Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default ANDY DIGGLE To Sync 'Bright & Optimistic' ACTION with DCU

Here's the interview.............

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/andy...ptimistic.html

Well I'm sold

I want to give Tony Daniel's artwork room to breathe

I hope this doesn't mean we're in for some big decompression.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

BANNED

There are rumors Diggle was going to be replaced without having started his run, but I hope the fact that this interview is so recent signals otherwise.

This sounds pretty good. I'll be interested in Luthor's backstory. I like we're getting a more classic, sci-fi 2000 AD approach.

Okay. Seems solid. Just don't forget he has a brain, Mr Diggle. Bright and optimistic is fine but a bit slow on the uptake and naive for the sake of it is not a Superman I really am interested in. The oh Gosh Lois Superman is so outdated. Thankfully we will never see that again. Grant and Scott gave him smarts and shrewdness and well as some spine. I don't want to read a reactive but proactive Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    There are rumors Diggle was going to be replaced without having started his run, but I hope the fact that this interview is so recent signals otherwise.
    To be honest, I don't think readers are excited about the new AC team, and I don't think even Andy is excited about this. It's like when he's asked about it, he gives this "well yeah, I mean they asked me to do this project. I had no work going on.... Who knows? It could be fun. But yeah.... IM REALLY excited about doing this, I've got..... these BIG EPIC IDEAS for the story? ... Did that sound convincing?" feeling

Knowing their sales for Superman would be coming from MOS, DC probably didn't feel like they needed a AAA creative team follow up to Grant leaving AC.

I could be completely wrong though. This book could be awesome, Andy could be extremely enthusiastic about the project as well
    Last edited by HXHAlex; 01-08-2013 at 04:44 PM.

This sounds cool, I like that the first 3 issues will be focused on Lex Luthor. Especially since Scott Lobdell was saying all 4 titles are going to crossover at like issue 21 for some Krypton crossover. And looking for to Diggle's take on Wonder Woman since it sounds like it he will finally keep her in continuity with her current run in the new 52 unlike how Geoff Johns is doing(not hating on Geoff at all, just it's plain obvious they are ignoring the stuff that happens in that series.)
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

A bright and optimistic Superman sounds great. Exactly what I've been wanting from him. Glad he's getting away from the current Superman that seems to be inspired by Superman Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    You have to be kidding me. Where did you hear these rumors?

One year ago, eh? Makes me wonder if the reason the old Superman #13 storyline was changed is because they decided to pass that story, and the origin of the scars, on to Diggle and Action.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

You ever notice all these guys say the same exact thing. If I've heard it once I've heard it a thousand times. I respect the past, I love the character. Enough, just give me a good Superman story and stop telling me what your going to do and just do it.

Very much looking forward to this run, the promo art has looked great and I think I will like Diggle's writing here. I hope it delivers! I am also really glad that they are sticking with stories in Superman's New 52 past, as I think that's a great way to differentiate Action Comics from Superman. Can't wait to see Superman vs Lex.

I love Diggle's writing and can't wait to see more of his Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    You ever notice all these guys say the same exact thing. If I've heard it once I've heard it a thousand times. I respect the past, I love the character. Enough, just give me a good Superman story and stop telling me what your going to do and just do it.
    Lol but it's an interview Lex.....they are being asked to tell you...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Yeah, it's like a broken record. And then they don't read anything older than Alan Moore. If they were talking Siegel or Maggin or Weisinger, then I'd be interested. Otherwise...zzzzzz.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

The answers are the same because the questions are the same. There's only so many questions that can be asked when a new writer takes over a title, and likewise only so many answers one can give.