Plus, for some reason it was a regular-sized issue, and not the 80 page giant that had been promised.I am a HUGE fan of Erik Larsen, so I was very disappointed by Supreme #68.

Whoa. Well, that's unexpected. Then again, Moore's last issue also ended on a cliffhanger, so perhaps that's intentional for whoever next picks up the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    Whoa. Well, that's unexpected. Then again, Moore's last issue also ended on a cliffhanger, so perhaps that's intentional for whoever next picks up the ball?
    That is pretty much the case.

As for why no 80 pages. Supreme was just not getting the sales (it deserved) and it was just not economically practical to go all out on a final issue. The 80 page thing was planned late (after 68 was solicited I think) so reverting back to its original size wasn't that big of a deal.

Except that this great series was ended. I already miss it.

Has anyone heard any news about who will be taking over Supreme?

Quote Originally Posted by bh123 View Post
    Has anyone heard any news about who will be taking over Supreme?
    No one. Its basically been cancelled due to low sales. Maybe someday.

I gather there was some suggestion that the Supremacy might not have been truly destroyed after all?

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    No one. Its basically been cancelled due to low sales. Maybe someday.
    Liefeld has said it's not being cancelled, he just hasn't named who's taking over the book after
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

I gather there was some suggestion that the Supremacy might not have been truly destroyed after all?
    The Supremacy was never conclusively destroyed, you just jerked your knee to fast to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    The Supremacy was never conclusively destroyed, you just jerked your knee to fast to accept that.
    No need to be rude, dude.

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

I hope they do keep publishing this book,ive always liked it.

Im more a original Superme fan,but i would love it if they found away to get back to the Supermecy,hopefully its still active.
    "Mean" Supreme,which i dont like calling him that,but it was cool to have him be out in space,actually where he was at the beginnijg of his original run,and leaving the powerless Supremes free to find away to stop him.

If they find away into a Supremecy is there a way for them to get their powers back?
    And if they are still in existence,shouldnt there NOT be powered dopplegangers of them there?

I really do hope we have a full on leifield/moore mix in the next emergence of this book,i want to see Supermes in the Supremecy,but also the one Supreme that doesnt fit,the one that operates seperate of them still around too,and maybe being in conflict,or working together.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

Oh and where is corey H. ,i missed his art in this issue?
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    If they find away into a Supremecy is there a way for them to get their powers back?
    And if they are still in existence,shouldnt there NOT be powered dopplegangers of them there?
    Unless these are, themselves, variations in their own right--to go along with Golden Age Supreme, grim 80s Supreme and so on, they could be 2010s metafictional self-referential commentary Supremes... since arguably this new 2012-13 series was itself another reboot, and therefore another set of variant Supremes to add to the Supremacy! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Oh and where is corey H. ,i missed his art in this issue?
    Due to how far behind the series was starting to fall, Erik decided in the interest of getting it done he'd just do the last issue. I actually kinda liked there was an issue that was all Cory and an issue that is all Erik. I also really like what Erik did artistically this issue.

SPOILERS....

You've been warned!!!

First, "New Supreme" is going to be a Daddy! His girlfriend is shown sitting next to unconscious Suprema, saying that she remembers more and more each day the old life (she doesn't know why) and she might not be certain of everything, but she's certain she's carrying Supreme's baby!

Second, Darius Duck has given each of Team Supreme a device that sucks power out of an individual and puts it into the device, thereby empowering the one using the device. The theory is, taken together, they could each suck off his power and reclaim some of their own..... Mouse Supreme notes, however, that if they actually tried to take on Mean Supreme, they'd be dead too quickly to use it.

New Supreme has some "wham bam" fun with his alternative universe self, African American Woman Supreme. That's a new spin on "playing with yourself!"

There IS a discussion about getting to the moon and the possibility of a whole different Supremacy out there -- chaosmastr. It WAS confusing as to whether this might be the case, and Larsen has all be said it's likely.

Finally, Mean/Jerk Supreme continues to just suck. He is attacked by a bad guy who says Supreme killed his Daddy. So, Supreme decides in response to kill that guy AND HIS ENTIRE PLANET!