Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm pretty excited. Its a B-list cast and Johns does B-list characters really well. Plus I get to see MM Stargirl and Vibe, so I'm in. All a-list teams are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing more Katana and Martian Manhunter!
    Yeah, these are the two I'm most interested in, and while JLA might not be the best home for them, it's better than their previous ones (Birds and StormWatch).
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    it's just i can't see this team doing well against legit threats....they have no real power hitters
    They have MArtian Manhunter and a new Green Lantern. Besides they aren't the main Justice League team.

I'm not crazy about this team but I think it will be okay. Still not sure why Catwoman is on the team, I don't like how DC's trying to make her a hero.

I'm most excited by the cast of the book. Absolutely love Vibe, Stargirl, And Hawkman. Enjoy everyone else. It's time for these brahs to shine!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    They have MArtian Manhunter and a new Green Lantern. Besides they aren't the main Justice League team.

I'm not crazy about this team but I think it will be okay. Still not sure why Catwoman is on the team, I don't like how DC's trying to make her a hero.
    I don't like Catwoman as a hero either, I'm hoping she's not there for any personal, moral issue, but because she was either coerced or offered something, in return for joining the team. If they play it like that, and have her solely on the team for her infiltration/burglary skills, then they have my attention.

Still, since she's a known criminal, you'd have to wonder why they'd have her on the team, in her very recognizable outfit (an in-story reason, not the obvious Catwoman recognizably reason.).
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

I'm excited on the basis that a scrappier, less "iconic" League should be an interesting counterpoint to the Main League. And, God help them, Hawkman, Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter really need strong homes.

Plus, it seems a good place to put Simon Baz - a character I like, but I want Hal back as well!
    Last edited by Claude; 01-07-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'm excited on the basis that a crappier, less "iconic" League should be an interesting counterpoint to the Main League. And, God help them, Hawkman, Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter really need strong homes.

Plus, it seems a good place to put Simon Baz - a character I like, but I want Hal back as well!
    Looking at it that way maybe I should be more excited about it than I am since those are exactly the types of books I'm really enjoying with the reboot. Maybe I'll revise my thoughts on it and give it a try.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

I Just can't...looking at the teams roster really kills it for me maybe if they had a stronger line up that could result in better battles maybe I'd be more interested but as it stands I Find Myself more interested in what bendis has planned for Uncanny X-Men

anyone else having the same problem?
    You can't go wrong with Geoff Johns and a B-C level group of characters. He works best with that type of mold.
    The X-Men are already giving me a headache with this time displaced group of characters. Bendis is just awful.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Comic Book Fanatic!!! Memphis Raines's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    You can't go wrong with Geoff Johns and a B-C level group of characters. He works best with that type of mold.
    The X-Men are already giving me a headache with this time displaced group of characters. Bendis is just awful.
    I think the roster is interesting aside from Catwoman and Vibe. I'm looking foward to it.

Also, no heaver hitters?!? With Martian Manhunter and a Green Lantern on the roster?!? Are you kidding? That's a nice balance of power to me.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; 01-07-2013 at 11:19 AM.

I'm not a fan of just about anything Johns is doing right now, but I'm actually looking forward to him on Stargirl. I'll give it a try.
    DC: ASW ● A. Man ● Batgirl ● Batman ● Batwoman ● BoP ● E2 ● Flash ● Dial H ● JLD ● Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Av ● C. Mar ● Hawkguy ● N.Av ● Thor ● W&XM
    Other: Saga ● Red Sonja

It's got about the same balance of Power that the Avengers Movie had two Heavy Hitters (Martian Manhunter once took on the whole JL solo and survived to tell the tale) a well trained group of normal humans and adds a sprinkling of minor super humans in to make an interesting mix. A think it sounds like a good dynamic overall and am very interested in seeing how it all plays out.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Honestly, I heard that not every team member is suppose to be permanent and with that I'm hoping they switch Martian Manhunter with Billy Batson from Justice League. I actually want Catwoman to stay on the team as well.

I Just can't...looking at the teams roster really kills it for me maybe if they had a stronger line up that could result in better battles maybe I'd be more interested but as it stands I Find Myself more interested in what bendis has planned for Uncanny X-Men

anyone else having the same problem?

Good god, man. Another "I'm Not Interested in This Book" thread?

If you're not interested in a book then don't read it. The end. You don't have to tell us about all the titles you don't read. We don't care.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I think the roster is interesting aside from Catwoman and Vibe. I'm looking foward to it.

Also, no heaver hitters?!? With Martian Manhunter and a Green Lantern on the roster?!? Are you kidding? That's a nice balance of power to me.
    they call them the world's most dangerous....would you really say that fits with catwoman green arrow and vibe being on the team? aside from Baz And Manhunter JLA would easily be manhandled by The Justice League
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

A group of popular B-list heroes united by Steve Trevor to go up against a reimagined version of the Secret Society of Supervillains. What's not to be excited about?