Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Well, so far i am having fun , why not you ?
    In case you're being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Can you really call a woman with a super-strong bionic arm handi-capped?
    I was just trying to be fair and accurate in my description of her but yes, she can be consider as handicapped because last time i check organic natural arms can't be hacked by villains but that's just an strict interpretation.

Why would I care about strangle my enemies with their own bare hands when i can just explode them in tiny little pieces of flesh, bone and whatever they may be bring with them at the occasion.

From this point of view people without armor or energy shields are handicapped.

Misty Knight is an awesome character an I am anxious to see her full potential developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    In case you're being serious.
    I am not Batman, that's for sure !

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I was just trying to be fair and accurate in my description of her but yes, she can be consider as handicapped because last time i check organic natural arms can't be hacked by villains but that's just an strict interpretation.

Why would I care about strangle my enemies with their own bare hands when i can just explode them in tiny little pieces of flesh, bone and whatever they may be bring with them at the occasion.

From this point of view people without armor or energy shields are handicapped.

Misty Knight is an awesome character an I am anxious to see her full potential developed.
    Well a fair and accurate description of her would be that she's an ex-slaver since she did capture Moon-boy so that the government could experiment on him. I think she -like many women at marvel- have had potential for a long time now, but I also think that marvel is too much of a boys frat house to do any serious work on female characters.

Marvel had their chance with their 2 biggest female characters who could rival Wonder Woman : Jean Grey and Storm. And they crapped on them for over a decade. Granted, Jean was dead and it made sense to continue Emma's relationship with Scott, but Storm could've been catapulted to new heights of glory in the last 7 years. However all we get is a sham of a marriage and Doomwar. Captain Marvel isn't going to be Marvel's foremost female hero just yet, even if she's being marketed so.

I'm really excited by the prospects of this series, and adding Hippolyta makes it even more interesting (hopefully).

Though, given Marvel's recent track record with female leads, it's hard to not think they will find a way to muck it up.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Marvel had their chance with their 2 biggest female characters who could rival Wonder Woman : Jean Grey and Storm. And they crapped on them for over a decade. Granted, Jean was dead and it made sense to continue Emma's relationship with Scott, but Storm could've been catapulted to new heights of glory in the last 7 years. However all we get is a sham of a marriage and Doomwar. Captain Marvel isn't going to be Marvel's foremost female hero just yet, even if she's being marketed so.
    They are trying with Cap, but I feel sort of sorry for Ms. Deconik. To me at least Carol never has recovered from being the main government attack dog in cw. Beating a woman to the ground in front of her daughter just pushed her too far into the supervillain category for me. So I barely even look at the current Captain Marvel book and it would take something really, really good to change my mind. I've talked to a few others in my lcs and they feel the same way. So many of the marvel characters have been so tarred these last few years it's hard to see them as heroes. Plus I don't like the art on the title. Emma Frost... I remember when she stole Storm's body and for the life of me I can't imagine why Scott would have anything to do with her considering she was helping the Hellfire Club when they forced Jean into the Dark Pheonix roll. I know everyone says she's reformed but I just don't see it.
    I think the only female in marvel that's made any progress at all over the years is Sue Richards and even she backpedles a bit when ever they need her to.

Emma Frost became a teacher at the Xavier school after Genosha was destroyed and all her students there got killed except Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

She was responsible for destroying Cassandra Nova the 1st time, and she tricked her into going into the body of Stuff when Nova came back. I think its safe to say Emma's on the side of the angels and has been for a long time. She was my favorite part of Grant Morrison's run. Her bitchy, shallow, petty and overcompensating attitude hasn't been captured right by any writer since, except Whedon and Gillen. Matt Fraction pretty much dumped on her during his run.

You tell her, Auntie Emma.
    Last edited by The Man From Room X; 01-09-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Emma Frost became a teacher at the Xavier school after Genosha was destroyed and all her students there got killed except Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

She was responsible for destroying Cassandra Nova the 1st time, and she tricked her into going into the body of Stuff when Nova came back. I think its safe to say Emma's on the side of the angels and has been for a long time. She was my favorite part of Grant Morrison's run. Her bitchy, shallow, petty and overcompensating attitude hasn't been captured right by any writer since, except Whedon and Gillen. Matt Fraction pretty much dumped on her during his run.

No she still doesn't get a pass for using Storms body to sleep with sebastion Shaw. She raped storm mentally and Physically. I really don't see why Storm even tolerates her Presence. She also manipulated and Continued and Extramarital affair with a Cyclops and then rubbed it in the wifes face. She will never have my respect like Cyclops will never have my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    No she still doesn't get a pass for using Storms body to sleep with sebastion Shaw. She raped storm mentally and Physically. I really don't see why Storm even tolerates her Presence. She also manipulated and Continued and Extramarital affair with a Cyclops and then rubbed it in the wifes face. She will never have my respect like Cyclops will never have my respect.
    Would you forgive Jean Grey for putting Emma in a catatonic state? If so, isn't that mindrape as well?

The curious one.

Yea, that is part of the game marvel loves to play with it's characters, first their evil, then they cry a bit, the heroes welcome them... All really phony to me. The only one who ever had the right reaction to Emma was Kitty. In my opinion redemption is just very easy in the mu and forgiveness comes way too easy. This is part of the 'edgy' marvel that has completely obliterated at times the difference between the heroes and the villains. This is still the woman who helped push Jean into being Dark Pheonix and the woman who stole Storm's body.

The curious one.

Would you forgive Jean Grey for putting Emma in a catatonic state? If so, isn't that mindrape as well?
    I'd call it assault, but I haven't read that issue.

Yea, that is part of the game marvel loves to play with it's characters, first their evil, then they cry a bit, the heroes welcome them... All really phony to me. The only one who ever had the right reaction to Emma was Kitty. In my opinion redemption is just very easy in the mu and forgiveness comes way too easy. This is part of the 'edgy' marvel that has completely obliterated at times the difference between the heroes and the villains. This is still the woman who helped push Jean into being Dark Pheonix and the woman who stole Storm's body.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree.

This is still the woman who helped push Jean into being Dark Pheonix and the woman who stole Storm's body.
    Are you sure of that ? Because her suddenly discover of new power sound to convenient for some who should most certainly die. Prove me wrong but even years later that look suspicious.