Default Bane(Dark Knight Rises) vs Ivan Drago(Rocky IV)

Fight takes place in the middle of a random street in Gotham. Noone else will interfere. Who wins?

This has been done before. Bane actually wins this.

6.5/10

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan8572 View Post
    Fight takes place in the middle of a random street in Gotham. Noone else will interfere. Who wins?
    Been done before as has been said and Bane should win. Didn't he put his fist through a lamp post or something?

I think the last discussion came down to the *stated* punching power of Drago being enough that it should go through walls or something but he clearly wasn't really punching that hard because Rocky's head would have landed in the front row if he had been.

It wasn't really resolved if Drago can actually punch ~2200 lbs or not because there's nothing to compare it to. We know Rocky is practically superhuman considering the damage he's taken and that Apollo died from fighting Drago. Every movie made Rocky's feats higher. Rocky 4 was the highest at the time until Rocky Balboa (in which he was able to stand up to the current heavyweight champion even though he in his 60's).

People have fought in real life at 60's, but they usually get beat pretty easily due to slow speeds. The fight are called way before that level of damage in the Rocky movies.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    This has been done before. Bane actually wins this.

6.5/10
    I don't remember that conclusion being reached...

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Been done before as has been said and Bane should win. Didn't he put his fist through a lamp post or something?
    Not even close, he punched pieces off a stone pillar.

I think the last discussion came down to the *stated* punching power of Drago being enough that it should go through walls or something but he clearly wasn't really punching that hard because Rocky's head would have landed in the front row if he had been.
    Apollo was beaten to death by Drago in four rounds when he was about a third as strong as he was when he fought Rocky.

Rocky is just a superhuman juggernaut. Drago compared him to a piece of iron.

Drago, 7/10
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

In a boxing match, I'd go with Drago 7/10 as well. But without rules, Bane has the advantage.

I recall Drago taking out Apollo in round 2. He was saved by the bell in round 1.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    It wasn't really resolved if Drago can actually punch ~2200 lbs or not because there's nothing to compare it to. We know Rocky is practically superhuman considering the damage he's taken and that Apollo died from fighting Drago. Every movie made Rocky's feats higher. Rocky 4 was the highest at the time until Rocky Balboa (in which he was able to stand up to the current heavyweight champion even though he in his 60's).

People have fought in real life at 60's, but they usually get beat pretty easily due to slow speeds. The fight are called way before that level of damage in the Rocky movies.
    In Rocky Balboa, he stood up to the heavyweight champion because he broke his hand on Rocky :)

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    In Rocky Balboa, he stood up to the heavyweight champion because he broke his hand on Rocky :)
    Yeah I know, which is hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. But Dixon was kicking his ass before that.

Drago's going to be lucky if he survives a handful of hits from Bane, much less win any fights. Guy punched chunks out of stone walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

Well, dont forget that they were in an official match so wearing gloves would minimize the effect of the impacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    Drago's going to be lucky if he survives a handful of hits from Bane, much less win any fights. Guy punched chunks out of stone walls.
    "Chunks" is a strong word.

They were very small chunks.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan8572 View Post
    Well, dont forget that they were in an official match so wearing gloves would minimize the effect of the impacts.
    studies show boxing gloves make punches deadlier

Actually, they show that gloves reduce visible injury, which makes it so that the judges don't call off the match, which leads to more things like brain damage.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosis View Post
    "Chunks" is a strong word.

They were very small chunks.
    It's honestly more to go by than a machine saying Drago's punch ludicrously has the equivalent force of a speeding car.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    It's honestly more to go by than a machine saying Drago's punch ludicrously has the equivalent force of a speeding car.
    A punch is ludicrous yes, but in real life highly trained martial artists can kick with force equivalent to a speeding car.

BTW, Bane also broke Batman's graphite cowl and snapped handcuffs with his bare hands.