Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Be curious to see how and when Peter gets to rejoin the Avengers. Will it be as soon as he gets back, or a prolonged period?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Those feet, for crying out loud! How the hell Ramos has a paying job as an artist?
    Because the rest of the image looks pretty good. I like Ramos and think he's a nice fit for Spidey. He'd be terrible for Avengers or X-Men or something.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

And Doc Ock messing up Peter's life begins. This is gonna be a loooong road before Peter gets back.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Those feet, for crying out loud! How the hell Ramos has a paying job as an artist?
    That's by design. They're supposed to be like tabi.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by manos View Post
    How about this, both teams give him the pink slip and he lives the rest of his days on the Savage Land.
    What do you have against Ka-zar?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pharoahe22 View Post
    I've always thought that the "Spider-Man doesn't belong on the Avengers" mindset was completely absurd. For one, he was teaming up with like every single person on the team on a regular basis before he joined the team anyway. Two, his hero resume MORE than qualifies him to be on "Earth's Mightiest Heroes". Three, I'm not sure how people seem to classify Spider-Man a "solo hero" anyway when he has teamed up with more heroes than anyone else in the history of comic books. To me, it has more to do with the "oh they're only on the team because they're cash cows...not because it makes sense (which it really does)" mindset. Or it's the "the Avengers are only THESE specific people, and anyone outside of them shouldn't be on the team" mindset. Because if you really think about it, what you're really saying is: "Spider-Man (who has saved the world more times than the majority of the MU superheroes combined) shouldn't be on Earth's greatest super-team with a group of people that he teams up with on a regular basis anyway". And that really doesn't make sense.

Either way, if Spider-Man DOES get fired from the Avengers, it won't last. Dock Ock would see this as a failure. The Avengers are the premiere team. The "A" List. How could Doc Ock be "Superior" to Peter Parker if he was kicked off of this team? By the end of the arc, he'll win his position back, guaranteed.
    I don't know if Ock will be on the team again. i doubt that, but they whole Spidey doesn't deserve to be an Avengers is absurd to me as well. It's basically most people saying "How can spidey be an Avenger when he wasn't one when I was a kid" schtick. He deserves to be on the team, but with him being Ock now. I'm not surprised.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

I didn't mind Spidey on the Avengers but still...

that's three down ...

BANNED

I don't really mind Spider-Man on the Avengers but because his character doesn't really contribute anything big to the team other than dialogue of him giving jokes and a big name character to prompt the books he appears in, his involvement seems wasted. He seems better off as a sub member should Spider Woman be unavailable. Because right as a permanent member he's portrayed as window dressing. Him and along with Thor would serve better as Code Omega when everyone is needed type situations.

I'm actually fine with Spider-Man and Wolverine being Avengers. I just don't get why they included Spider-Man in the relaunch and put him on the covers and everything if they knew he was getting the boot in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    I didn't mind Spidey on the Avengers but still...

that's three down ...
    "Three down?"

Its not fair. Everything Peter Parker has achieved and the Avengers are going to discredit him thinking Peter is a deadbeat. Sure, that's the Parker luck, but please let it be Parker, not the Otto luck. Peter never gets anything nice except with Bendis. Bendis made him an Avengers. Who else did that?
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-08-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by pharoahe22 View Post
    Because if you really think about it, what you're really saying is: "Spider-Man (who has saved the world more times than the majority of the MU superheroes combined) shouldn't be on Earth's greatest super-team with a group of people that he teams up with on a regular basis anyway". And that really doesn't make sense.
    That's an interesting interpretation of Spider-man's exploits. Here's mine: he has spent the vast majority of his crime-fighting days in New York City, fighting mostly local villains committing mostly local crimes. He generally hasn't been fighting people out to conquer or destroy the Earth, so it's an extreme exaggeration to say that he "saved the world more times than the majority of the MU superheroes combined." Look at Spider-man's rogues gallery, and start naming the global threats. Osborn? Okay, but only because he got a very editorial push by Joe Quesada, and not because Osborn normally operates on that level. Anybody else? Not really.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

All of this is Psylocke's fault, you people.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    All of this is Psylocke's fault, you people.
    If Psylocke had been the one to switch with Peter, the fan reactions would have been more entertaining.

[double post of doom]