Page 175 of 183 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2732

I echo the view that people remember it's a Batman movie and it had the word "Rises" in. Not everybody is into movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I'm hearing this in the news and even on some forums discussing the Aurora tragedy. I didn't think the movie was so obscure to general audiences that so many people would get the name wrong.
    People also call 'A New Hope' 'Star Wars'. It happens. Life goes on.
    ...Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I'm hearing this in the news and even on some forums discussing the Aurora tragedy. I didn't think the movie was so obscure to general audiences that so many people would get the name wrong.
    Obscure? How does a movie make $1 billion by being obscure, I'm pretty sure people will call Man of Steel "that new Superman movie" or even "Superman of Steel" instead of it's actual name.
    "If anyone has a long face at my funeral, I'll never speak to them again"

I've never heard of TDKR being called Batman Rising

Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    I've never heard of TDKR being called Batman Rising
    Neither have I. I have heard it confused with "The Dark Knight", but that's understandable.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by CjP View Post
    People also call 'A New Hope' 'Star Wars'. It happens. Life goes on.
    And they'd be right to.

The film was originally released as "Star Wars". "A New Hope" was in the rolling text at the beginning, but I don't think it was ever the name of the film until they renamed it years later.

Seriously, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    And they'd be right to.

The film was originally released as "Star Wars". "A New Hope" was in the rolling text at the beginning, but I don't think it was ever the name of the film until they renamed it years later.
    Close, but originally "A New Hope" wasn't on there at all, nor was any episode number. Both were added later.

In '77 it went from "...galaxy far, far away." to "STAR WARS" then straight to "It is a period of civil war..."

Your point, though, remains.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Close, but originally "A New Hope" wasn't on there at all, nor was any episode number. Both were added later.

In '77 it went from "...galaxy far, far away." to "STAR WARS" then straight to "It is a period of civil war..."

Your point, though, remains.
    I didn't know that. When did they add that then?

It was on the version I watched to death in the early 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I didn't know that. When did they add that then?

It was on the version I watched to death in the early 80s.
    It wasn't added until '81... which is weird, because Empire came out in '80, and it had "Episode V" on there from the beginning. Apparently Lucas original wanted SW to say "Episode IV: A New Hope," but FOX thought it would confuse the viewers, so they left it off, only to add the episode V to SW:ESB, and confuse those viewers, instead.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Watched the entire trilogy this past week with my wife, who had not seen Rises yet.

She really enjoyed the first two and was very excited to see what would happen in the third, but was ultimately disappointed.

I was kinda hoping that seeing it again with someone who isn't quite the BatFREAK that I am, I might enjoy it more. That was certainly the case rewatching Begins and TDK.

Unfortunately, her response to the film was very much like mine. She found it to be jumbled and unaffecting.

The only moment that kinda floored her was the Miranda Tate reveal at the end. That kinda blew her doors, which was cool. I wish this film had been more to my liking. So many great elements to bring together for such a cheesy letdown of a movie.

Like the prior Batfilms (Burton and Shumacher's films), I can't imagine any reason to watch this again.

The best part of rewatching it was showing her "How it should have ended" afterwards.

Let me put it this way, here is my ranking of every Batman movie to date:

1. The Dark Knight
    2. Batman Begins
    3. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    4. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
    5. Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
    6. Batman: Under the Red Hood
    7. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1
    8. Batman: Year One
    9. Batman (1989)
    10. The Batman vs. Dracula
    11. Batman Returns
    12. Batman (1966)
    13. The Dark Knight Rises
    14. Batman: Gotham Knight
    15. Batman Forever
    16. Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
    17. Batman & Robin

As you can see the 1st 2 Nolan movies get the top to spots & his 3rd doesn't even make the top 10. Such a shame. There were great moments. Anne Hathaway's Selina Kyle was fantastic and ironically stole every scene she was in, but as a whole it was a complete shambles that pretty much crapped on all the great work and word-building to in the 2 movies that preceded it.
    U-Go Girl lives & Squirrel Girl is the nuts!

BANNED

I feel the exact opposite, TDKR is my favorite of the three. TDK has the edge with Ledger, but it tried too hard to be all real world and serious. TDKR was a more bombastic film that fit the style of Batman perfectly, while keeping a serious tone.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    Anne Hathaway's Selina Kyle was fantastic and ironically stole every scene she was in, but as a whole it was a complete shambles that pretty much crapped on all the great work and word-building to in the 2 movies that preceded it.
    I felt the same way. Sadly, Hathaway's performance was one of the only enjoyable aspects of the film for me.

The third film seemed to build on some of the things I didn't care for about from the first two films.
    Last edited by ispacehead; 01-11-2013 at 03:48 PM.

TDKR was my favorite of the three.

Batman Begins was awesome, but had a little too much navel-gazing and introspection on Bruce's part. Plus I thought Ra's Al Ghul's plan was kind of lame.

TDK was a great Joker movie, but not enough Batman and the plot became way too cluttered in the last half.

TDKR had just about the right mix of everything, plus it brought in the best elements from the other two movies.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-11-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.