Page 17 of 210 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel Bond View Post
    Traded one of my Midtown Spidey books, which cost me $12, for one of these, still sealed...retails for $99.95. It clocks in at almost 1000 pages...

Daaamn that is pretty awesome.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Here is the first of my purchases -- Amazing Spider-Man Annual 8, in VF-ish (8.0)condition:

This is the second of my purchases -- Amazing Spider-Man Annual 7, also in VF-ish (8.0) condition:

And last but certainly not least, Amazing Spider-Man #12, which is a VG (4.0) comic:

Luckily I was able to play shenanigans with the prices -- I had $135 in my LCS's "back issue bucks" and it was also my LCS's 30th anniversary sale which meant 30% off. Total price in real money, tax included $135 (US).

Fourteen more issues of ASM to go for a complete run (plus 3 annuals)!

--Tom
    My Favorites: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man

Almost Done Collecting ASM: Want issues 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, and 18 - Ann. 1 & 2

I just bought a decent sized lot of Action and Jimmy Olsen issues on another board. A guy was offering up 12 and even some 10 cent issues for a flat price of $2.50 each plus shipping. It was a feeding frenzy and I was outclaimed on a bunch of issues I really, really wanted. However, I still managed to pick up 10 issues of Action and 5 issues of Jimmy Olsen. With shipping the issues were $2.83 each.

I'm stoked for the Action issues, but I'm almost more excited for the Jimmy Olsens, as these are 10 centers from 1959. Getting Jimmy Olsen issues from 1969 for under $3 isn't too crazy, but from the 50's it's epic.

I will post photos once I receive the comics, but here's a list of the issues I got:

Action 350, 352, 355, 357, 358, 359, 377, 379, 382, 388
    Jimmy Olsen 39-43
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

More Batman goodness...hoping to add another bunch of Batman stuff soon, pictures to follow if I do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails det1.jpg   det2.jpg   det3.jpg  

OK, my birthday presents from my very thoughtful wife...

First up, is Amazing Spider-Man #104, formerly a CGC 9.2 comic:

Second (and last) is Amazing Spider-Man #106, also a former 9.2 CGC comic:

That brings me to a very awesome milestone -- I have a full run from 31-700! That's such an incredible feeling, after all these years of collecting, at least for me...

That also brings the magic number down to twelve -- 1-4, 6, 8-9, 11, 18 and 28-30. (I also need annuals 1, 2 & 4...)

Today is my 45th birthday, in case you were wondering. (And if you are really one of those crazy math people -- you may have figured out that I was indeed born on 2/4/68 ("Who do we appreciate?"))

Enough. Now back to your regularly scheduled pictures and lists of awesome classic comics!

--Tom
    Last edited by killerbass; 02-04-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Left out a quotation mark. The shame...
    My Favorites: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man

Almost Done Collecting ASM: Want issues 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, and 18 - Ann. 1 & 2

I believe this is the 3rd race of Flash vs Superman

I got these just awhile back. the covers got my attention I just had to grab em.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigtown38.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	108147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mis29.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	108148
    A couple of new ones.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killerbass View Post
    OK, my birthday presents from my very thoughtful wife...

First up, is Amazing Spider-Man #104, formerly a CGC 9.2 comic:

Second (and last) is Amazing Spider-Man #106, also a former 9.2 CGC comic:

That brings me to a very awesome milestone -- I have a full run from 31-700! That's such an incredible feeling, after all these years of collecting, at least for me...

That also brings the magic number down to twelve -- 1-4, 6, 8-9, 11, 18 and 28-30. (I also need annuals 1, 2 & 4...)

Today is my 45th birthday, in case you were wondering. (And if you are really one of those crazy math people -- you may have figured out that I was indeed born on 2/4/68 ("Who do we appreciate?"))

Enough. Now back to your regularly scheduled pictures and lists of awesome classic comics!

--Tom
    Congrats man on the milestone. That is a hell of a run you achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post

I got these just awhile back. the covers got my attention I just had to grab em.
    That is a cool issue...gonna look for Worlds Finest 199 at some point.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

It occurs to me that if they both hit the finish line banner Batman is holding at super-speed, they're probably going to rip his arm off. Just saying.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

My latest acquisition:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dc-18.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	108158

I won an Ebay auction Friday night for DC 100 Page Super-Spectacular # DC-18, Superman issue. I'm slowly trying to fill out this series that introduced the 100 page format that DC put out in the 70s. This one I got especially cheap, $1.50 plus shipping. An amazing price considering its condition. I'm not an expert, but there's no real signs of wear on the cover or spine (which is square bound and rare to find without any damage) and the pages inside are off-white.

The other comic in the shot was not even mentioned in the auction (which also included an Arbys kids meal giveaway of a build-it-yourself paper bobblehead (?) of Superman) and must have been thrown in as a bonus. Anyone here familiar with St. George comic? It's from Epic in 1988.

Total cost for the 100 page Superman, 1st issue of St. George, and the paper bobblehead thing, $6.75 with USPS Priority shipping that got the package that was sent on Saturday to my door on Monday. Good deal, I say.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Excellent!
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Yep. (And a team-up book for my purposes, so I own a copy. It's also my favorite single Dick Dillin drawn comic. :))
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Congrats man on the milestone. That is a hell of a run you achieved.

That is a cool issue...gonna look for Worlds Finest 199 at some point.
    Grab 198 as well if you can. thats when the race starts. I already had that one before 199.