View Poll Results: how do u rate cosmic marvel as a whole?

Voters
13. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • best thing marvels ever done

3 23.08%
  • great

6 46.15%
  • good

3 23.08%
  • not bad

0 0%
  • below standard

1 7.69%
  • bad

0 0%
  • worst thing marvels ever done

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    Thank Jesus!

spoilers:
    I mean, I really wanted to love the badass gay Space Paladin and all, but

there's only so much being-written-all-over-the-gatdamn-place-for-the-sake-of-plot-contrivances that I can take.

The woman has been both Captain Marvel and Quasar, for jeez's sake. She shouldn't be jerked around in such a way.
    end of spoilers
    It's okay.

spoilers:
    DnA tends to kill the lesbians
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Honestly, I hate it too actually. They keep tossing characters that have been relatively easy to follow into everything lately. It used to be that to follow Cap you needed only a couple books a month. Now, he's in five or six a month...on a slow month.

Keeping tabs on all of the Avengers has become an impossibility over the past decade.
    Which is why I keep encouraging people to buy the smaller books so you don't have to jump all over the place! Cap is in 4 Ongoings currently!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's okay.

spoilers:
    DnA tends to kill the lesbians
    end of spoilers
    Oh, I knew about that from Thanos Imperative.

spoilers:
    One of the last things I read was when Phyla underwent that power-change to thrust her into the Thanos arc: the amount of time dedicated to the quantum bands being returned to Old Quasar so that gushing could be done over Wendell "I've been in series with Richard Rider and Star Brand and was still the whitest bread there" Vaughn was a pretty big turnoff
    end of spoilers

When Thanos is involved, it's one of the few things I read from Marvel. And only because they've gone digital.

They screwed up with Doom, constantly being a pansy who needs assistance extricating himself from threats which he should be fully prepared for. So FF is out, for me, even when they go cosmic.
    Not only DAT, but also dis, dat, and de oder ding dere.

All events were exceptional. Annihilation, Thanos Saga, War of Kings, Infinity Gauntlet and many others

Surfer, Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy, Warlock and many others have had great runs. Honestly, who does not read the part cosmic loses much good content.

I've read Infinity War, Infinity Crusade and Operation Galactic Storm which i really enjoyed but Infinity Gauntlet was by far my favourite, I absolutely loved that.

I have the three Annihilation books there that i have yet to read but i have seen nothing but good things said about them. When i read them i'll see if i decide to get anything after that.

Sticking with just the main cosmic stuff spun out of the first Annihilation event, it is my favorite consistent period of Marvel. While not perfect it handled the idea of a shared universe better then pretty much every other corner of Marvel during that period.

But as a whole Marvel cosmic actually expands beyond the Giffen/DnA long running stories during that period, because Marvel did also release other books like Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, the Sh'iar and X-Men stuff and a few others during that period. Some of those (especially Beta Ray Bill's second mini) were great but they also ranged between that to mediocre. But even at its lowest on whole, the Marvel cosmic landscape has been great and time will tell if this new "Push" will be able to match or top what has come before it.

Very good to great for the stuff from DnA and Giffen, mostly good for the other writers involved.

great looks like most ppl seem to really like it.....