Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hey, does anyone know why there aren't that many copies and why it is so expensive? My comics shop didn't order any, mycomicshop.com (which almost always has the issue available on the next day before selling out) didn't even have the comic LISTED and I had to spend 15 dollars for it?!! It is like no one ordered it!

Quote Originally Posted by weshes195 View Post
    Hey, does anyone know why there aren't that many copies and why it is so expensive? My comics shop didn't order any, mycomicshop.com (which almost always has the issue available on the next day before selling out) didn't even have the comic LISTED and I had to spend 15 dollars for it?!! It is like no one ordered it!
    well Comic shops had first dibs on it,.... so they can charge whatever, but I'm pretty sure its not officially out yet

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidwolfdog View Post
    well Comic shops had first dibs on it,.... so they can charge whatever, but I'm pretty sure its not officially out yet
    Issue zero was released this week with 4 cover options, the standard cover, a wrap around cover, a propaganda cover and a blitzkrieg cover. The first 3 were all $3.99 (not sure if they were 1-1 but my lcs had them all at cover) and the blitzkrieg was rarer (not sure on the ratio) and had no listed cover price so stores could probably charge what they wanted.

I grabbed the standard but liked the wraparound so picked up a second copy with it as the cover. The Propaganda also looked great but I wasn't grabbing 3 copies of a $3.99 book I didn't know if I'd like. My LCS didn't have (possibly already sold) the blitzkrieg.

Covers looked like this:

Standard

Wraparound

Propaganda
    Last edited by momaw; 04-06-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Blitzkrieg
    Last edited by momaw; 04-06-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    How can you draw a book without ever talking to the writer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    It happens more often than youd think.
    Yes, I agree with Dark-Flux. I have interviewed some writers and artists for my blog (Khoi Pham, Greg Pak, Fred van Lente, Jeff Parker, Robert Rodi, Paul renaud, and so on) : it's usual for them to work with guys that they have never met. It's not always the case, of course, but it happens. Of course, thanks to the web, it's possible today (for example I couldn't have talked with you without it). But, I agree with momaw too, it seems a little bit curious to work on an artistic project without really knowing who is the guy you're working with.
    Avengers, New Av., Mighty Av., Secret Av., Uncanny Av., Young Av., Inhumanity, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine.

Really wanted to like this but...I just couldn't

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Really wanted to like this but...I just couldn't
    The same for me. I flip through it saturday, as I was in a comic shop, and well it's not what I like. Too much blood, and to much madness.
    Avengers, New Av., Mighty Av., Secret Av., Uncanny Av., Young Av., Inhumanity, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

its very mature. and really a lot there not to like or find enjoyable

in a some ways more graphic then Caligula in imagery… disturbing images of war are so much more relatable thus more powerful then some of the stuff supernatural stuff going on in Caligula

I just added it to my pull list saturday
    Last edited by FriendRoss; 04-07-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    its very mature. and really a lot there not to like or find enjoyable

in a some ways more graphic then Caligula in imagery… disturbing images of war are so much more relatable thus more powerful then some of the stuff supernatural stuff going on in Caligula

I just added it to my pull list saturday
    That is dissapointing. I found Caligula disgusting. I have the first few issues of Uber on order, looks like an interesting concept...but...

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I was put off in the first few pages, then I remembered the subject was World War II. I'm glad we don't have yet another PG-13, ethnically and ethically simple romp about an American lone ranger.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Blitzkrieg
    My lcs had this cover for $25, needless to say, I left it there, if I can find it at a cheaper price, I might give it a shot.

BANNED

i really dug the concept and the art. I really liked it

Hello! Thanks for the people who've given it a try giving it a try. I think we only get stronger as we go on.

I did a bunch of writer notes over at my tumblr, which you may find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KieronGillen View Post
    Hello! Thanks for the people who've given it a try giving it a try. I think we only get stronger as we go on.

I did a bunch of writer notes over at my tumblr, which you may find interesting.
    Thank you for posting that link Mr Gillen. There is a lot of great stuff in it and it does address some of the confusion I felt with issue zero. I have high hopes going forward because it is a very intriguing concept.

This looks awesome i like when we see the war from different pair of eyes :)Thanks Kieron Gillen.
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light