Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So, what are the odds on Dewey showing up this season?
    I feel low as they've moved past that story arc. I was hoping that Mykelti would resume his role but I haven't heard anything about Limehouse showing back up.

Is Patton Oswalt a reoccurring character now? Hope so. Also when did Raylan leave the Marshals? I'm assuming between seasons.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Elder Member

When did they say Raylan left the marshals?

Tim was great this episode "He does something stupid every day. Could you narrow it down?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He hasn't left. We've seen him at work every episode lol.
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    He hasn't left. We've seen him at work every episode lol.
    I'm gonna have to go back and rewatch the first episode of this season cuz now I'm confused. I swear he said that he wasn't a Marshal anymore (or didn't work for the Marshals) when he was on the phone. It also seemed like he was in a different office when he got that phone call but it also looked like Marshal Brooks was in the room with him and he did not want her to hear him. But now having watched episodes two and three it seems he did not quit the Marshals so I am left a little confused about what happened in episode 1.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    so I am left a little confused about what happened in episode 1.
    It was explained through dialogue in episode 1 that he is moonlighting as a bounty hunter to make money for his unborn child. No bounty hunters are allowed in Kentucky (according to the show) and a marshal isn't supposed to be moonlighting (according to Art in episode 2). So Rayland is sneaking around right now, that's why he called Constable Bob instead of the cops when dealing with the stolen car (with his bailjumper in the trunk) in episode 1.
    Last edited by G. Boney; 01-23-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

Like:
    The boxer ex-husband and the whole dead/not dead parachutist. Duffy's back

Not like:
    Boyd and the preacher. The psychic mumbo jumbo, just doesn't fit in the series.

Damn, Raylan should just stay away from blondes, period. Call up Karsen Not-Sisco or the bounty hunter with the nice ass.

Thus far what's going on with Boyd seems unconnected to anything involving Raylan, minus his previous association with Wynn Duffy. But I expect that will change.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Loving every moment of this season so far, and agree with a lot of what's already been said. Enjoying the ex-hus fighter character, good seeing Duffy again, etc.

I noticed the similarities between Boyd and his opponent but after this episode I now see they did the same with Raylan. This season is a season of "what goes around, comes around" and I think that's badass. Boyd and Raylan are faced this season with alternate versions or archetypes of their season 1 selves. In season 1, Boyd was a reformed preacher whose tentpole church's doings crippled business of the current drug kingpin in Harlan. In season 4, a snakehandling preacher leads a tentpole church whose doings are crippling Boyd's drug business. He's forced to confront a man who's been in his own shoes, and can stand toe-to-toe with him when it comes quoting the good book. Boyd tries to handle it better than his daddy Bo but in the end, he ends up getting the poor preacher boy killed--something he was trying to avoid with words. In season 1, Raylan was an angry tough ex-husband who comfortably made himself at home uninvited in his ex-wife's place and passively intimidated her new lover who in time gets fucked over by the both of them as they run off together. In season 4, Raylan must contend with the tough ex-husband of his bartender girlfriend who in time both end up fucking him over and running off together and robbing him of the money he was saving up for his kid.

I don't know how the writers came up with that idea but I'm loving it. I look forward to seeing how all this turns out. I expect it's going to get ugly (well uglier than a decapitated snake head fanged to your face). I haven't even mentioned Arlo. Arlo is something else. Just when I think he can't surprise me any more he does. I look forward to that whole storyline too. It was a hell of a way to start off the season, man falling to his death with a bag full of heroine (or was it cocaine?). Also agree with whoever said they want to see Dewey back this season. More Dewey is never enough!
    Last edited by the_coldest_sun; 01-23-2013 at 09:55 PM.

I'm going to start watching this season soon (I have the new episodes recorded). I really hope this season isn't as convoluted and pointless as the third season.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So, what are the odds on Dewey showing up this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    I feel low as they've moved past that story arc.
    Dewey really doesn't have a story arc. He's just a recurring comic relief "villain".

Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    I was hoping that Mykelti would resume his role but I haven't heard anything about Limehouse showing back up.
    He'll be showing up, according to something I read the other day. Don't remember what site it was on.

Elder Member

Am I the only one who finds it funny that Boyd's best friend from the army is basically a cop?

Who wants to watch the entire conversation between Colton and Gutterson.

Hell who wants to watch an entire episode about Deputy Gutterson!

This show is fantastic! Mike O'Mally was menacing and amazing!

and Hill people!
    My Nerd Home

He's a cool cat, but damn if he doesn't type his post wearing mittens. -Evil Sneak

the Hill People!! lol
    "So we're back to killing both of them...?"
    Raylan should've have taken that "Go bag" with him.

Another Deadwood alumni makes an appearance in Gerald McRaney (George Hearst), and hell, they even almost re-enact a scene from Deadwood with Timothy Olyphant dragging McRaney humiliatingly across the road. This time however he had him handcuffed to a car, rather than being dragged by his ear at gunpoint. Awesome.

Not sure how I feel about Shelby turning against Boyd like that. I understand he isn't comfortable with the whole "in his pocket" thing and is even less okay with the deaths he's been causing (or attempting to cause). But to say he wants to "take down Boyd Crowder". Yikes. First, Boyd saved Shelby's life in season 2 and second, Boyd got Shelby the sheriff's position. To use that position against him now is just wrong. I dunno. I think my enjoyment of Boyd clouds my judgement of just how bad of a guy he actually is, but still. It bothers me that Boyd is quickly running out of allies (Devil, Arlo, Cousin Johnny, and now Shelby). I also know that going against Boyd could mean certain death and I like Shelby too much. I mean how many times is Ellsworth/Bobby going to get killed off?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Danny View Post
    Mike O'Mally was menacing and amazing!
    WTF?! I didn't even realize that was the guy from that awful show Yes, Dear. I had to google his name just to see who you were talking about. Yeah, he was menacing. I love how Duffy continues to keep his cool when people are shot/murdered inches away from him to help motivate him (Quarles did the same last year with Emmett).
    Last edited by the_coldest_sun; 02-06-2013 at 07:50 PM.

They might be hill people,but they still have cell phones, LOL.

I had been wondering if Wynonna would show up this season. I sure hope Natalie Zea didn't leave this show for The Following.

Duffy clearly saw that shot coming, I think he was just slightly annoyed by the blood spatter.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex