Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Warner Bros. Announces "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" Game

Warner Bros. Interactive and TT Games have announced "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" as the newest video game in its bestselling LEGO franchise with over 100 playable characters from the Marvel U.

Full article here.

It's not X-men but it's close enough. I cannot wait to play my favorite characters!
    TEAM TEEN JEAN 2013!!

*2,000,000th X-Books Forum post goes to...Yours truly Vivica Kang*

I'm sure a fair number of beloved X-Men characters will appear. One slight sad point is the fact it's an original story, as I would have loved LEGOised adaptions of the Avenger films or the classic comic storylines. Even so, really excited to see this in action. I hope that the Character Creator system from LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Batman might return so players could try and create characters who don't make it into the final game. Plus you know there'll be DLC.

Oh, and Game Informer has a preview with test footage of the game shown! LEGO Hulk looks awesome and Magneto is confimed too! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8c-9pM7VPA

All I can say is that it's about time Marvel gain the Lego video game treatment. Although I have to wonder how they put this up with Disney ?

Given that Disney owns Marvel and Warner Bros. Owns DC Comics.

Woohoo!

(blahblahpostisnotlongenoughblahblah)

Yay! Shut up and take my money!
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    All I can say is that it's about time Marvel gain the Lego video game treatment. Although I have to wonder how they put this up with Disney ?

Given that Disney owns Marvel and Warner Bros. Owns DC Comics.
    It's probably a compromise on Warner Bros.' part, because TT Games (owned by Warner Bros.) have the LEGO license (or a LEGO license) for video games, and LEGO have the license (rather obviously) for Marvel. It's to the benefit of Disney AND Warner Bros. that this happens, because together they can make more money. And, really, this game will probably be really quick for them to knock out because the LEGO games have used pretty much the same engine, mechanics and so on since the start of the TT Games releases (I think it was LEGO Star Wars) so they're not exactly taking a financial risk on it either.

Simply put; this is easy money for Warner Bros. and Disney.

Edit: All I hope is that Spider-Woman is in it.

The press release states more than 100 characters are unlockable in the game across the Marvel Universe
    And people will still complain that Character X wasn't included.

And so begins my Christmas list for next year.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

If Adam X isn't included, I'll go crazy!

(Kidding ;) )

EDIT: But seriously, I'll be mad if Kid Loki isn't in it. No 645 stuff, just pure epic Kid Loki please. Marvel. PLEASE. I'm willing to beg here.
    Last edited by Rasengan2000; 01-08-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Kid Loki!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengan2000 View Post
    If Adam X isn't included, I'll go crazy!

(Kidding ;) )

EDIT: But seriously, I'll be mad if Kid Loki isn't in it. No 645 stuff, just pure epic Kid Loki please. Marvel. PLEASE. I'm willing to beg here.
    Judging from screenshots it'll be the movie version of Loki and the Avengers, though clearly other comic based versions of characters will appear, and I suppose there's the chance that alternate costumes might be availiable. Personally I'm hoping for Captain Britain and Kitty Pryde - I don't care if her powers make games hard, she deserves to be in a damn game already! Especially if he has a little LEGO Lockheed to back her up.

C'mon Lego Beast! I'll likely grab this game. Always a fan of the Lego games.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

I've started to wonder how the missions might work, given that with LEGO Batman 2 the Justice League was only a small part of the game. I don't want a situation where I have to be the six movie Avengers with Spidey and Wolverine for ages and don't get to play anyone else till later. I'd like hubs with missions for specific groups - Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Marvel Knights, Guardians of the Galaxy and more. With a decent range of villains to suit each team - Kang, Ultron, Magneto and the Brotherhood, Mr Sinister, Kingpin, Madamme HYDRA, Thanos, the Skrulls and more. And then the final part battling Galactus. It would also be cool if you could create your own teams from a set, though Free Play will probably do for me in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    <clipped>Kitty Pryde - I don't care if her powers make games hard, she deserves to be in a damn game already! Especially if he has a little LEGO Lockheed to back her up.
    Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat) is in X-Men II:The Fall of the Mutants, Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, and Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

Well I already know what I'm getting my son for his birthday in November.

I hope they include the Astonishing X-Team in this plus Rogue. Man, I can't wait for this.