Page 18 of 208 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 3108
  1. #256
    Senior Member Deadman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Mon View Post
    It occurs to me that if they both hit the finish line banner Batman is holding at super-speed, they're probably going to rip his arm off. Just saying.
    Hey Batman has survived some crazy stuff before, its BATMAN. The only probelm here is they try to make it look like its 50/50 shot between the two but Superman has his arm out forward, he's more likely to hit the finsih line 1st before Flash.
    Last edited by Deadman25; 02-05-2013 at 08:25 PM.

  2. #257
    Senior Member Jolly Mon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    Hey Batman has survived some crazy stuff before, its BATMAN. The only probelm here is they try to make it look like its 50/50 shot between the two but Superman has his arm out forward, he's more likely to hit the finsih line 1st before Flash.
    Plus I could never figure out how it was a fair race if Superman was allowed to fly and Flash had to run. Of course, if I wanted to get really picky, I'd point out that the spectators are standing way too close to two guys zooming by at super speed. The cover should show a crowd of people flying through the air behind them, caught in their slipstream. Which would actually be kind of funny.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

  3. #258
    Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Here is my recent haul. My goal is to finish up the Cult series and grab any Batman/Detective from about the time Neal Adams starting working on it up until the Knightfall stuff. It's a long span but I feel it has some of the best stories and artwork so that is my goal. For me, the artwork from about '69 through the 70's is the best and the stories are pretty solid, even if the mysteries are pretty cheesy. Anything older is just a bit too campy for me personally.

    #231 is rough but the cover is hangin on and it's Neal Adams so I have to save it. The rest are all VG to Fine or better. That is also the first Brave and Bold issue I have added to my collection. Again, I really wanna nab up the ones Neal Adams did work for but this went for a buck again its from the same era I am currently enjoying for Batman. The Spook issue was a good read, as was #416 with Man-Bat. Planning on reading #231 and the others in the next few days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0842.jpg  
    Last edited by pinkfloydsound17; 02-07-2013 at 08:53 AM.

  4. #259
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post
    Here is my recent haul. My goal is to finish up the Cult series and grab any Batman/Detective from about the time Neal Adams starting working on it up until the Knightfall stuff. It's a long span but I feel it has some of the best stories and artwork so that is my goal. For me, the artwork from about '69 through the 70's is the best and the stories are pretty solid, even if the mysteries are pretty cheesy. Anything older is just a bit too campy for me personally.

    #231 is rough but the cover is hangin on and it's Neal Adams so I have to save it. The rest are all VG to Fine or better. That is also the first Brave and Bold issue I have added to my collection. Again, I really wanna nab up the ones Neal Adams did work for but this went for a buck again its from the same era I am currently enjoying for Batman. The Spook issue was a good read, as was #416 with Man-Bat. Planning on reading #231 and the others in the next few days.
    Nice finds man...love the issues. I believe I have that Brave and the Bold there.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  5. #260
    Elder Member zryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,984

    Default


  6. #261
    *choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    montgomery al
    Posts
    11,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Mon View Post
    Of course, if I wanted to get really picky, I'd point out that the spectators are standing way too close to two guys zooming by at super speed. The cover should show a crowd of people flying through the air behind them, caught in their slipstream. Which would actually be kind of funny.
    Perhaps those watching the race were required to wear lead-soled shoes.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

    -- Reptisaurus!

  7. #262
    Elder Member zryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,984

    Default


  8. #263
    Senior Member pmpknface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,819

    Default

    Hey Z - If yo ucan find it, get the HULK issue with Rocket Raccoon. It'll be getting tough to find soon. Also, #296 (I think) has Rom, and that one can't be reprinted so snag that one too.

    Got this in the mail today. Not LB Cole cover, even though it's killer, but interiors:

    - pmpknface

    "Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

  9. #264
    Elder Member zryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,984

    Default

    Rocket Raccoon draws a blank and I dont remember seeing that at the store. But I think I did buy the other issue you mentioned pmpknface. While at the store I had an older gentlemen approach me, turns out he is a collector from a long way back. He has quite the collection ranging from GA to Bronze Age (mostly). And hes getting rid of lots of them. I asked him what some of the older material is going for and almost fell down when he told me what he charges (not because they were high, but because I was shocked at how low they were). Unfortunately he doesnt live close so visiting him is out of the question but it made the afternoon rather a pleasant outing.

  10. #265
    Senior Member pmpknface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,819

    Default

    Ok, who is this man and can I have his email address?

    Hulk #271:

    - pmpknface

    "Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

  11. #266
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    Ok, who is this man and can I have his email address?

    Hulk #271:


    I have that issue...and 296. I got that back during Heroes Con.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  12. #267
    Senior Member pmpknface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,819

    Default

    Maybe I'll read the RR mini this weekend.... when I'm not plowing the driveway, shoveling the roof, or eating ham (decided to cook a spiral ham - other than comics I cook a LOT!). Oh... or drinking. That's the other hobby...
    - pmpknface

    "Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

  13. #268
    Welcome to Bleeker Street MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    So one of my favorite used bookstores sent out their monthly newsletters last week, and announced that they might be closing due to cash flow difficulties, and were having a 2 week "We need a cash infusion" sale where everything in the store was 30% off.

    I wasn't planning on spending more on back issues this year other than the convention next month, but I wanted to support the store and try to help to save it, so I decided to take part of my convention fund I had been saving to see if I could find anything I wanted at the shop.

    So I ended up getting 34 comics for $34 and change. I got 3 pricier back issues and 31 dollar books, which after discount average to about a dollar a book, so not bad.

    What I picked up:

    from the dollar bins:

    Arak Son of Thunder #2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 32, 36
    Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion #10
    Enemy Ace Special (classic Kubert cover)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Enemy_Ace_Special_Vol_1_1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	108366

    Ghosts 84, 1978 Special
    Girl Frenzy: Starman's The Mist #1
    Kamandi: 22, 23, 30 (all Kirby issue) and 34 (Kirby issue with Joe Kubert cover)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kamandi_34.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	108365

    Legend of the Hawkman #1 (Michael Lark art)
    Superman #400
    Unknown Soldier #204, 212, 228, 235, 244, 247 (Kubert covers all)
    Weird Western Tales featuring Jonah Hex 33 (Kubert cover)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weird_Western_Tales_Vol_1_33.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	108364

    Conan the Barbarian #126
    Crypt of Shadows 7
    Giant Size Man-Thing #2
    Marvel Premiere 41 (featuring Seeker 3000)
    Brute 2 (Atlas)

    and the non dollar books
    2001: A Space Odyssey #8 (Kirby book, last issue of run I needed)
    Martian Manhunter American Secrets #3 (last issue of mini I needed, picked up the other 2 from Lonestar)
    Master of Kung Fu #44 (one of 7 issues I needed to complete the run)

    So not a bad haul, a lot of stuff I would have looked for or picked up if I had found at the con anyways, plus I help support a local business I like.

    -M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

  14. #269
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,331

    Default

    Here is a video of my latest back issue haul. Enjoy it folks...

    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  15. #270
    Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,085

    Default

    @Superecwfan, nice to put a voice to the poster...

    Snagged this HC, never read for $4.25 plus shipping...delighted, certain buy-it-nows are as high as $50 plus this one came with a bonus, Campbell's autograph.


    1 Kings 21:23

    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •