Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    415

    Default Ultimate Spiderman Question (2) (Minor Spoilers)

    I got a bonus check from work and am wisely spending it on comics.

    I am going to finish purchasing Ultimate Spiderman through Death of Spiderman. (I'm at #118 now)

    I've been using this Wiki as my guide for which TPB to purchase.

    I notice that there was a renumbering of sorts, that seemed to only last 15 issues.

    Question 1.) What was this? And why?

    Question 2.) Where do I go after Death of a Spiderman? I saw somewhere something about an "Ultimate Fallout." What is the next storyline step/issue to read after Death of Spiderman?

  2. #2
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    The renumbering was the post-ultimatum relaunch. It lasted for 15 issues before the original numbering returned for #150.

    After death of spider-man get ultimate fallout and then the NEW relaunch of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  3. #3
    Junior Member LJ-90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    342

    Default

    After Ultimatum all the Ultimate titles had a renumbering and Ultimate Spider-Man became Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, but it only lasted for 15 issues, after that it went back to it's original numbering until issue 160 (last part of Death of Spider-Man). So, in tpb form, after Ultimatum comes:

    -The new world according to Peter Parker.
    -Chameleons
    -Death of Spider-Man Prelude
    -Death of Spider-Man

    Ultimate Fallout deals with the ramifications of Death Of Spider-Man, and establish the groundwork for the next 3 ongoings in the Ultimate Universe.

    After Fallout, if you want to keep reading Spider-Man, you'll have to get Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man vol.1 Who is Miles Morales?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LJ-90 View Post
    After Ultimatum all the Ultimate titles had a renumbering and Ultimate Spider-Man became Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, but it only lasted for 15 issues, after that it went back to it's original numbering until issue 160 (last part of Death of Spider-Man). So, in tpb form, after Ultimatum comes:

    -The new world according to Peter Parker.
    -Chameleons
    -Death of Spider-Man Prelude
    -Death of Spider-Man

    Ultimate Fallout deals with the ramifications of Death Of Spider-Man, and establish the groundwork for the next 3 ongoings in the Ultimate Universe.

    After Fallout, if you want to keep reading Spider-Man, you'll have to get Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man vol.1 Who is Miles Morales?
    From what I can tell, the Miles Morales Ultimate Comics are only 20-30 issues out? I'll probably pick them all up, but I can't say for sure how soon I get to reading them.

  5. #5
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    From what I can tell, the Miles Morales Ultimate Comics are only 20-30 issues out? I'll probably pick them all up, but I can't say for sure how soon I get to reading them.
    #19 came out just last week :)
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  6. #6

    Default

    I started with the Miles Morales issues and Now I'm reading the back issues while I wait each month. It's working out well for me so far. I'm also collecting all miles morales appearances, but so far he's only crossed over into ultimates.

  7. #7
    Junior Member LJ-90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    From what I can tell, the Miles Morales Ultimate Comics are only 20-30 issues out? I'll probably pick them all up, but I can't say for sure how soon I get to reading them.
    Well if you plan to continue with the tpb/HC format, there are only 2 so far (vol.3 comes out later this month)

  8. #8
    Junior Member TheFerg714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I got a bonus check from work and am wisely spending it on comics.

    I am going to finish purchasing Ultimate Spiderman through Death of Spiderman. (I'm at #118 now)

    I've been using this Wiki as my guide for which TPB to purchase.

    I notice that there was a renumbering of sorts, that seemed to only last 15 issues.

    Question 1.) What was this? And why?

    Question 2.) Where do I go after Death of a Spiderman? I saw somewhere something about an "Ultimate Fallout." What is the next storyline step/issue to read after Death of Spiderman?
    Yea it's super confusing, but I'm here to help! Here's a nifty list:
    Ultimate Spider-Man 1-133. (Artists: Mark Bagley and Stuart Immonen)
    Ultimatum: Spider-Man Requiem 1-2 (Not necessary, but a good read nonetheless. Still written by Bendis)
    Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man 1-15. (Artists: David Lafuente [mostly])
    Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man (original numbering) 150-160. (Artist: Mark Bagley on issues 156-160)
    Ultimate Comics: Fallout
    Ultimate Comics: All-New Spider-man 1-??. (Artists: Sara Pichelli [mostly])

    When you looked at TPB's it much simpler.

    Ultimate Spider-Man 1-18. Artist: Mark Bagley
    Ultimate Spider-Man 19-22. Artist: Stuart Immonen
    Ultimatum: Spider-Man Reqiuem 1-2 (single issues)
    Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man 1-4. Multiple Artists, but it's mainly David Lafuente. Mark Bagley's on the 4th TPB.
    Ultimate Fallout
    Ultimate Comics: All-New Spider-Man 1-?? (only two have been released thus far)

    Idk if you care about the artists changes or not but it helps me to comprehend the entire run and split it up into sections.

    Now to answer your questions directly.
    1. After Ultimatum the entire Ultimate Universe rebooted. This was their attempt to "change up" Spider-man. Bendis still writes it, so it's still awesome. I guess they decided that was a bad idea and to get more readers they reinstated the old numbering and original artist.
    2. Ultimate Comics: Fallout is not really necessary but it does have some historic character moments and the funeral. It also introduces Miles in issue 5. But if Spidey is the only Ultimate comic you're reading just pick up Miles' Spidey's first TPB, because U.Fallout 5 is included.

    Also, Wikipedia is your best friend. I read the entirety of Ultimate Spidey last summer and this page was a life saver. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series! As you already know, the entire series is completely badass.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Man_story_arcs
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 01-07-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Buffy: Season 10~Angel & Faith Vol. 2~Serenity: Leaves on the Wind
    Ultimate: Spider-man~FF~All-New Ultimates
    Forever Evil~Batman~Green Arrow
    Hawkeye~Uncanny X-Men

  9. #9
    Junior Member TheFerg714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gio3432 View Post
    I started with the Miles Morales issues and Now I'm reading the back issues while I wait each month. It's working out well for me so far. I'm also collecting all miles morales appearances, but so far he's only crossed over into ultimates.
    Spider-Men :) Written by Bendis and art by Pichelli. And don't worry, I know it sounds stupid, but it's actually good... REALLY good.
    Buffy: Season 10~Angel & Faith Vol. 2~Serenity: Leaves on the Wind
    Ultimate: Spider-man~FF~All-New Ultimates
    Forever Evil~Batman~Green Arrow
    Hawkeye~Uncanny X-Men

  10. #10
    Cyclops was right webhead921's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Spider-men is great and is a must read for Ultimate Spider-man fans. It provides much needed closure for Aunt May and Gwen.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •