Page 136 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3150

Grabbed this cheap last night:

- pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Forgot I pre-ordered this way back on Jan. 11, after which DC delayed the heck out of the release, but it turns out Books-a-Million is shipping my copy today; with any luck, it'll be at the house when I get off work tomorrow afternoon. Perfect cover for the holiday season, I'd say --

I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	war88.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	123652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	war91.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	123653
    A couple of Rocks.

This leaves just 3 comics published by DC in the entire 1960s that I don't yet own.
    G.I. Combat #87 (1st Haunted Tank)
    Star Spangled War #90 (1st War That Time Forgot)
    Falling in Love #41 (Random issue of no particular significance)

Quote Originally Posted by DCIndexer View Post

Name:	war88.jpg 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	123652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	war91.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	123653
    A couple of Rocks.

This leaves just 3 comics published by DC in the entire 1960s that I don't yet own.
    G.I. Combat #87 (1st Haunted Tank)
    Star Spangled War #90 (1st War That Time Forgot)
    Falling in Love #41 (Random issue of no particular significance)
    Nice picks ups Mike. Pretty amazing progress on your DC collection too, with only 3 to go for the 60's.

Dan B.-I just saw that Strange Adventures cover earlier this week, and I couldn't remember where, but it dawned on me it was in the cover of the week contest over in the community forums. It's a wonderfully creepy Christmas cover.

and yet another Cole for pmpknface. I've still only ever seen one Cole cover in person and held it in my hands, and it was just after I came here and saw you collecting them, so it kind of stood out to me for that reason. I can't remember the exact cover, I think it was Oz related, but not sure, or a Classics Jr. cover I found in a stack with an Oz book, but the Oz book and Cole cover are stuck together in my head for some reason.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B. in the Underworld View Post
    Forgot I pre-ordered this way back on Jan. 11, after which DC delayed the heck out of the release, but it turns out Books-a-Million is shipping my copy today; with any luck, it'll be at the house when I get off work tomorrow afternoon. Perfect cover for the holiday season, I'd say --

I've never thumbed through one of these Showcase books yet...
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Stopped off at a different LCS, The Comic Stop in Watertown, MA on my way home. Needed the recent ASM 700.1 that didn't get dropped into my local folder. Also decided to pick up:

- Defenders 7
    - Giant Size Master of Kung Fu #3 (now I have 1-4)
    - Tales to Astonish #84

No reason, just because they were there. With the ASM, $20.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

20% Cooler Than You Richard Bishop's Avatar

An early Christmas present to myself, which just arrived from eBay:

Name:	PC190369.jpg 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	123716

Daredevil Masterworks #5 & 6, Thor Masterworks #6, and The Avengers Omnibus #1, all factory sealed. Total price, with shipping: $106.00
    "I don't hate everybody. I think I'm better than everybody. It's completely different."

Currently Hunting:
    Marvel Two-in-One #1, and Werewolf by Night #32 (at a reasonable price)

Perhaps, probably not !Pharozonk!'s Avatar

While I was Christmas shopping at Half Price Books yesterday, I found some cheap stuff, all for less than $1 each:

New Mutants: 55, 71

X-Factor: 61, 84

Tales of the Legion of Super-Heroes: 320, 323

Excalibur: 7

Detective Comics: 676

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Used some early Chrsitmas money from my mom to put a smallish order in at MyComicshop this evening, to complete a few series to set up for reading next year.

With the order (if everything is in stock and ships) I will complete my runs of the following:

Arak, Son of Thunder
    Arion, Lord of Atlantis
    Arion the Immortal
    Nathaniel Dusk (first series)
    Star Hunters

total of 43 comics the bulk were issues of Arak as I needed 30+ issues to complete the run), none costing more than $1.20 most under a buck.

No jaw dropping oohs and aahs books, but a lot of solid reading for the coming year.

-M
    Santa Lonestar's postal elves just delivered this, so I now have complete runs of...

Arak, Son of Thunder

Arion, Lord of Atlantis

the Arion the Immortal mini series

the first Nathaniel Dusk mini

and...

Two of those were cited as goals in my 2013 list, so actually got them done just under the wire.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    While I was Christmas shopping at Half Price Books yesterday, I found some cheap stuff, all for less than $1 each:

New Mutants: 55, 71

X-Factor: 61, 84

Tales of the Legion of Super-Heroes: 320, 323

Excalibur: 7

Detective Comics: 676

Awesome purchases! It sometimes requires a bit of patience waiting for the issues you want but I think that helps fuel anticipation and makes you appreciate them all the more when you find those issues you want so cheap.

Perhaps, probably not !Pharozonk!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Awesome purchases! It sometimes requires a bit of patience waiting for the issues you want but I think that helps fuel anticipation and makes you appreciate them all the more when you find those issues you want so cheap.
    I agree. However, one unfortunate aspect to used book store shopping is the quality of the stuff you find. More often than not, I'll find books that I've been looking for, but they are so torn up and stained that I can't add them to my collection.

I just bought Amazing Spider-Man #123. I love the way Gil Kane and John Romita drew Luke Cage in this issue.
    I had the reprint of this issue in Marvel Tales for years but I wanted the original.

Name:	mCFeASO2Fkc3qFnMPkvDVKg.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	123723

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I agree. However, one unfortunate aspect to used book store shopping is the quality of the stuff you find. More often than not, I'll find books that I've been looking for, but they are so torn up and stained that I can't add them to my collection.
    I see a lot of that at used bookstores. I came across a bronze age run of Spider-Man comic books a few months ago but all of them were badly damaged (some water damage, or heavily creased.) It really varies tremendously across the scale of grading from poor to near mint/mint comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Santa Lonestar's postal elves just delivered this, so I now have complete runs of...

Arak, Son of Thunder

-M
    Is the final issue of ARAk hard to find? I've taken the complete series to comics shows off and on for the last twenty years (in my quarter boxes), and the only one I've ever sold was the final issue.
    Landis: You Cherokee Jack?
    Cherokee Jack: Yah. Ah'm Cherokee Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    I see a lot of that at used bookstores. I came across a bronze age run of Spider-Man comic books a few months ago but all of them were badly damaged (some water damage, or heavily creased.) It really varies tremendously across the scale of grading from poor to near mint/mint comic books.

I'm always amazed at the number of water damaged comics you seem to mention coming across. Just out of curiosity, do you live in an area that floods a lot, or has torrential rains?
    Landis: You Cherokee Jack?
    Cherokee Jack: Yah. Ah'm Cherokee Jack.