Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

I like this direction. Simply because when I read Avenging #15.1, I hated the character. I want him to suffer. He thinks he is Superior, time to put him through hell. I hope he gets fired from Horizon too. I want this guy to struggle to pay rent and eat. Make him homeless for all I care. I don't want a story about how a villain magically reformed in two pages. I want to see this blowhard suffer because deep down he is a villain who can't handle being a hero. IF this is the direction you are going Mr. Slott and Senor Wacker, BRAVO!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I don't know how, but I fully expect Superior to be the latest in the string of "we have to keep Mary Jane away from Peter" ploys. We'll see where it ranks when it's done. I expect better than OMIT, worse than the time they "killed" her. Somewhere in that range.
    I can't imagine anything but mental trauma once she realizes that she shared a boyfriend that Aunt May once had.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    And whatever the hell Dr Faustus has going on can take on the winner.
    Faustus wins on panache, Odin sends him to Hel, takes the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I can't imagine anything but mental trauma once she realizes that she shared a boyfriend that Aunt May once had.
    It depends on how clear they make it. They could go with the more traumatic angle (I just can't look at you without thinking of him!), the more practical one (How do I even know you're really Peter Parker and not the Vulture!), or the Peter pushed her away one ("You acted like you wanted to get together before and just pushed me away when I tried to get serious! I'm not falling for it again!").

But yeah, predictable dumb excuses incoming. =\
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

I don't know how, but I fully expect Superior to be the latest in the string of "we have to keep Mary Jane away from Peter" ploys. We'll see where it ranks when it's done. I expect better than OMIT, worse than the time they "killed" her. Somewhere in that range.
    Nice to know you're holding things to such a high standard.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

If that was the issue they could simply say "hey she moved to Europe" or whatever and be done with it. Why do such a complex story to solve such a simple problem (assuming that is what they wanted?)
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    If that was the issue they could simply say "hey she moved to Europe" or whatever and be done with it. Why do such a complex story to solve such a simple problem (assuming that is what they wanted?)
    You could ask the same thing about OMD, if they wanted MJ out of Peter's life they could have shot her instead of Aunt May.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    How so? Both are more powerful than Hawkeye, Falcon, etc. Spidey has his Spider-sense which would be useful for missions in uncharted territory as well as his science background. Wolverine is the preeminent tracker in the MU and one of the greatest hand-to-hand combatants as well. (And many other Avengers have killed in the past, Thor, Steve Rogers, Black Widow, Bucky Barnes, Hawkeye, Iron Man, etc...)

Both seem pretty useful as Avengers to me.

BTW, doesn't this mean they'll have to re-title Avenging Spider-Man, since you know, he's no longer an Avenger???
    Unless he sets out to avenge his firing from the Avengers, by seaking them out, one by one, to demonstrate to them how superior he is when it comes to dealing with the situation/villian at hand. (although they'll just, more than likely, change the title of the series)

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Looks like I was right. By the end of "Superior" Peter/Spidey will be a single, broke, unemployed loser (Otto will get him fired/blacklisted at Horizon and all SCIENCE! type of jobs.) He will be working freelance at the Daily Bugle again with JJJ back in charge (after resigning/fired as mayor). Aunt May will be a widow again after Jameson Sr. dies (Otto will have some role in that), and Spidey will be ostracized and mistrusted by the superhero community and general public once again. And MJ will never want to be near him again after the events of Superior. This way Spidey is brought back to the basics of yesteryear without a reboot.
    Everything, yes, except MJ will fall in love with Superior because he will have changed into the man she wanted Peter to be and they get remarried again. Not because he is a winner, but because he is a loser, and that's what MJ likes best about Peter.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

It depends on how clear they make it. They could go with the more traumatic angle (I just can't look at you without thinking of him!), the more practical one (How do I even know you're really Peter Parker and not the Vulture!), or the Peter pushed her away one ("You acted like you wanted to get together before and just pushed me away when I tried to get serious! I'm not falling for it again!").

But yeah, predictable dumb excuses incoming. =\
    The fact that she survived the whole gut-wrenching and continuity ripping story that was OMD tells me that she and Peter are always going to be intertwined. They should be married, too, in my opinion, as it raises the bar on making Peter's life more difficult. But whatever. Marvel hates the Spider-marriage like gollum hates hobbitses.

I've always thought that Spider-Man isn't a good fit for the Avengers anyway. Sure it's okay for him to show up with the team from time to time, but a full member doesn't seem right to me. So this is a direction I like.

And since we're exploring the different team-ups with SpOck, I wanna see him team-up with Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDracul View Post
    You could ask the same thing about OMD, if they wanted MJ out of Peter's life they could have shot her instead of Aunt May.
    But with that they needed a damn good reason for her to be gone, to get rid of the marriage. In this case she is single, if they wanted her out of the books it would be as easy as sending her away, or even easier just not having her appear.
    Life looks better in black and white.

If he gets kicked off the Avengers then does that mean no more Avenging Spider-man? Oh well :(

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    But imagine the conversations during "girls night". They could compare notes.
    Bad news everyone...

Marriage-Tracer killer Dr. Chaos's Avatar

I have the same facial expression as my avatar right now.

The sweet sweet scent of Ock-Man's impending glorious downfall.
    I'm beginning to think that Hell is a comic book forum.

-Gitaroo_Dude