Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

At the very least I'm glad Supergirl is still being involved in this. That and it's not often we see a bonding moment between her and Lois.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    That Wonder Woman movie was great! Hopefully they will do something like that for the live action one, I only wish there was some kind of shared universe, I miss the days of the DCAU and their crossovers.
    I miss it too, and some of these movies intentionally aim for the DCAU look-and-feel. However, I also appreciate that keeping these films separate gives WB more creative freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    That Wonder Woman movie was great! Hopefully they will do something like that for the live action one,
    They did "Tales Of The Green Lantern Corps" when the 2011 film came out, I'm betting they will for the others if they get solo films.

I only wish there was some kind of shared universe, I miss the days of the DCAU and their crossovers.
    Well, these are for newcommers as much as long term fans. So they have to be given as wide a berth as possible.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Looks better than the art style for the last film.
    If by "the last film" you mane Superman vs. The Elite, I agree. It actually looks a bit closer to the style they used for Under the Red Hood.

It's a shame they couldn't do more to emulate the style of the original comic artist of this story, Gary Frank.. I don't mind the manga like style they're going with, but it would have been nice of them to try and get in the ball park of the original artist, like they did to a certain extent with All Star Superman. Based on comments made at the time that came out, it sounds like you can't truly nail the print artists look in animation.. But it doesn't look like they even tried with this. Love the story arc though and looking forward to seeing it in motion.
    'It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack."

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    It's a shame they couldn't do more to emulate the style of the original comic artist of this story, Gary Frank.. I don't mind the manga like style they're going with, but it would have been nice of them to try and get in the ball park of the original artist, like they did to a certain extent with All Star Superman. Based on comments made at the time that came out, it sounds like you can't truly nail the print artists look in animation.. But it doesn't look like they even tried with this. Love the story arc though and looking forward to seeing it in motion.
    I'm not familiar with the storyline this is based on, but I am familiar with Gary Frank's work and it's probably a bit too on the :photorealistic side" (he literally drew Superman to look like Christopher Reeve) to work well in an animated presentation.

So this animated movie has three of the actors (Matt Bomer, Stana Katic, and Molly Quinn) from two of my favorites shows (White Collar and Castle)? HELL YEAH! I'm so watching this.

DC's animated features constantly blow me away with their quality and this one looks like it'll maintain that trend. To date, Justice League Doom and All Star Superman are my favorites. I thought Superman vs. the Elite was okay, but I didn't care for the animation style. This looks like it'll improve on that style while drawing from some really good source material. While I'm more excited to see what a Flashpoint animated feature involves, I'll gladly enjoy this along with the Dark Knight Returns as I wait.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    DC's animated features constantly blow me away with their quality and this one looks like it'll maintain that trend. To date, Justice League Doom and All Star Superman are my favorites. I thought Superman vs. the Elite was okay, but I didn't care for the animation style. This looks like it'll improve on that style while drawing from some really good source material. While I'm more excited to see what a Flashpoint animated feature involves, I'll gladly enjoy this along with the Dark Knight Returns as I wait.
    I'm partial to Crisis on Two Earths, myself. I would love to see WB make a Flash-centric film.

John Noble as Brainiac sounds awesome.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Hmm I'm interested in seeing how he does, I can't yet hear him in my mind as Superman. Can't wait to see the full trailer!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I'm not familiar with the storyline this is based on, but I am familiar with Gary Frank's work and it's probably a bit too on the :photorealistic side" (he literally drew Superman to look like Christopher Reeve) to work well in an animated presentation.
    Thats one of the reasons why I love Gary Frank drawing Superman. The movie may not be his art style but back when I was reading this in 2008 I never thought I would get to see it as an animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Kinda reminds me of the animation from Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
    That is interesting because this will be the first DC DTV I will buy since Apocalypse. It will be interesting to see what elements from Superman: Brainiac will make it into this movie. I'm glad James Tucker will direct this because he did not get a chance to introduce Supergirl into his Batman: The Brave and the Bold show.