Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Live the Hogs Burning Eyes's Avatar

Action Comics #15

I just finished reading Action Comics #1 and really liked the ending of the train hitting Superman and that being part of Lex Luthor's plan to capture Supes. Can't wait to read the rest.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Action 15 is probably the winner, for me, but right in there are Action 9, Action 13, Batman Inc 1, Wonder Woman 12....

But yeah, Action 15.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Batman #5 without a single doubt in my mind. I have never read a comic so different and unique in its storytelling before, dragging me into its own insanity and messed up world. It also stands as the only comic to ever make me doubt that the main character will survive the issue. Just those moments... No other writer has ever done that before.
    Oh, yeah, that was an awesome one. The funny thing is, I actually got it digitally, so I had to keep turning my computer upside down or to the side in order to read the text right-side up. But man, one hell of an issue.

Batman #10 was also incredibly good for me. When all of the pieces fell into place. And then the ending speech from Lincoln March, I just...wow...Snyder's Batman is one of the best things in comics right now.

I'm also gonna chime in to the chorus saying Wonder Woman #12. It, along with many others, I can put on my favorites list of 2012.

I'm also gonna say Justice League Dark #9 as well.

Damn. I guess I liked a lot more than what I thought I did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    I just finished reading Action Comics #1 and really liked the ending of the train hitting Superman and that being part of Lex Luthor's plan to capture Supes. Can't wait to read the rest.
    If you're not reading it in trade, be sure to skip to issues 7-8 after issue 4. Then read 5-6.

Yeah it's kind of dumb, but that's what happens when the artist can't finish on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    If you're not reading it in trade, be sure to skip to issues 7-8 after issue 4. Then read 5-6.

Yeah it's kind of dumb, but that's what happens when the artist can't finish on time.
    Wait so I should read issues 1-4, then 7 & 8, then 5 & 6?!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Wait so I should read issues 1-4, then 7 & 8, then 5 & 6?!
    Pretty much. 1-4, 7-8 is one story. 5-6 is separate.

There were a lot of stand out issues, Batman was spectacular but consistently so, it's hard for me to pick just one. For me I really loved Justice League Dark #0, the back story of John and Zatanna was fantastic!

Action Comics 13, 14, or 15
    Last edited by HXHAlex; 01-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Pretty much. 1-4, 7-8 is one story. 5-6 is separate.
    Thx, after that is there an order I should read the Annual in?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Action Comics #15 for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Action Comics #14, hands down.
    Action Comics #15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Flash #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eyes View Post
    Action Comics #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    Action Comics 14, or 15
    I'm pretty sure all those came out in 2013. Just making sure people caught the 2012 bit in the title. Still appreciate the recommendations though.

Nope, #16 is going to be the first issue of Action Comics of 2013.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-08-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nope, #16 is going to be the issue of Action Comics of 2013.
    I was just going by the cover dates posted on The Comic Book Data Base.
    Now I'm questioning its accuracy

BANNED

They tend to put the cover year a few months before that year after starts.

To answer the other question, the Annual is pretty much self-contained, and it's written by the backup feature writer Sholly Fisch. I would probably read it after #12, just because that's how it's collected in trade, I think.

Action #15.