Page 11 of 210 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    Ok, in the concept of something I've purchased...... not so lately.... whadda think of this comic?

http://boards.collectors-society.com...17#Post6326617

If you're the kind of person who could grade a book based on pics over the net, I'd appreciate it. It's a book that I paid a decent sum for, but is worth a considerable amount more now. Thanks!
    I'll go with a 9.0-9.2 too...definitely within my finicky standards, and also a book I don't have because of the insane pricing...and the funny thing is, you can get issues #56-100 in high grade for a dollar each or less....(which I did)
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

My wife picked up a copy of The Horror! The Horror! Comic Books the Government Didn't Want You to Read by Jim Trombetta at the local thrift store the other day. It looks great, and includes a DVD of a 1955 TV "expose" of the evils of comic books.

http://www.amazon.com/Horror-Comic-B.../dp/0810955954

Now I need to win the lottery in order to have time to read all the things I've bought in the last year or two. The Emerald City con is at the end of next month and I have books I bought at last year's con that I haven't opened yet!
    --
    Rob Allen

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Hey Kids--

I went to the Orlando Toy and Comic Show this Sunday and picked up a few things:

They didn't have any Amazing Spider-Man that I needed that also was in the right condition/price range.

Take care!
    Tom
    My Favorites: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man

Almost Done Collecting ASM: Want issues 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, and 18 - Ann. 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by killerbass View Post
    Hey Kids--

I went to the Orlando Toy and Comic Show this Sunday and picked up a few things:

They didn't have any Amazing Spider-Man that I needed that also was in the right condition/price range.

Take care!
    Tom
    Wow! Fantastic grab! Always loved the Doc Strange #2 cover (it sports Howard the Duck's tag-line; wonder if it pre-dates the Duck), a classic Miller/Jansen Daredevil, and a GS Spider-Man (with what looks like a Gil Kane cover) which I've never read! Kudos!

Edited to add: I know the "hair-dryer-as-murder-weapon" is intended to demonstrate Bullseye's ability to turn ANYTHING into something lethal, but the fact that the Widow is a beautifully coiffured, slinkily-dressed heroine seemingly killed by an object of her own vanity does nothing to redeem Miller's reputation as an artist who "does unpleasant things to female characters. Repeatedly." Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Phil Maurice; 01-22-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    "Leviathans have tried and failed! You will not eat the true Sub-Mariner!"

Namor, Defenders #3

20% Cooler Than You Richard Bishop's Avatar

Hey Kids--

Take care!
    Tom
    Nice pick-ups! I have the Dr. Strange and Daredevil issues, but I haven't been able to find that Spidey/Doc Savage book in a condition worth the money being asked for.

Sorry you didn't find any of the ASMs you were hunting. Better luck next time.
    "I don't hate everybody. I think I'm better than everybody. It's completely different."

Currently Hunting:
    Marvel Two-in-One #1, and Werewolf by Night #32 (at a reasonable price)

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Hey Kids--

Take care!
    Tom
    I have that Doctor Strange #2. I need to get that Daredevil #160. Me and a buddy was discussing Daredevil last night and he needs like 2-3 issues to have the entire run of Miller's. I need maybe 10-15 issues myself to get that run. Good pickups man.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I just bought a lot of silver age DC books, including that Superboy #110 I mentioned earlier. They haven't arrived yet, but the haul is thus:

Star Spangled War Stories #135
    Lois Lane #64
    Superman #209
    Superboy #110, 140, 147, 160, 163, 164, 176
    Jimmy Olsen #97, 99, 102, 111, 114, 118, 120

The total was 17 comics for $43.25, or $2.45 each. Rock on.

The big highlight for me, even though I don't collect Superboy, is Superboy #160, featuring one of the coolest covers ever, courtesy of Neal Adams. My incoming copy:

At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    I just bought a lot of silver age DC books, including that Superboy #110 I mentioned earlier. They haven't arrived yet, but the haul is thus:
    An 80-Page Giant (& featuring the Legion, yet)! Be still my beating heart!
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Whoa--do any of those have Wally Wood inks? I think he worked sometime near that 147-160 era...
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

I've got all those & then some (I've got every issue from 110-on & am slowly working back to, I hope, 100; 6 ishes to go); Wood inked the pictured #160.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Star Spangled War Stories #135
    Lois Lane #64
    Superman #209
    Jimmy Olsen #97, 99, 102, 111, 114, 118, 120

The total was 17 comics for $43.25, or $2.45 each. Rock on.

The big highlight for me, even though I don't collect Superboy, is Superboy #160, featuring one of the coolest covers ever, courtesy of Neal Adams. My incoming copy:

I have #160 and debated actually getting Neal Adams to sign it. I finally went with having Green Lantern / Green Arrow #76 signed by him.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

I placed an order for the Herbie Archives Vol. 2 a few days ago. Loved volume 1 so much -- not just the stories and art, but the whole presentation of the book --, so can't wait for this to pop through my letterbox.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Mon View Post
    Out of about 8200, I have maybe a couple hundred I haven't read yet. Mostly from a short box I bought at a sale at my LCS and a few months backlog of new comics.

On the purchased topic, I just put in an order with mycomicshop for:

JCP Features #1
    Justice Machine Annual #1
    Blue Ribbon Comics #12
    Boris the Bear #11
    Thunder Bunny #11
    Thunder #1

Anybody know (without looking them up) what they have in common?
    I got my order from mycomicshop last week, and finally got around to taking a picture. So in case anyone actually wondered what they had in common:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunder.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	107661

Yes, they are all Thunder Agents appearances after the Tower line ended. Many of you are probably already familiar with their odd publishing history, how accountant John Carbonaro bought the rights from Tower and made several attempts to relaunch them (the two issues of JC Comics attempt I already had), as well as the period during which some (mainly David Singer) claimed that the Thunder Agents were public domain due to irregularities in the printing of the copyright statement on some issues. That brought us the unauthorized Deluxe Comics (which I also already had) and the Boris the Bear & Thunder Bunny appearances.

Since I have all of the DC Archive volumes for the original Thunder Agents, the JC Comics, Deluxe Comics series, & the two more recent DC series, this batch brings me one comic short of all of their non-reprint appearances (that one being Omni Comix #3 from Penthouse publishing, that mycomicshop didn't have). I know others have set more impressive goals of full or large runs of comics like Batman or Amazing Spider-Man, but this was an interest that was more achievable for me.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain