Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    There is also the fact that the lack of straps carries too much potential to it look like a costume in real life. Like a Halloween costume. And that's great for, cosplay, not so much if one wants the audience to take the character seriously, In the same way that Superman's red trunks don't translate that well to real life. Lynda's show is an older show. We look back on it and appreciate it for what it was. I'd say that just like how Batman could never go back to the light grey/dark grey combo in live action nor can Wonder Woman go back to the classic costume in live action. Modern audiences would not take it seriously. Not "this must be dark and gritty" seriously, but "why would anyone wear that in public" seriously, or "no one could do what she does in that suit" seriously.
    Superman can wear whatever he wants. He's from outer space, why would he care? Plus tights and a cape is absurd just like tights, a cape and trunks are absurd.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

My only thought is that they might give her red boots or make the actress wear closed shoes. Like in the New frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Superman can wear whatever he wants. He's from outer space, why would he care? Plus tights and a cape is absurd just like tights, a cape and trunks are absurd.
    Quoted for Truth.

And for "Batman could never go back to the light grey/dark grey combo"? I imagine it just fine and it looks incredible. In fact I can imagine every issue of the New 52 Justice League in live action in my mind, frame for frame, and believe me people. It looks incredible.

Pretty much this. A couple of straps for practicality doesn't change the costume. A more detailed view of it:

Completely works, it's totally classic, there's no reasonable complaint with this sort of look that I can think of.
    well, it's ugly imo.....

;)
    M

From Josh MC's bog.

First a live-action of his much discussed costume design:

http://fanartexhibit.wordpress.com/2...comes-to-life/

I think it looks fantastic. Although the tiara and breast-plate look a little over-sized.

Secondly, an updated "sequel" costume design:

http://fanartexhibit.wordpress.com/2...sequel-design/

I think it's a great update and would work well for a sequel as a modernised version of the above design. But, I'm not sure about the "mesh" material as it looks a little like a Lorna Jane workout outfit. If Wonder Woman did move towards "modern" materials, then I'd prefer to see the metal breast-plate replaced with something slightly more modern looking - like whatever Superman's new "S" is made out of. And perhaps the belt/girdle could be updated a little as well.

I do so enjoy Josh's work on these designs (hi Josh - if you're out there). :)

Thanks, Haephestus, for posting the the updated sequel look - I hadn't seen that one; I like it.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    All Im sayn is any design is possible.

I want a superhero costume. Not a Xena costume because it's more "believeable".
    We all know that if they made a movie, unless it is set in the past like Captain America, that they are gonna change the costume. It is inevitable. You just may have the skip the movie.

They have been trying for years to redo Superman's classic costume for film. Even muted the colors, but no one looks as good in it as Reeves. It always looks a little hokey. The current changes to Superman and the changes to Wonder Woman's costume that I am taking about are similar in nature. In fact, the arguments for adding straps in Wonder Woman's costume have more substance to them than the arguments for taking away the red underwear in Superman's. But either way just take away the hokey parts. You already agree with me

Pretty much this. A couple of straps for practicality doesn't change the costume. A more detailed view of it:

Completely works, it's totally classic, there's no reasonable complaint with this sort of look that I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Quoted for Truth.

And for "Batman could never go back to the light grey/dark grey combo"? I imagine it just fine and it looks incredible. In fact I can imagine every issue of the New 52 Justice League in live action in my mind, frame for frame, and believe me people. It looks incredible.
    All grey, maybe. In fact the new 52 suit is primarily grey, there are no black trunks, just gloves and boots.

But the black and grey in live action that I am talking about will just remind people of this.

And unlike Superman and Wonder Woman's classic costume that didn't even work for live action back in the day.

The curious one.

They have been trying for years to redo Superman's classic costume for film. Even muted the colors, but no one looks as good in it as Reeves. It always looks a little hokey. The current changes to Superman and the changes to Wonder Woman's costume that I am taking about are similar in nature. In fact, the arguments for adding straps in Wonder Woman's costume have more substance to them than the arguments for taking away the red underwear in Superman's. But either way just take away the hokey parts. You already agree with me
    I wonder if part of that isn't the actor? Reeves wore the costume so naturally, it didn't seem as strange on him as when Dean Cain wore it. Lynda Carter did the same thing with her costume, she didn't seem out place it in.

If they get the right actress who can pull it off -Yes.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    This is the number 1 item that they must get right. That is why, in my opinion, Adrianne Palicki was just wrong for the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    This is the number 1 item that they must get right. That is why, in my opinion, Adrianne Palicki was just wrong for the roll.
    There are several who 'radiate' a WW aura but they're most A-listers, which has its good and bads.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

There are several who 'radiate' a WW aura but they're most A-listers, which has its good and bads.
    Do a comprehensive search, and hopefully they can get an unknown with that aura

I dig the idea of WW's costume evolving over the course of several movies--from ancient Greek battledress to something more superhero modern. Maybe over time they actually can please everyone. Who would've thunk it?

As well as the right crew and the right editor.

They have been trying for years to redo Superman's classic costume for film. Even muted the colors, but no one looks as good in it as Reeves. It always looks a little hokey. The current changes to Superman and the changes to Wonder Woman's costume that I am taking about are similar in nature. In fact, the arguments for adding straps in Wonder Woman's costume have more substance to them than the arguments for taking away the red underwear in Superman's.
    They're also tried to update how costumes work for the heroes. They tried to say that Superman's costume and cape are made of Kryptonian threads, which is why it never gets damaged. But where does he get the threads from if all he had was the cape? How can the Fortress of Solitude make those threads in the middle of North Pole? In the TV series he's got lots of spares and it's doubtful his birth parents expected him to fit into them when he grew up. So tougher materials were used to make them fee more serious, even if it ruins some of the visual appeal. It's all fashion.