Page 13 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    Attachment 107701 This may not be considered classic but its an out of print extremely rare TPB. its based on the Video game streets of rage. and the Paperback was never released in the states. its from UK, you can only get the Story in the states if you bought the sonic the hedghog comic books individually that had the streets of rage storyline at the end of each of the sonic books. its hard to find. I was lucky I got my hands on one off of ebay afew weeks ago for only $5.00. it was one of those ebay stores that has hundres of thousands of books that arent mainly related to comics and they happened to have this one. they didnt know what they had apparently. I tried adding it to my collection in comic collectorz, and its not even in there. maybe cause its an import. who knows.
    im a fan of comics based on early 90's video games, especially beat 'em ups. I have Marvel's Double Dragon (ok probably not good comics but my perception is warped by being a fan of the game), and the Street Fighter Ultimate Edition trades. Never even heard of this one, though judging by the cover is artwork is pretty horrible. Looks like it was drawn by a kid!

I've currently got like 7 different packages en route to me. Besides the lot of DC stuff I mentioned already, though, the others are all odds and ends or trades - not tpbs, I mean trades with other collectors.

dogwelder was nice enough to swap books with me in the classic comics exchange (which I will be showing off there when they arrive). I've also got the first seven issues of Peter Panzerfaust en route form someone (the first five in tpb form, so speculators can eat it!), as well as a big mixed lot of random comics that someone is giving me (I just had to pay $5 shipping). I'm not entirely sure what's in that box, but it's about 25 bronze and copper age books, including some Green Lanterns, Hercules limited series issues, Conan annuals and at least one issue of House of Secrets.

Besides those four boxes, I have three smaller purchases en route: one is Lois Lane #67. The second is Lois Lane #80, with this all-time classic (for Lois Lane) cover by Neal Adams:

And I'm really pleased about this one, as I've heard great things about this 1979 Avengers novel by David Michelinie:

At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Couldn't swear to it, but I think I own that Lois Lane.

Don't believe I've ever actually laid eyes on the Michelinie novel.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by CromagnonMan View Post
    im a fan of comics based on early 90's video games, especially beat 'em ups. I have Marvel's Double Dragon (ok probably not good comics but my perception is warped by being a fan of the game), and the Street Fighter Ultimate Edition trades. Never even heard of this one, though judging by the cover is artwork is pretty horrible. Looks like it was drawn by a kid!
    you never played Streets of Rage on the genesis ? Streets of rage 2 was the best one. Its kinda like final fight, you walk around through different stages taking thugs down. THe soundtrack is amazing. if you buy the Sonic genesis collection for PS3 or Xbox 360, its on there. only 20 bucks and its got like 40 games on it. its worth it.

but yeah, the cover kinda does suck. they didnt put alot of effort into it. its just rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    you never played Streets of Rage on the genesis ? Streets of rage 2 was the best one. Its kinda like final fight, you walk around through different stages taking thugs down. THe soundtrack is amazing. if you buy the Sonic genesis collection for PS3 or Xbox 360, its on there. only 20 bucks and its got like 40 games on it. its worth it.

but yeah, the cover kinda does suck. they didnt put alot of effort into it. its just rare.
    dont need to spend money...you can play all those classic 70s-90s arcade and console games and beyond via emulator on your PC, in crisp original low resolution to boot!

and yes, ive heard of Streets of Rage, but of course the original Japanese title for the game was Bare Knuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by CromagnonMan View Post
    dont need to spend money...you can play all those classic 70s-90s arcade and console games and beyond via emulator on your PC, in crisp original low resolution to boot!

and yes, ive heard of Streets of Rage, but of course the original Japanese title for the game was Bare Knuckle.
    Yeah I know about the original title. never played that version. if you ever download it play 2 for sure.

thought id post this since your also video game media collector. not sure if you have it but its nice TPB. ive had it since I was a kid.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-25 13.26.42.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	107718
    Last edited by Deadman25; 01-25-2013 at 11:32 AM.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Me and a buddy went to the Flea Market yesterday and we walked away with some good stuff. Of course he found me 2 books that will surprise many here. But here is the haul...

DC 1st Issue Special #9 (Doctor Fate issue)

GI Joe #100 (I love Cobra Commander going..."I'M BACK !"

Harley Quinn #17 (A great cover of Harley & Poison Ivy with Bizarro )

Hellblazer #35 , #36 , #64,#65 , #67 and #102

Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes #255

The Thing from another World #1 (Cold Climate , it picks up right after Carpenter's 1982 remake)

The Twilight Zone #45 & #59 (Gold Key)

Unexpected #201

Now my best finds....and my buddy found the final 2.

Fantastic Four Annual 10 (This reprints the marriage of Reed Richards and Sue Storm from Annual #4)

Origins of Marvel Comics

Sons of Origins

Yep its the two Firehouse books . My friend has them and I was always envious of those and he was like...you need to get these. So I scored them all...Sons of Origins is in NM shape while I put Origins in Very Good to Fine !
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yep its the two Firehouse books . My friend has them and I was always envious of those and he was like...you need to get these. So I scored them all...Sons of Origins is in NM shape while I put Origins in Very Good to Fine !
    By which you mean Fireside. Though maybe these belonged to firefighters.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Now my best finds....and my buddy found the final 2.
    Origins of Marvel Comics

I have Stan's copy of that one. Nice find! :)
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

I've still got the copies I bought new back in high school. God only knows how -- just about every other book I owned pre-1984 never made it back from Arizona, & of course I sold my comics collection in '81 so I could afford, in part, to move all my books from Arkansas to Arizona.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    By which you mean Fireside. Though maybe these belonged to firefighters.
    These are smoooookin hot....what can I say ...

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    I have Stan's copy of that one. Nice find! :)
    Yeah maybe one day if Stan Lee does Heroes again I may pay the $50 bucks and have him sign my copies.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Remember the Herculoids

Me and a buddy went to the Flea Market yesterday and we walked away with some good stuff. Of course he found me 2 books that will surprise many here. But here is the haul...

Fantastic Four Annual 10 (This reprints the marriage of Reed Richards and Sue Storm from Annual #4)
    I know this is overshadowed by your Fireside Books, but this was one of my favorite comics as a kid. I mean, it has everyone in it, at least for a panel. I studied it like a pirate studying a treasure map. Every time I saw something different. I have a copy of this up on my wall now. I think I like the reprint's cover better than the original's. Nice finds!

Quote Originally Posted by JerryinChicago View Post
    I know this is overshadowed by your Fireside Books, but this was one of my favorite comics as a kid. I mean, it has everyone in it, at least for a panel. I studied it like a pirate studying a treasure map. Every time I saw something different. I have a copy of this up on my wall now. I think I like the reprint's cover better than the original's. Nice finds!
    Thanks man....I really love those issues where something happens. I saw this and knew I wanted the marriage of Reed and Sue Richards.

Just pulled the trigger on an ebay lot. 12 comics for $12 shipped. Three of them were issues I don't care about - post-Crisis Superman stuff including the death of Superman in #75 - and one is a double, but the other eight were cool Bronze Age superman family books. Superman #251 and 259, Superboy #188, Jimmy Olsen #151, Adventure #454, Brave and the Bold #76 (looks like someone drove over it with a tractor), LSoH #3 (whatever) and World's Finest #225, which is a 100 Page Giant.

So basically $1.50 each for those eight. I'll take it!

At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Got some comics in the mail from icctrombone. The first three parts of the Machine Man 2020 mini (BWS!) and some extras that he threw in, including my first issue of Young Heroes in Love, which I'm excited for.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo