Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah...one of my biggest gripes with Marvel was their putting my favourite character of theirs on the backburner for almost a decade. Please don't knock Fearless Defenders too much. Valkyrie, at least, deserves a shot to helm a team herself for once, now that they've taken her out of the cupboard, finally, in 2010.

Even if it's just 12 issues, I'm definitely collecting every single one. And besides, it's cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    In terms of staying with female characters DC has done far better than marvel.
    Yeah, i give you that, far better than Marvel into degrading and twisting their original characteristic back into oblivion while blocking character development more efficient than the Republican Party at blocking all Obama efforts to restore American Jobs. I can't wait to see Dan DiDio living his last days of his live at a Gulag digging his food from the dirty with his bare hands.

Sorry Dan but at least Joe Quesada doesn't look like a parody of a criminal. DiDio looks like Snidley Whiplash !

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Sorry Dan but at least Joe Quesada doesn't look like a parody of a criminal. DiDio looks like Snidley Whiplash !
    I always thought that DiDio looked like the thug that tried to rob Steve and Diana after they left the bar in the Wonder Woman animated film, myself, even if Bruce Timm voiced the part.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Yeah, i give you that, far better than Marvel into degrading and twisting their original characteristic back into oblivion while blocking character development more efficient than the Republican Party at blocking all Obama efforts to restore American Jobs.
    I've yet to meet the DC female who fell in love with her rapist/son.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by lcg16 View Post
    Yeah...one of my biggest gripes with Marvel was their putting my favourite character of theirs on the backburner for almost a decade. Please don't knock Fearless Defenders too much. Valkyrie, at least, deserves a shot to helm a team herself for once, now that they've taken her out of the cupboard, finally, in 2010.

Even if it's just 12 issues, I'm definitely collecting every single one. And besides, it's cheap!
    It's not 3.99 then?

Yeah, it's 2.99, which is really what gives me the most hope for it going past 12 issues. =P

The curious one.

Yeah, i give you that, far better than Marvel into degrading and twisting their original characteristic back into oblivion while blocking character development more efficient than the Republican Party at blocking all Obama efforts to restore American Jobs. I can't wait to see Dan DiDio living his last days of his live at a Gulag digging his food from the dirty with his bare hands.

Well lets see, I've already mentioned Tigra and Ms. Marvel, I think Tigra actually had a title for a few minutes once. But marvel -to take your rather hate political analogy to the other side- no, actually I won't bother with that part of it, there's no answer for political hate like that. You want to sound like an MSNBC anchor go right ahead.

My point though was that DC has put out title after title featuring female characters in one form or another, trying different writer/artist teams, characterizations, premises, plots... while marvel has basically blown big event after big event at the comic book reader and in many of those big events the females were either extras or there to die. Sue went crawling back to Reed after cw, only gave him a mean look during wwh, Tony lied to Jen, slept with her, used an un-tested weapon to depower her and then left her with a torn uniform and peniless in New Jersey, Tigra's best defense against the Hood seemed to be screaming a lot, the Hawkeye killed a Mockingbird in SI.... I could go on but I won't as I'm tired. I ask you though, how many titles has marvel put out in the past five years or even ten years that feature a female in the lead and how long have they lasted?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    ....how many titles has marvel put out in the past five years or even ten years that feature a female in the lead and how long have they lasted?

I am not looking for quantity, my need is for quality and consistence. They made in the recent past the Ms.Marvel comic book and for 50 issues that's a good start.

I am not looking for quantity, my need is for quality and consistence. They made in the recent past the Ms.Marvel comic book and for 50 issues that's a good start.
    Well, you're not gonna find that at Marvel.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

I am loving this
    Hippolyta “Warrior Woman” daughter of the god Ares and Otrera and “granddaughter” of the god Zeus fighting alongside one of my favorite marvel characters Valkyrie with her flying unicorn.

I can remember over a year ago stating how I wish Wonder Woman would have a flying unicorn instead of that invisible jet and low and behold they gave one to Valkyrie.
    I think this is great.
    I sure hope Marvel gets it right this time and treats Hippolyta with the respect she deserves after all they are saying she is going to be a hero on the good side.

You rock Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Well, you're not gonna find that at Marvel.
    I beg to differ Sir, tell me where you can find a handicap african-american female superhero as a main protagonist in any DC Comics current New 52's books ?

Only on Fearless Defenders you will be able to see that. Meanwhile DC alienate audiences of all sorts, they alienate women, african-american, latinos, jews, rednecks, turtlenecks, teenagers, underagers, kids and people across all gay versus straight spectrum, can you find any branch of the nerd 13th tribes who didn't get to be offended or pissed off by DC Comics in the past 30 years ?

Thanks God we have an equal opportunity employer like Marvel, i tell you this, they may get you pissed along the way but at least eventually they will deliver what you want. It's hard to be cheesy when you get a wide variety of people to please before empty their pockets and wallets.

Back to the topic, Hippolyta has golden blonde dreadlocks because makes sense, they already have Misty Knight on the team so she gets the preference for pick up the afro hair styles first, is a matter of politeness with her co-workers. To overcompensate this and keep the Greek themed costume going on Hippye gets most of the bling because Valkyrie already gets the silver and any kind of jewelry on Misty would be redundant, stereotypical and offensive for most african-americans but both the Norse and Greek people really don't care (Europe is mostly broke, you know ? Specially Greece, that why Hyppolita move her gold to America, mostly to off shore non-deductible and untraceable bank accounts because I.R.S. is too greedy and she doesn't need affordable healthcare anyway).

And she was supposed to be dead ? Come on folks, some people complain about crucifixion but let me tell you something : nails holes at your hands and feet are no big deal comparing with the injures you get after be decapitated, call back when your God learn how to sew your head back to your body in three days or less without assistance during some quality time IN HELL ( do you see now why she don't care for healthcare ? She can perform her own brain surgeries).

BANNED

I am really not sure of The Shadow is meant to be taken seriously at this point.

The curious one.

I beg to differ Sir, tell me where you can find a handicap african-american female superhero as a main protagonist in any DC Comics current New 52's books ?

Only on Fearless Defenders you will be able to see that. Meanwhile DC alienate audiences of all sorts, they alienate women, african-american, latinos, jews, rednecks, turtlenecks, teenagers, underagers, kids and people across all gay versus straight spectrum, can you find any branch of the nerd 13th tribes who didn't get to be offended or pissed off by DC Comics in the past 30 years ?

Thanks God we have an equal opportunity employer like Marvel, i tell you this, they may get you pissed along the way but at least eventually they will deliver what you want. It's hard to be cheesy when you get a wide variety of people to please before empty their pockets and wallets.

Back to the topic, Hippolyta has golden blonde dreadlocks because makes sense, they already have Misty Knight on the team so she gets the preference for pick up the afro hair styles first, is a matter of politeness with her co-workers. To overcompensate this and keep the Greek themed costume going on Hippye gets most of the bling because Valkyrie already gets the silver and any kind of jewelry on Misty would be redundant, stereotypical and offensive for most african-americans but both the Norse and Greek people really don't care (Europe is mostly broke, you know ? Specially Greece, that why Hyppolita move her gold to America, mostly to off shore non-deductible and untraceable bank accounts because I.R.S. is too greedy and she doesn't need affordable healthcare anyway).

And she was supposed to be dead ? Come on folks, some people complain about crucifixion but let me tell you something : nails holes at your hands and feet are no big deal comparing with the injures you get after be decapitated, call back when your God learn how to sew your head back to your body in three days or less without assistance during some quality time IN HELL ( do you see now why she don't care for healthcare ? She can perform her own brain surgeries).
    Can you really call a woman with a super-strong bionic arm handi-capped?

Handicapped. Yeah, no. Misty is handicapped in the same way Cyborg is. Which means, for the purposes of the story, not at all.

Look, I'm really looking forward to Fearless Defenders, solely because it has Misty Knight (enough reason to check out a book, really). And its got the potential to be Marvel's BoP. I didn't like Bunn's Valkyrie in his Fear Itself maxi series, she seemed one-note. However his Dani should be able to make up for that. And I'm glad you're excited for it too, but you sure do give the impression that you're trolling at this point.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I am really not sure of The Shadow is meant to be taken seriously at this point.
    Well, so far i am having fun , why not you ?