Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Franklin is good, but he's not "has offensive power surpassing multi-verse busting" good. Frankly you could assemble a team of 10 universal cosmics..it won't work.
    Actually, unless I'm mistaken, last time someone discussed the feat it was brought up that the explosion only threatened three universes.

So that would be plenty, if both my memories and what I heard are correct.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Actually, unless I'm mistaken, last time someone discussed the feat it was brought up that the explosion only threatened three universes.

So that would be plenty, if both my memories and what I heard are correct.
    Nope. The explosion threatened all of creation-- which at minimum in Vertigo would include the universe, heaven and hell, the Dreaming, the other Endless Dimensions, etc., before you get into the alternate time-lines and all that which usually compose a multiverse. And Lucifer confirmed that the cosmos created from his unleashing those forces in the void was itself a multiverse

I like Harry a lot, but Dresden is so far out of his depth here it isn't even funny. He literally can't contribute a single thing besides snarky commentary. He could perform the darkhallow ritual, then maybe try to steal power from beings like Mab and it still wouldn't be enough. He could power jack every single faerie queen and it wouldn't do a thing. I'm not saying being empowered by the darkhallow would let you power jack, but I'm just giving you an example of how out of his depth he is. Harry circa the latest book was feeling out of his depth and the forces he was up against were nothing compared to Lucifer. You could make a composite being of every single character to appear in the Dresden-verse, it still won't be enough.
    I'd leave the Doctor idea to someone else to analyze more in depth. It was more an observation that that team, by theory only, would be producing ideas the likes not really considered to a being of magnitude as Lucifer.

Dresden on the other hand I agree concurrently with your assessment. Of course that is why is not just him alone here. I'd suggested doubt with them taking him in the first scenario completely. With the second giving the team prep however those are heavy hitters of occult professions that have at least tangled with things along the sidelines of Lucifer if not out and out flipped him the bird ala Constantine depending on if the identification of the First of the Fallen is greater or less then Lucifer himself. I'd give that team a fair better shot then if it was Harry alone true enough. If anything Aaron is the weak link but I was establishing sources of information that might not be in the fieldwork of the others on the team; The Talamasca by the sheer process of watching and analyzing data of this sort of threat would at most be able to piece together some idea of what to try if not something that would work.

I'd say David could always sub out instead for Lestat but considering what the entity known as Memnoch..who was the Devil at least in that novel/universe...was able to do with him I doubt it would be much help at all.

Spot of an idea though from this train of thought? How about the Saint of Killers and his guns?
    "Try to Remember. It's Only a Game!"

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by vycesyn View Post
    Spot of an idea though from this train of thought? How about the Saint of Killers and his guns?
    As I recall, his guns couldn't so much as kill Cassidy.

Edit: Though that might be a low showing, I suppose.

Either way, there's nothing in Preacher that is as hard to kill as Lucifer.
    Last edited by Sol M; 01-09-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's why I included one-sided prep for the FF gang.

I just don't know what prep would do to let them overcome such a huge powergap. Honestly, if you take the Ultimate Nullifier as the most amazing piece of tech Galactus ever created, in all the eons of his existence, and it still doesn't have feats that would put it above stuff Lucifer casually dismisses...

EDIT: I mean, here's the thing. Galactus and this group have encountered beings who can kick their asses. There wad the Cancerverse. There is who ever has the Infinity Gauntlet this week. There was the Annihilation Wave. There has been ample reason and opportunity to create improved weapons and defenses. And with that said, the Ultimate Nullfier still seems to take the top of what ANY of them have created. I don't think we can just grant them the ability to prep for a threat significantly above what they have ever dealt with successfully.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 01-09-2013 at 01:57 PM.

I'll give it a shot. Going for the 2nd scenario. One sided, one week of advance prep.

Constantine, Thanos, Reed Richards, Axel Asher aka Access, Flash, Classic Dr. Strange, Sun Wukong, Destiny Endless,
    Death Endless, and Galactus.

Access is there to fuse John & Stange, Wally & Reed, as well as provide transport services to either universes.

John Constantine + Classic Dr. Strange = John's mind with Strange's Magic
    and resouces. Slap him with the Flash Speed level Reed tech belt and send him off.

Flash + Reed = Ridiculous prep time + Access to Galactus tech.

Death of the Endless is there just so Thanos can fall in love, which will motivite him into another Thanos Quest.

Sun Wukong + Destiny = Troll Department. It would be hilarious if Access can merge these two together.

After their herculean task, if they survive then.

Eventually Galactus, and Death fall in love due to their intimate understanding of each other work.
    Forming a three way love triangle with Thanos.

Can someone like Protege copy Lucifer if he could copy the LT?
    Last edited by cbrer; 01-09-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    There are more than 10 cosmics, so you're not gonna be able to use them all. And by adding 5 non-cosmics (the likes of Batman who are 100% irrelevant) you are actually limiting yourself to only 5 cosmics.
    So there is a limit? D'oh!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

BANNED

Gonna try an alternate bunch for the prep match...

- The Master (Doctor Who)
    - Swamp Thing at his most powerful (DC)
    - Spawn at his most powerful (Image)
    - PC Nemesis Kid (DC)
    - Carmen Sandiego
    - Yakko, Wakko & Dot (Animaniacs)
    - Matter Eater Lad (DC)
    - PC Darkseid (DC)

Prep, power, smarts and a lot of fuckwittery.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrer View Post
    Can someone like Protege copy Lucifer if he could copy the LT?
    If he can copy the LT then absolutely.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Gonna try an alternate bunch for the prep match...

- The Master (Doctor Who)
    - Swamp Thing at his most powerful (DC)
    - Spawn at his most powerful (Image)
    - PC Nemesis Kid (DC)
    - Carmen Sandiego
    - Yakko, Wakko & Dot (Animaniacs)
    - Matter Eater Lad (DC)
    - PC Darkseid (DC)

Prep, power, smarts and a lot of fuckwittery.
    The only one whose power level I'm not sure of is Spawn, but what are the rest going to do? Let us see:

-Master adds nothing, he's never prepped for anything close to this
    -Swamp Thing, ok here is another one I don't know I guess, but is he multiversal? Something tells me he isn't
    -PC Nemesis Kid had limits, Lucifer is above them(Hell didn't he just teleport away from Validus?)
    -Carmen Sandiego is useless
    -Animaniacs, again I don't think they've ever come up against anything this powerful
    -Matter Eater Lad, has he eaten beings that can shrug off multiverse destroying blasts?
    -PC Darkseid, potent..but not even Galactus or Odin level let alone Lucifer.

Quote Originally Posted by vycesyn View Post
    Dresden on the other hand I agree concurrently with your assessment. Of course that is why is not just him alone here. I'd suggested doubt with them taking him in the first scenario completely. With the second giving the team prep however
    Yeah, but I don't think Harry matters either way. Unless they can somehow amp him to vastly beyond his normal levels. Though if they could then there wouldn't be any reason not to use it on themselves.

those are heavy hitters of occult professions that have at least tangled with things along the sidelines of Lucifer if not out and out flipped him the bird ala Constantine depending on if the identification of the First of the Fallen is greater or less then Lucifer himself.
    Constantine does it through trickery, which is fine for maybe 90% of beings in fiction, but Lucifer? It's said the biggest threat about him is intelligence. Considering he can take a multi-verse buster think about what that means in terms of how smart/clever he is. As for the First of the Fallen I really don't think he's Lucifer level.

I'd give that team a fair better shot then if it was Harry alone true enough.
    Yeah, but that's like me trying to fight a hurricane, but I come wearing body armor. Sure I'm a little but tougher, but I'm still going to get blown away nonetheless.

Never killed anyone on Lucifers level, required God to be weakened(not on his throne) in order to kill him. Can't even put down vampires.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-09-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

BANNED

The only one whose power level I'm not sure of is Spawn, but what are the rest going to do?
    The Master can prep and match him for wit. Darkseid can prep too. Yakko, Wakko and Dot can keep him distracted and/or annoy him to the point of suicide. Carmen can STEAL HIS POWER. Matter Eater Lad can EAT HIS FACE. Nemesis Kid can spawn a power to counter him. Once the power is stolen, the Omega Effect should work. God Spawn and Swamp God just add some firepower that no one else has used yet, as it's an alternate team...

Joke team really, with enough fuckwittery from the Animaniacs, Matter Eater Lad and Carmen Sandiego, and enough smarts from The Master, to actual be a genuine threat in a scenario (NOT in Khazan).

BANNED

The only one whose power level I'm not sure of is Spawn, but what are the rest going to do? Let us see:

-Swamp Thing, ok here is another one I don't know I guess, but is he multiversal? Something tells me he isn't
    -PC Nemesis Kid had limits, Lucifer is above them(Hell didn't he just teleport away from Validus?)
    -Animaniacs, again I don't think they've ever come up against anything this powerful
    -Matter Eater Lad, has he eaten beings that can shrug off multiverse destroying blasts?
    You've just seriously analysed what was mostly a joke team.

BANNED

You've just seriously analysed what was mostly a joke team.

The Master can prep and match him for wit. Darkseid can prep too. Yakko, Wakko and Dot can keep him distracted and/or annoy him to the point of suicide. Carmen can STEAL HIS POWER. Matter Eater Lad can EAT HIS FACE. Nemesis Kid can spawn a power to counter him. Once the power is stolen, the Omega Effect should work. God Spawn and Swamp God just add some firepower that no one else has used yet, as it's an alternate team...

Joke team really, with enough fuckwittery from the Animaniacs, Matter Eater Lad and Carmen Sandiego, and enough smarts from The Master, to actual be a genuine threat in a scenario (NOT in Khazan).
    Ok I get you're saying it's a joke team, but then you also say they'd be a threat in a scenario. I don't see how.