Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superman-personality or Batman-personality for President

Superman has always been considered lame by those who do not understand the character. Batman and other anti-hero fans usually want to bash him. However, if I think about the sensibilities between Superman and Batman and if they exist in the real world (they're not real?!) I think I'll be more trusting of a person that illustrates a Superman-personality. I'll be voting for that type of person as my president. In the real world, I think the attitude and personality of Superman is more acceptable to people.

Who would you vote for and why?

I don't see Batman and Superman as having very different personalities...
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Supes would be my President all the way, the man even makes the old saying Truth, Justice and the American Way sound right again.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

I guess it would depend on the country they would run. However, I would say that current Superman has a more in-your-face attitude than the previous incarnation. So...
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

I'm not sure ... also, out of curiosity, would they be Republicans, Democrats or start a new party altogether?

BANNED

Superman is a democrat, at least his origins are.

I would vote for Composite Superman, because he's Superman, Batman, and a Villain -- and that's exactly what this country needs right now.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Well, if gun control is your issue, I would think that Batman's your man, lol.

I would think that freedom of the press would be pretty important for Superman. So with him you'd get a relatively transparent Presidency (Batman being very different here).

I think that both would be good for domestic policy.

On foreign policy, this makes me think that Superman would be big on foreign aid.

As for Batman, I wonder if he has any lingering hard feelings over the whole "Ambassador Joker" affair with Iran.
    Please check out my new anime blog:

http://assessingtheanime.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't want either of them to be President.

Superman would make public statements like this:

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    I wouldn't want either of them to be President.
    Why misslane?

Actually, you can become a superman. Just Believe!

Jimmy had a dream once where Superman was President...but Superman corrected him by mentioning that he is ineligible. But he also added that Clark Kent isn't. Not that Clark would want the job.

I think the Dick Grayson of Pre-Crisis Earth-Two should have been President. He negotiated the end of apartheid in South Africa of Earth-Two in 1979.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

If Superman was real, being President would be a complete waste of his time. Whichever party he affiliated himself with, the opposition party would keep him from ever accomplishing anything and make him look like an ineffectual tool. And the 18 hours a day he wasted being filibustered and otherwise c-blocked by slimy career politicians in the pocket of special interests, he could have instead been out actually helping people.

Superman, of course.