Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    The trope specifically refers to the preponderance of women being reduced to nothing but plot devices. Comics are male-dominated. Gender is intrinsic to the trope. Characters of any gender can certainly be fridged, but that trope has nothing to do with it if it's a guy, because it isn't reflective of a larger gender issue in the medium.
    I disagree, obviously, but to settle things, let's keep it at Gender Inverted and call it a day. Dramatically, I still find it of poor quality.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    But this isn't JH.
    You did not read the Interview.

It really grinds my gears how a book with such heavy bias against it can consistently have some of the most active threads this side of the X-Boards.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    The trope specifically refers to the preponderance of women being reduced to nothing but plot devices. Comics are male-dominated. Gender is intrinsic to the trope. Characters of any gender can certainly be fridged, but that trope has nothing to do with it if it's a guy, because it isn't reflective of a larger gender issue in the medium.
    Yes, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    It really grinds my gears how a book with such heavy bias against it can consistently have some of the most active threads this side of the X-Boards.
    It's great though. It's all Publicity for the book, and from what Hopeless is saying in this interview, it's paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Gotta get some WD40.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    It's great though. It's all Publicity for the book, and from what Hopeless is saying in this interview, it's paying off.
    It'll be interesting to see how the sales bare out over the next few months. I enjoy the book and its success.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

The thing is most people who read it and give it negative reviews and such aren't buying it. They may of bought #1 but they are not buying any other issues. People just read it in the store or borrow it. So the activity is a lie.
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

Any particular reason why?
    The first 2 or 3 issues should be establishing the threat, and the 3rd or 4th should be motivations, because the plan is the arguable one of the most crucial parts of the story. I shouldn't have to ask why unless it's a "good guy gone bad " type of thing, or a mystery. It also bogs the narrative down by not explaining Arcades powers until 7 month's after the 1st issue.
    Wonder Man > Wonder Woman

All of entertainment can be boiled down to either Sex or Death

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    The thing is most people who read it and give it negative reviews and such aren't buying it. They may of bought #1 but they are not buying any other issues. People just read it in the store or borrow it. So the activity is a lie.
    Most people are giving it positive reviews though. It maybe just seems negative because there are 5 or 6 very vocal posters who repeatedly criticise it in every thread.

Yup. This is pretty accurate in the grand scheme of its forum popularity.

No amount of modern revisionism by the vocal internet minority can change the good work Bendis has done.

Most people are giving it positive reviews though. It maybe just seems negative because there are 5 or 6 very vocal posters who repeatedly criticise it in every thread.
    The negativity comes from online reviews from fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonage2ftw View Post
    The first 2 or 3 issues should be establishing the threat, and the 3rd or 4th should be motivations, because the plan is the arguable one of the most crucial parts of the story. I shouldn't have to ask why unless it's a "good guy gone bad " type of thing, or a mystery. It also bogs the narrative down by not explaining Arcades powers until 7 month's after the 1st issue.
    No the evil that does not get explained is way more treating then the evil that does most of the time.

No, for #1 there were only a minimal amount of positive reviews, and any review of around three stars stated that Walker's art is gorgeous. #2 received more positive reviews but the pointless death in the first five minutes lowered the ratings as well.

It is only on here that I see a larger positive reaction about the book than negative and that is only because the positive reactions are posting.
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

No, for #1 there were only a minimal amount of positive reviews, and any review of around three stars stated that Walker's art is gorgeous. #2 received more positive reviews but the pointless death in the first five minutes lowered the ratings as well.

It is only on here that I see a larger positive reaction about the book than negative and that is only because the positive reactions are posting.
    ????????????
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!