Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    I'm all for Surge and Mercury but Pixie is not bad at all dude!
    Did you read X-Infernus or Pixie Strikes Back? She's fun as hell!

still I really want to see Surge upfront and center in an on going book again :( such a cool character and her Ultimate version kinda sucks (assuming Nomi is Ultimate Surge)
    In all honesty, I don't dislike Pixie THAT much. I just don't find her as interesting as the majority of the New X-Men team (Gentle for example, where's that guy at!?). X-Infernus was okay, I'll give Pixie Strikes Back a go.
    “Val Cooper, I heard you scream Madrox’s name. Did he leave a rubber snake in your coffee cup, or were you simply having an erotic nightmare about him?” - Quicksilver

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Just give us "Mercury: Kicks into High Gear" already Marvel. She's like Amy Adams in "Drop Dead Gorgeous".
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by lukeseymoup View Post
    Gentle for example, where's that guy at!?
    Black Panther killed him.
    [x]

san francisco - the free range twink farm

It hurts me that only the worst New X-Man found success (looking your way, Pixie!)

From the latest Hatchette Preview Catalog for Marvel Collections, The NOW! Omnibus , contains a "X-Men #1", so this is just going to be a relaunched "X-Men" book.
    Last edited by MagnaInferno; 01-10-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post
    From the latest Hatchette Preview Catalog for Marvel Collections, The NOW! Omnibus , contains a "X-Men #1", so this is just going to be a relaunched "X-Men" book.
    Just?

A bit late to the party but this is fantastic news.
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker

Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

I'm cool with a relunch of adjectiveless.
    just as long as Armor's in the line up.

Seriously Marvel, give me a reason to buy at least ONE of your NOW! books on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I'm cool with a relunch of adjectiveless.
    just as long as Armor's in the line up.

Seriously Marvel, give me a reason to buy at least ONE of your NOW! books on a regular basis.
    Your serious? You like not one of the NOW titles? Well, then you might better give up on Marvel Comics....

Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Your serious? You like not one of the NOW titles? Well, then you might better give up on Marvel Comics....
    correction then, at least one NOW! X-book.
    I've picked up Iron-Man recently.
    and I'm still invested in the Ultimate Comics X-men series (also being written by Brian Wood).

I've given up on Watxm
    NEVER liked ANXM since i hate the stupid concept.
    UA isn't stable enough of a release title (and I'm not crazy on it anyway).
    Astonishing lost me after the cast switch.
    Legacy doesn't offend, but didn't attract me so far (Legion is the main sticking point).
    Cable and X-force suffers from the simple fact that i NEVER liked Cable, and throwing Hope in as a main character didn't help any.
    and Uncanny (X-men/X-force) Isn't out yet, so I'll wait and see on that one.

But mostly, I'm just pissed off that the same fucking characters keep getting reused over and over again.
    one of the best period, IMO was during the Blue/Gold team era of the 90's when you had two different X-teams that at least TRIED to utilize as many characters as possible over 2 books.

not including this new "XX" Marvel NOW! has got 8 f#@king X-books.
    that's easily enough room to give 60 different characters a spotlight at least.
    and yet, many of the same characters keep showing up in multiple books, while many other characters keep falling to the wayside.

Regenesis at least tried going for a more even spread with each book mostly consisting of its own cast.
    NOW! just stopped trying.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 01-11-2013 at 01:47 AM.

gerbil on a wheel SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post
    Hm, wonder if that points to "Birth" being a mini-series, since whatever it is obviously isn't included.

As I've said on the Polaris thread, I like the idea of an all-female cast as well, and I'd love to see Lorna on such a team. Unfortunately, I don't think she'd get the chance she deserves. Marvel sorely underestimates her worth, and regularly ignores or dismantles her potential, especially if a writer gives her development that might pull her out of the hole she keeps getting pushed back into. We especially saw this with how she could have played a meaningful role during Avengers vs X-Men in interaction with Wanda, given that Wanda stripping Lorna of her powers resulted in a great deal of suffering for Lorna and they're the most high-profile sister relationship Marvel has, yet Lorna was little more than a couple nameless cameos. Aside from that complication, I doubt Peter David would allow her to be used on a book outside X-Factor for more than one or two issues, and as noted, I don't think Marvel values Lorna's potential enough to take the step of taking her off X-Factor to put her on a different book like they did with Havok.

I'd be excited for the new book if Lorna was on it, but I doubt she'll get that chance, no matter how perfect she'd be for the book.

I've also always thought a Polaris solo miniseries or oneshot had a lot of potential. She has over four decades of plotlines she has been involved in that subsequent writers practically refuse to acknowledge. Mind-controlled by Erik the Red, possessed by Malice, stripped of her powers by her supposed sister Zaladane (I say supposed because actual status is still up in the air; she could be a liar, she could be Lorna's sister on her MOTHER'S side, etc), used as a nexus by Shadow King, Magneto's protege on Genosha and living through the Genoshan massacre (and I'm absolutely stunned this plot point is almost purposely ignored by every writer since then; I don't care if they hate it, that was a huge traumatic moment in her life), stripped of her powers a second time on M-Day, made into Pestilence by Apocalypse AND an anti-Apocalypse cult tried to kill her before she went into space, and still more I haven't listed. There's enough material built up by decades of background use that following up on them could last for years when you consider a basic story arc in a monthly ongoing could take 3-4 months to reach conclusion.

Outside my Lorna talk, I anticipate the team will have either Storm or Scarlet Witch as the leader. Storm seems like the most likely character on account of being hyped up like mad for several decades; Marvel seems to give opportunities only to the most hyped up characters, as we've seen with Wolverine. Scarlet Witch is a little less likely since it seems like they want to keep her over on Avengers, but if there was willingness for her to be a regular on an X-title, she would be guaranteed a leader spot.

I don't see Rogue getting on the team; Carey was her champion. I don't imagine her getting extended opportunities without a champion to promote her, in the same way Lorna hasn't been able to get more use and have her full potential explored since Austen left. I also don't see Emma Frost on the team because even though she's been featured a lot, Marvel seems to be trying really hard to keep it so she can only appear wherever Cyclops also appears.

Of course, all if this is just fun prediction on my part. I'm not saying I somehow "know" any of this will definitely pan out this way, it's my expectations.
    X-Poster of July 24th, 2013, 6:09:32 PM

I want so bad for this book to include my girls Surge and Mercury.

It hurts me that only the worst New X-Man found success (looking your way, Pixie!)
    You've got a pretty broad definition of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Or a relative one.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I'd say based on my personal experience that Pixie is more well-known than Surge or Mercury. I knew of Pixie's existence before I started actually reading any Marvel comics, not so for the other two.
    X-Poster of July 24th, 2013, 6:09:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I've given up on Watxm
    NEVER liked ANXM since i hate the stupid concept.
    UA isn't stable enough of a release title (and I'm not crazy on it anyway).
    Astonishing lost me after the cast switch.
    Legacy doesn't offend, but didn't attract me so far (Legion is the main sticking point).
    Cable and X-force suffers from the simple fact that i NEVER liked Cable, and throwing Hope in as a main character didn't help any.
    and Uncanny (X-men/X-force) Isn't out yet, so I'll wait and see on that one.

But mostly, I'm just pissed off that the same fucking characters keep getting reused over and over again.
    one of the best period, IMO was during the Blue/Gold team era of the 90's when you had two different X-teams that at least TRIED to utilize as many characters as possible over 2 books.

not including this new "XX" Marvel NOW! has got 8 f#@king X-books.
    that's easily enough room to give 60 different characters a spotlight at least.
    and yet, many of the same characters keep showing up in multiple books, while many other characters keep falling to the wayside.
    YES LORD SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT! This is why I stuggle to gives comics and mangas any fucks. They forever keep showing the same characters down my throat. Screw the fact that I adore majority of the younger mutants, Marvel continues to play it safe and take the easy way out when it comes to their comics. Marvel does little to no efforts to use the others one hundred something mutant characters they have. It's pretty much just Cyclops, Rogue, Emma, Kitty, Hope, Gambit, Iceman, and some other A listers. Seriously how many fucking books does Storm and Wolverine need to appear in? Seriously I hate comic logic. No way in hell can Storm and Wolverine be everywhere. They are not God. The only Marvel comics I'm reading with genuine care are X-Treme X-Men mainly because of Sage and Cable & X-Force mainly for Domino. I'm not saying that Marvel shouldn't use there A-Listers, but would it kill them to do something of value with Surge, Dust, Mercury, Gentle, Hellion, Kiden, and more? I swear as much as I appreciate Brian Wood's writing, he better have a cast that actually is unique. Rumor has it that Storm and Pixie are a shoe in. I of course am only happy for Pixie. However if Husk, Anole, Hellion, Warpath, or someone who isn't a A-Lister doesn't make the team.... that's just another X-Book that will be added to my ignore list. Marvel needs to start using characters who haven't been around for the last thirty years or more. Also I fault many of the weak writers as well. You know who you are.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod