Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Looks like old WW's finally coming over to the other side of the comic book, sort of

I would like for you all to read this and tell me whether or not it may cause some "Problems" down the road...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43033

I thinks this is great and I love the design! I was pretty excited about this book and adding an amazon powerhouse to the team has me even more excited.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Between Captain Marvel and Fearless Defenders, it does seem like Marvel is fishing for the fans of the real Wonder Woman.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

I plan on giving The Fearless Defenders a try
    Last edited by This; 01-07-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Between Captain Marvel and Fearless Defenders, it does seem like Marvel is fishing for the fans of the real Wonder Woman.
    Ive read the whole first arc of Captain marvel and was pretty bad. And I want to know why Hypollita is alive now since last time we say her she was shagging Hercules and was killed by her Crazy daughter who was a wonder women Expy who also wanted to shag hercules. Marvels Hypolita is nothing of what yah want from yah amazons lol

BANNED

I hope you're right but not for the same reason.

The curious one.

Marvel does FEM Force? Last time I saw Misty Knight she was rounding up Devil Dinosaur and Moonboy so that she could sell them to a government agency for experimentation. But this marvel, not a lot of moral structure there. Making their own Wonder Woman is something I guess should have been expected after the swipe of Captain Marvel.
    The title may or may not be good, but unless they drop the price I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I would like for you all to read this and tell me whether or not it may cause some "Problems" down the road...
    What kind of 'problems' do you think it could possibly cause?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    What kind of 'problems' do you think it could possibly cause?
    Who knows just don't go in expecting The Hypolitta you know or Amazons as nice as the current ones. They are all Bigger dicks than most in the Marvel universe, and a bit Man-crazy.

yes...THE Wonderman. RealWonderman's Avatar

Let's see...designed by Phil Jiminez, and:
    Pyle noted that Hippolyta wasn't necessarily a hero that last time readers saw her, so it will be interesting to see how she interacts with this team. "She's going to be going by the hero name 'Warrior Woman' whether she wants to or not," she said.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=1357589491
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??
    Twitter: Ryan Klaus @RealWonderman

I'd rather if some dude shows up to put a wrench in things. I don't see Iron Fist anywhere in Marvel Now and he's supposed to be Misty's boyfriend.

As for Hippolyta, so far all I'm seeing is just a Greek version of Valkyrie with an overdesigned costume.

They're going to have to try harder, because Cap's book is selling 21k as of #7. People aren't magically going to turn and read Wolverine or Daredevil if they hate the current Batman, you know.

EDIT: I just checked Wikipedia and it says:

Hippolyta is the daughter of the Greek god of war Ares and Otrera. She and her sister Amazons would help create war, stealing the female children in the process in order to make their armies grow. The group protected the cow-goddess Io as a favor to her grandfather Zeus.

Much later, Hippolyta reappeared in the pages of Incredible Hercules, visiting her father Ares in an attempt to rally him to one of Hera's new schemes. Ares rebuffs her, however, and when Hippolyta returns, she is murdered by her daughter Artume, who is tired of her mother's obsession with Hercules.

During the
    Dark Reign storyline, Hippolyta is among the dead people in Erebus when Hercules travels to the Underworld.
    Hmm yeah sure, this will attract fans of classic DC Hippolyta. [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by The Man From Room X; 01-07-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Well, it's a Marvel book, so, anyone want to place bets on how much of the readers will be lost after the first couple issues?

DC Comics is screwed ! Keep the pace Marvel, you are doing right !

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I think Sif is a good enough Wonder Woman by herself. Hippolyta the Warrior Woman...right now, seems like a bit much.

The title may or may not be good, but unless they drop the price I'll pass.
    It is $3.

I hate the arrogant DC only fan impression that any powered female character in Marvel MUST be a copy of Wonder Woman. Have you even read Captain Marvel?

And sorry to break it to you but Hippolyta is a character from Greek mythology and when using a Greek mythological character such as Hercules, she's someone who would probably end up being included. Marvel can have a take on the character same as DC can.